PDA

View Full Version : rain sensing wipers help

rain sensing wipers
09-07-2005, 05:24 PM
Hi guys,

For the Euro accord lux, I've read the manual on how to get the rain sensing wipers to work, but when i put it in auto and there is no rain, it turns on. tried adjusting that +/- dial and it just changes the speed but it still stays on whilst dry.

it's prolly real simple but does anyone out there know how to get it to work?

evolution42
09-07-2005, 05:38 PM
-when u turn the switch from off to auto, I think the wipers wipe once (or maybe a few more times) regardless of whether there is water on your windscreen or not.

-make sure the glass infront of the sensor is clean

-try switching it to auto before turning the engine on. it shouldn't wipe if u do this

if it still continues to wipe dry, then I don't know whats wrong with it...

PNR888
09-07-2005, 05:39 PM
Hi, good to see another Brisbane Euro Owner log on to the forum. please check your forum or Private Message Box regularly as we hold Brisbane Euro & accord meet/cruise from time to time.

With Rain sensors:
Pull the stock down one click, that put your sensor on. then u can adjust the speed/sensitivity of the wipers by turn the ring to + or -.

sometimes when u have dusts or bugs landed over the sensor, the wiper will be activated even when it is dry.. I got freaked out the first few times..

If the windscreen is crystal clear and the wipers still going non-stop when in Auto mode. then something must be wrong.