PDA

View Full Version : Retail of a new dc5r???

RichieTougeBattle
07-02-2004, 08:19 PM
Is it 43G

McChook
07-02-2004, 08:20 PM
higher

Tofu
07-02-2004, 08:21 PM
at least $45,000

totti
07-02-2004, 08:22 PM
$48,600 drive away with A/C

cheebye
07-02-2004, 09:57 PM
I paid $46k drive away with floor mats and window tint thrown in :D

Talk fo Daniel from Eastern Honda.

totti
07-02-2004, 10:11 PM
i know that $48 is negotiable, just depends how much!

Cr@ckerJ@ck
08-02-2004, 10:51 AM
I paid $46k drive away with floor mats and window tint thrown in

Yeppers thats what I paid too but I got electronic rust proof, crystal galze for the body and protectants for interior.. They make a killing on the aftermarket stuff so haggle the hell outa em! Oh and you gotta get the custom floor mats, there worth $400 for the pair but are awesome quality and fit like a glove..

LUD02C
09-02-2004, 02:48 PM
What made you boys get the DC5R over say WRX or Silvia or a GSR or whatever!

Just wondering...
Don't get me wrong i luv the DC5R's but i just want to hear why!

Jason

McChook
09-02-2004, 02:51 PM
collins honda lists it at $42,990 - but that is plus options i guess

Cr@ckerJ@ck
09-02-2004, 03:22 PM
What made you boys get the DC5R over say WRX or Silvia or a GSR or whatever!

Just wondering...
Don't get me wrong i luv the DC5R's but i just want to hear why!

Jason

Good question, I have been a honda owner for years (integra 1989 model)until recently purchasing a DC5. Although I liked the wrx & the nissans, they just didn't do much for me in the comfort and style area. IMHO the DC5 is more prestigious compared to other sports cars in the same price range, sure the others have major advantages over the DC5 in terms of performance however it was the overall feel of the car that made my mind up. Screaming along a tight mountain road laughing at the advisory speed signs is all it took, i was/am in love :-)

A'PEXi
09-02-2004, 06:33 PM
i think 45 or so

cheebye
09-02-2004, 07:51 PM
Yeppers thats what I paid too but I got electronic rust proof, crystal galze for the body and protectants for interior.. They make a killing on the aftermarket stuff so haggle the hell outa em! Oh and you gotta get the custom floor mats, there worth $400 for the pair but are awesome quality and fit like a glove..

yeh.. I also got the paint protection thing done. didn't want rustproffing or interior protection cause it's just not worth it. I know what they are worth and for what they charge, I could get me a full alpine tv/dvd setup 8)

and yeh, the floormats are simply awesome, and the best thing is they fit exactly according to the shape of the floor!

FunkyR
12-02-2004, 03:31 PM
why not WRX? Well, it looks fugly (I bought my Type R when bug eyes was out) and the build quality is not so good..... the clutch is also not very good and I've heard lots of rex engines giving alot of problems at 80000kms onwards....

why not S15? Well, I dont like the looks of it.... poor boot space, doesnt handle as well, cheap interior, non existant rear seats.....

cheebye
12-02-2004, 04:46 PM
why not WRX? Well, it looks fugly (I bought my Type R when bug eyes was out) and the build quality is not so good..... the clutch is also not very good and I've heard lots of rex engines giving alot of problems at 80000kms onwards....

why not S15? Well, I dont like the looks of it.... poor boot space, doesnt handle as well, cheap interior, non existant rear seats.....

well, considering I work @ subaru docklands, I will answer those questions! looks wise (bugeye shape) each to their own, at first sight, yes they are ugly as shit. With a nice kit, they really start to make their presence really known. Build quality of the subaru is what made me go to Honda 8) - the closing of the doors, the boot and bonnet are telltale signs straightaway of the difference between the 2 cars. My DC5R is like 100kg's lighter than my ex MY98 WRX but going over tram tracks, the car feels so much more solid!

WRX clutches - no problems.

Wrx engine - pretty much bulletproof in stock form, unless the owner does something idiotic and winds up the boost levels to like 18psi onwards without considering better intercooler, bigger injectors, proper engine management system, etc..

WRX Gearbox - well, they hold up pretty well.. I know mine did even with 200kw atw. It all comes down to how good/bad they are treated.

Why not S15? - well, if Nissan still sold them brand new, I woulda got one straight away :)

RichieTougeBattle
14-02-2004, 06:05 PM
dam i got alot od saving to do :(

DarkCoupe
17-02-2004, 04:17 PM
I have driven many subarus .. and they dont come up to scratch when compared to a Honda of any sort ...

sure sure there is the power there ... but mate ... if you wacked a decent blower setup on a 2.0 DC5R, it wilL Sheeeeeeeeeet all over a WRX ...

and don't give me any of that AWD crap. sure sure its fun driving around in the wet with it I'll give you that ... but there's just something about the way Honda's are built, the way the sound etc etc ... that makes ME come back for more :twisted: :D

DarkCoupe
17-02-2004, 04:20 PM
oh and re the topic of discussion :P the cheapest I ever heared of was 45K onroad with A/C and floor mats and tint ... but I think that was mates rates.

Tofu
17-02-2004, 05:08 PM
nah...friend got his blue dc5r with matts and tinting for 45k too