PDA

View Full Version : funny noise on rear lefton 5th gen accord

filoaccord
10-07-2005, 06:22 PM
hey guys just wondering i bought them sleeves and got someone to put it on well anyway wen ever i hit a bump theres a funny noise at the rear left like a clonck noise dont know wat it is bought new rear shocks kyb thinking it was that but still the same but the ride is much better then the old shocks anyone has ideas wats wrong??? i know i should have got coil oversd but not rich as some people just wanted to make my car low

h22a accord
11-07-2005, 09:56 AM
make sure the shock is tightened up at very top where it bolts to the car also double check all bolts etc that were removed and replaced when changing the suspension.

the exact same thing happened to my mate when he put sleeves in his civic...it went clonk over bumps, he checked the bolts and a couple were not as tight as they should have been.

ICACHA
11-07-2005, 08:33 PM
did you get new bump stops or leave the old ones in there?

i am still to put my new suspension on my car, but i was told by the guys to also buy new bump stops. whether its them or not i dont know, but worth a try.

just get them to look at what the noise is as they did the job...

dundas
11-07-2005, 10:12 PM
mine made weird noises, but no MAJOR clunks.. just squeeks and soft very soft clunks---

filoaccord
12-07-2005, 02:03 AM
fix the problem the shocks wasnt tight enough all running sweet now

h22a accord
12-07-2005, 09:41 AM
got any pics of your slammed accord? :)