PDA

View Full Version : Air and Warranty

supatt
10-07-2005, 10:13 PM
Just wondering guys..those who have changed CAI and Pod filters, have you had any problems when taking your car into service at honda? like do they say that it has voided the warranty or anything?
thanks!

EuroAccord13
10-07-2005, 10:32 PM
I've heard some actually make a note on your record about your modifications, but I will say this again, if the fault of the part/accessory that needs to be replaced is not directly related to the modification/s or found not to be caused by the modification/s.. It will still be covered under warranty.. (This doesn't apply to Subaru though)..

My dealers knows all my mods, but they told me that they will change any faulty parts that is not caused by my modifications...

bilz~
10-07-2005, 10:53 PM
i thot they would only void ur warranty if u mod ur engine...
as in inside the engine...like the header or spark plug??
correct me if i'm wrong plz...

ahcash
11-07-2005, 10:18 AM
i thot they would only void ur warranty if u mod ur engine...
as in inside the engine...like the header or spark plug??
correct me if i'm wrong plz...

IMO...Not really.. headers and spark plugs not consider as mod that they want to be caution about.. CAI is more tedious.. e.g. if you are using dodgy filters, Intake pipe or sensor not install properly.. dust, water and stuff will get into the engine and potentially damage or shorten the life of the engine...

bilz~
11-07-2005, 10:40 AM
so does that mean they void ur warranty if u have a dodgy mod but not the mod itself?

asiansquad
11-07-2005, 11:29 AM
i reakon it's best to just go ask one of the honda techs

TypeG
12-07-2005, 12:35 PM
I've heard some actually make a note on your record about your modifications, but I will say this again, if the fault of the part/accessory that needs to be replaced is not directly related to the modification/s or found not to be caused by the modification/s.. It will still be covered under warranty.. (This doesn't apply to Subaru though)..

My dealers knows all my mods, but they told me that they will change any faulty parts that is not caused by my modifications...

yes, Honda will take note on what u have mod:cool:

UH-0H
12-07-2005, 12:46 PM
it just doesn't apply to engine mods.
like EuroAccord13 said:
if the fault of the part/accessory that needs to be replaced is not directly related to the modification/s or found not to be caused by the modification/s.. It will still be covered under warranty..

so say if you modified your suspensions, and there was problem around that area of your car that was caused by your suspensions, then they'll charge you for repair; engine faulty, related to your CAI, they'll charge your for repair, etc.

i was worrying about the same thing, so i asked some people who bought brand new cars from honda, and they told me that. but i think it's worth asking honda yourself just to make sure and with a better explanation so you'd have a better idea of how it's gonna work.

i m not sure if honda in aussie is the same as honda in nz, but i suppose they'll pretty much be similar if not the same.

spoon fit
12-07-2005, 06:44 PM
yes, Honda will take note on what u have mod:cool:

how do u know?

muli
14-07-2005, 05:28 PM
i know a couple of honda dealerships have a mod tick box option on service report forms