PDA

View Full Version : Tech/How to guides

wynode
07-09-2003, 05:10 PM
Im thinking of putting together some tech/how to guides to help people out / give info.

My next oil change or service I'll make sure to take some pics and do a write up.

If you have anything you would like to contribute, please feel free to post it in this forum as a NEW THREAD with the title (see below) and I'll link it in the stickies (eventually it will be on the main OzHonda site.

Things i'm thinking of:

1. Changing your oil
2. Changing your brake pads
3. Change fuel filter
4. Change oil filter
5. Remove resonator
6. Flush brake fluid line
7. Flush clutch fluid
8. Flush radiator.

ETC. Maybe even focus on ones more Honda related.

Opinions?

vti-2
07-09-2003, 05:14 PM
Sounds good...

ALLMTR
07-09-2003, 09:38 PM
Be aware that doing how to's could be a litigation waiting to happen

wynode
07-09-2003, 10:05 PM
Be aware that doing how to's could be a litigation waiting to happen

That has been on my mind. I was planning on putting in disclaimers etc. What do you reckon?

ALLMTR
07-09-2003, 10:33 PM
I'd steer clear of articles in regards to brakes but oil changes and stuff should be OK

vti-2
08-09-2003, 12:55 PM
There's nothing wrong with posting tech articles on stuff like that as long as there is a disclaimer. It's all common sense anyway, if you aren't sure on how to change brakes even with a tech article, you don't do it!

Jnr Teggy
08-09-2003, 08:02 PM
anything beyond your own mechanical abilities should be performed by a licenced and reputable mechanic

i.e: brake services.....

besides...you can machine your discs at home anyways (which you should do when you change pads)

vti-2
08-09-2003, 08:08 PM
You should only machine discs when they develop ridges or become lipped along the edges, otherwise you will end up with thin discs before you know it and will have to pay out the a$$ for new discs from Honda...

Only machine discs if you have to!

Jnr Teggy
08-09-2003, 08:12 PM
or just go and buy a set of DBA slotted and drilled replacements like i did :)

wynode
08-09-2003, 08:16 PM
or just go and buy a set of DBA slotted and drilled replacements like i did :)

Speaking of......

http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=284&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=a sc&highlight=

VTi-RT
08-09-2003, 09:10 PM
We should be thinking of even more serious tech stuff, like how to rebuild your engine etc... :wink:

wynode
08-09-2003, 09:34 PM
We should be thinking of even more serious tech stuff, like how to rebuild your engine etc... :wink:

Well fee free to start :)

Maybe you could start with "How to turbo your b16..."

VTi-RT
08-09-2003, 09:56 PM
lol... i'm not really a technical writer, but then i'm done I'll post pic's and add some notes about doing an EK civic from the ground up.

Calvo
08-09-2003, 09:59 PM
i can prob do one for removin resonator wen i do mine. it should be this week or next, depending on wen i get free time. prob also DIY cold air feeder aswell, if i can think of a nice creative feasible one for my accord.
i might also beable to write up once for CAI and airfilter change wen i get time.
this might have to wait as i have HSC comin up soon.

wynode
08-09-2003, 10:20 PM
i can prob do one for removin resonator wen i do mine. it should be this week or next, depending on wen i get free time. prob also DIY cold air feeder aswell, if i can think of a nice creative feasible one for my accord.
i might also beable to write up once for CAI and airfilter change wen i get time.
this might have to wait as i have HSC comin up soon.

:thumbsup:

A'PEXi
08-09-2003, 11:15 PM
hmm yeh a DIY section sounds good... if we get enough topics in there =)