PDA

View Full Version : [Euro] Singapore Parts?

Chris_F
08-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Hey all.

My sister is heading over to singapore this friday and as a late birthday present she is going to bring me back something. I wanna give her some extra money and hopefully get something that's a bit rare in australia for the euro. maybe a wald grille or something along those lines.

Basically i'm looking for something under $300 that is also relatively light.

So if anyone is familiar with singapore (she is staying in stamford at the swissotel) it'd be great if you could give some recommendations for things similar to the following parts:

sway bar
Grille
Lip spoiler
Intake
I'm doin my best to google some info but i really need some help. THanks!

Wazza
08-07-2005, 09:40 PM
I went to Singapore at christmas last year to visit my sister and her husband who have been living there for about 2 years. I found it almost impossible to find any car parts at all, and the ones that I did find where as and if not more expensive than australian prices. I did stumble across a Singapore Honda club, the people there might be able to assist you.

Link is http://www.shc-forum.com/

Chris_F
08-07-2005, 10:00 PM
thanks wazza - damn thats a shame i was hoping to get some cheap stuf

MiSloVic
08-07-2005, 10:41 PM
well, the euro is not an official honda sanctioned import in singapore, furthermore, parallel importer usually bring in the 2.0 Type-R and non-type-r versions. thus, aftermarket parts for the 2.4 euro might be rare..

you might be able to get stuffs like strut bar and intake. there are quite a number of workshops at around the Paya Ubi area. try asking ard to see if they carry parts for the 2.4 euro.

PNR888
09-07-2005, 06:31 PM
Chris:
Car in singapore are super expansive becoz of tax. so for those who can afford cars or modding cars usually go for MB or BMW or alike. as the volume of cars is much less compare to australia, I doubt if the auto parts will be cheaper than Australia. However, its worth try to contact singaporean honda club to get some info.

make sure your sister have water bottle with her all the time, coz its bloody humid hot there all year round. A visit to the night zoo is a must.

MiSloVic
09-07-2005, 10:05 PM
well, you will be surprised how much some of these honda cars are modded in singapore :), despite the though anti-mod laws..
minor mods for the CL7/CL7R are more readily available, but CL9 parts will be rare.

there is a mod shop which carries a wide range of parts..
http://mcwellventures.com/cms/
you can try to email them for parts availability before going down.. their prices may be more expensive though, so need to bargain hard..