PDA

View Full Version : Someone with a EK VTi, help!

madgrk
07-02-2004, 10:26 AM
I know this may sound stupid/idiotic/whatever, but does anyone with an EK VTi have a sound clip of what their car sounds like when it hits VTEC? Is it as loud as a B16? I'm assuming not, but people here are saying that you still get a loud sound, but no kick in the pants.. Can anyone please verify this? If an EK VTi is bought with a cannon muffler and pod, would that accentuate the sound more?

Thanks for the help :)

Weq
07-02-2004, 10:47 AM
gee what a great reasoning to by a car on. You will get a change in engine note, but most likely u'll be the only one to hear it i'm afraid. The cannon will give u extra raspyness and the pod will give u induction noise. Its quite obvious really.

madgrk
07-02-2004, 11:15 AM
Im not basing buying the car on that, in fact I never stated I was buying one. Its just that I hear so much about these VTi's and that I was wondering what the sound is like compared to a VTiR thats all.

Weq
07-02-2004, 02:09 PM
Ahhk, well its hard to say. U definatlly get a change in engine note, but i still think the crossover would only be able to be herd incabin!

VTi-RT
08-02-2004, 10:44 AM
with a pod air filter ppl outside the car will hear a slight difference. I can tell you the VTi does not sound anywhere nearly as good as a VTi-R kicking into vtec.

madgrk
08-02-2004, 02:13 PM
Oh obviously, its just that its funny how some people say that a VTi is so loud compared to just a regular DOHC car. I wouldnt really think it is, and if it was an EG VTi vs an EG Si i'd say they're probably about the same. Would that be about right??

A'PEXi
09-02-2004, 06:29 PM
umm it wont be as loud as b16's.... "s"ohc :P

CivicCoupe
09-02-2004, 07:20 PM
I have a VTI coupe,

It had a canon on it and I couldn't here jack shit.. So i put a K&N pod, and it sounds pretty good to me. I can hear the difference (so yes it accentuates the sound more) and its fun to hear it go loud. But apart from the noise, theres not much else left to smile about.

The engine sounds like this -- > :twisted:

The car goes like this -- > :roll:

I'll get a clip of it for yah. Probably this saturday.