PDA

View Full Version : home Turbo install

Dtegra
07-07-2005, 12:49 AM
hey guys jus wondering...my mate and i thought of doing a lil home turbo install

f*Ck up the existing headers to suit say a t25g (s13 sr20det turbo) doing all the neccessary hoses and putting a fuel pressure regulator to get a bit more fuel in and im talkin only about 5-6 psi
i have a b18a integra LS goes real good 15.7@90mph. and jus wanna see if its worth it i got the goods jus im afraid i will blow my motor ya know any advice please need it asap as the weekend is approaching
also wat sorta times? and say power would i gain? like im 112whp now 83.8kws at the wheels now...please help guys

saxman
07-07-2005, 04:19 AM
will work fine... if you tune it... which you can't do with a fuel pressure regulator...

you should be afraid that you will blow your motor... you're cutting out the most important part of a turbo install

Illegal
07-07-2005, 04:50 AM
He doesnt need an intercooler for that size turbo if thats the important part you were talking about. Not at that boost on that size. My friends ek civic with a t15 at 7-10lbs was fine with no intercooler, he is adding one now but he doesnt NEED it.

saxman
07-07-2005, 10:14 AM
He doesnt need an intercooler for that size turbo if thats the important part you were talking about. Not at that boost on that size. My friends ek civic with a t15 at 7-10lbs was fine with no intercooler, he is adding one now but he doesnt NEED it.
I was talking about engine management...

Illegal
07-07-2005, 11:46 AM
yep, I like hondata

Dtegra
07-07-2005, 12:01 PM
so wats shud i get then
??

barefootbonzai
07-07-2005, 01:54 PM
I recommend you do a lot more research before you start anything.

saxman
07-07-2005, 05:02 PM
yep, I like hondata
I prefer uberdata personally... does everything hondata does for free

ProECU
07-07-2005, 09:28 PM
well some folk will tell you uberdata costs $1500 to get running...

saxman
08-07-2005, 03:58 AM
well some folk will tell you uberdata costs $1500 to get running...
how come? requires maybe $15 in chips soldered into the ecu... no one is supposed to charge for the software itself(that's part of the eua of uber)... sure, if you go somewhere to have it tuned you'll have to pay to have it tuned, but that shouldn't be any different than any other tuning software

I'm sure the uberdata guys would love to know who is charging people $1500 to get it running

Illegal
08-07-2005, 04:39 AM
how come? requires maybe $15 in chips soldered into the ecu... no one is supposed to charge for the software itself(that's part of the eua of uber)... sure, if you go somewhere to have it tuned you'll have to pay to have it tuned, but that shouldn't be any different than any other tuning software

I'm sure the uberdata guys would love to know who is charging people $1500 to get it running

I would like to know as well. The software is windows bassed so you could also steet tune it your self with a laptop.

ProECU
08-07-2005, 10:21 AM
do a search on Uberdata...

correction, I believe the figure was $1200

LVNIT
08-07-2005, 11:02 AM
Dont start this bullshit again mate.

I think it was made quite clear what those costs were for.

saxman
08-07-2005, 11:58 AM
doing a search brings up these numbers
"
Program: Free
ECU: $255
Wideband: $405 (which is about as cheap as they get)
Eprom burner: $310 (Batronix USB, purchased before the Moates was available)
ZIF socket, a few chips etc: $62

Total cost: $1,032

I also bought an OBD2->1 harness which was around $110, which would have pushed the cost to $1,142 if i was OBD2."

to get yourself set up with uberdata, assuming someone else is tuning your car and you're obd1, that's a $62 cost

Illegal
08-07-2005, 12:01 PM
so hondata sounds much better, thats why i use that, and well, everyone I've ever met.

LVNIT
08-07-2005, 12:06 PM
to get yourself set up with uberdata, assuming someone else is tuning your car and you're obd1, that's a $62 cost

At the end of the day one can always take different paths.. Its always going to cost more if you are not obd1, cost of conversion harness, ecu..

You COULD just buy the chips, borrow someones burner (if you can find someone with it) burn the chip and drive your car.

Or you could do that and then get it on the dyno to check it, then have to fuk around making changes when you have to borrow the burner again (assuming you can find one) - Once again this brings the cost up.

Or you could buy a wideband, buy everything you need to get it going and do it all yourself - Once again this brings the cost up.

Or you could do whatever the **** you want :thumbsup:

Dtegra
08-07-2005, 01:48 PM
thankz for stealing my post ..and for all ur crap help

LVNIT
08-07-2005, 02:23 PM
Its still in relation to what others have been talking about.

Ie. engine management

saxman
08-07-2005, 02:26 PM
At the end of the day one can always take different paths.. Its always going to cost more if you are not obd1, cost of conversion harness, ecu..

You COULD just buy the chips, borrow someones burner (if you can find someone with it) burn the chip and drive your car.

Or you could do that and then get it on the dyno to check it, then have to fuk around making changes when you have to borrow the burner again (assuming you can find one) - Once again this brings the cost up.

Or you could buy a wideband, buy everything you need to get it going and do it all yourself - Once again this brings the cost up.

Or you could do whatever the **** you want :thumbsup:
right... but the same goes with hondata...

you could just buy the s200 and borrow someones burner or you could do that, and dyno to check, or you could buy a wideband and check that, or you could have someone else tune it...

the difference in price comes in the cost of the actual ems itself, not what it costs to apply it to your vehicle

and Dtegra... no one was stealing your thread... you specifically asked what you should get and what you need to keep your car from blowing... and that's the answer you got

LVNIT
08-07-2005, 02:34 PM
Yeah I know what your saying Saxman,

I was just referring it more so to Proecu's comments in this thread. Like I said before, at the end of the day people can decide for themselves what ECU they wish to use, it doesnt bother me.

saxman
08-07-2005, 02:51 PM
Yeah I know what your saying Saxman,

I was just referring it more so to Proecu's comments in this thread. Like I said before, at the end of the day people can decide for themselves what ECU they wish to use, it doesnt bother me.
yah... it just gets annoying with people adding rediculous things to the cost of running a software...

I'm half expecting to see a thread saying "it cost me over $6000 to set up uberdata!!!" and have the price breakdown be something stupid like
$6000 for the car
$50 for gas to drive to the store and back
$20 for a soldering iron
$5 for solder
$2 for a soda to drink while soldering the ecu
$5 for the towel to clean up the spilled soda on the ecu
$250 for a new ecu to replace the one ruined by the spilled soda

and $20 in chips and stuff