PDA

View Full Version : Comptech Icebox with Apexi filter?

typsy
11-07-2005, 04:04 PM
I currently have the stock ITR intake arm with an Apexi Power Intake filter. Would a Comptech Icebox fit with this set up?

faijai
11-07-2005, 07:00 PM
comtech makes the piping direct from the IM already dont they?

if u get the comtech icebox it should be a simple bolt on.

typsy
12-07-2005, 11:40 AM
yeh comptech makes the piping from the IM but i dont want to use the piping as the ITR intake arm is good already. I just want to use the Comptech Icebox with with my Apexi filter. But the Apexi filter looks pretty big compared to the Comptech filter that you're supposed to use it with. So i'm not sure that it would fit. Hope it does, this would make an excellent CAI without the pigs on your tail, as it looks stock.

Perry
12-07-2005, 12:52 PM
PM hondaR and he can tell the answer

tanghy
12-07-2005, 01:19 PM
yr apexi won't fit in the comptech box unless it has a arm taht is bent fwd like the oem filter

typsy
15-07-2005, 04:11 PM
yr apexi won't fit in the comptech box unless it has a arm taht is bent fwd like the oem filter

My Apexi filter does fit, even without the flex arm that came with the kit. Instead i used the Apexi adaptor. It doesn't fit perfectly ( one side of the lid didn't clamp down properly ) but its still secure enough so it won't fall off and still does it's job of blocking the hot air from the engine bay. Got rid of that annoying SRI whistling noise as well. :)

tanghy
15-07-2005, 06:36 PM
ok, i was referring to a perfect fit

jdmlvn
15-07-2005, 07:43 PM
My Apexi filter does fit, even without the flex arm that came with the kit. Instead i used the Apexi adaptor. It doesn't fit perfectly ( one side of the lid didn't clamp down properly ) but its still secure enough so it won't fall off and still does it's job of blocking the hot air from the engine bay. Got rid of that annoying SRI whistling noise as well. :)

Corrext *thumbs up*