PDA

View Full Version : cxi or vtir ?

ICV 73C
12-07-2005, 06:15 PM
hey guyz i just want to have an idea for what too get.
1. a civic cxi/gli with a ITR engine conversion OR
2. a civic vtir with a ITR engine conversion/ ? i think its a JDM b18c ?
whats engine does a integra vti r have? (is it a b18c?)

i'm a beginner and i just need some help on deciding. which one is worth getting to save money ? please give me some ideas and correct my engine mistakes if theres any. i'm bloody hopeless :wave:

alphabeatsco
12-07-2005, 06:24 PM
get the cheapest possbil;e and check what each car have...other than the engine
eg brakes, suspensiion, and etc.

cos there's no difference in terms of body and weight/

Zdster
12-07-2005, 06:26 PM
There will be a difference between the cxi and gli though (the cxi doesnt have power mirrors/windows, sunroof etc).

ICV 73C
12-07-2005, 06:29 PM
does a vtir have better brakes and suspension etc. than a cxi/gli ? becoz i also want the car to handle and will it save me money by buyin a vtir bcoz i wont have to change the brakes and suspension etc. ? or im i just paying for the engine for the vti r ? bcoz the price difference on some vtir is bloody XTREME eg $18 000 for a vti r ! :thumbdwn:

i kinda want too convert it to a civic type r ! with the recaro'z and dash n steering, the kit + wing, and the rims.

civ_sik
12-07-2005, 06:34 PM
basically i would wait till i could drive mate

ICV 73C
12-07-2005, 06:39 PM
thanks for the reminder :) but i cant help it. i prefer to plan now than later. i'm surrounded by vtec. can't stop droolin ova it. so wen i actually get it i have an idea on what too do etc.. dun look/talk down to me bcoz im young & a beginner.

civic_99
12-07-2005, 06:41 PM
y do all the convertions if u can just get a ITR?
converting to b18cr JDM is $7500 not including labour ($2000-$2500), and i think your have to get engineering certificate for the JDM but the AUDM B18C you dont have to. Plus you have to get front brakes upgraded and rear (if u have drum brakes)

hey guyz i just want to have an idea for what too get.
1. a civic cxi/gli with a ITR engine conversion OR
2. a civic vtir with a ITR engine conversion/ ? i think its a JDM b18c ?
whats engine does a integra vti r have? (is it a b18c?)

i'm a beginner and i just need some help on deciding. which one is worth getting to save money ? please give me some ideas and correct my engine mistakes if theres any. i'm bloody hopeless :wave:

civic_99
12-07-2005, 06:42 PM
get ITR

Z
12-07-2005, 06:44 PM
Get the ek1, if you plan on doing the b18c5 conversion down the track. You should probably be aware of the significant financial cost of such an exercise.

If you got the em1/ek4, id say keep the b16a, then work it (turbo perhaps?)

Get your p's first.

ICV 73C
12-07-2005, 06:47 PM
i prefer to spend the money on a civic than just simply getin a ITR + i have a few friends that have a ITR gets kinda boring. (and ITR = roughly 25k cxi+conversion = roughly $20k MAXX) 1.fast civic. 2.cheaper than a ITR. 3.i kinda like civicz thank ITR bcoz copz are usually ITR than a civic. correct me if i'm wrong.

ICV 73C
12-07-2005, 06:50 PM
the new RTA rules for P'z are realli bad. NO TURBO, NO V8, NO MODS including exaust, LOSS of a single demerit point will lead to one passenger only aloud in car.

i'm may just stick with the std vtir.

civ_sik
12-07-2005, 06:54 PM
dude im 18 (not that old) but you need abit of driving exp before you can jump into a car with abit of power thats why i bought an si then planned on turboing it later so maybe you should just get an ek4 and turbo it later down the track. thats why im currently in the middle of selling the si and getting something with power. (An itr so if neones selling an type r :wink:)

ICV 73C
12-07-2005, 06:59 PM
yeah of course. but i'm only planning atm. its not like i'm supr rich and i can afford all this straight. but i would prefer to have a plan so i can save whateva money that is needed to get what i want. + NO turbo for meeh once again its against the new rta rule.

ICV 73C
12-07-2005, 09:00 PM
what will win in a straight? a civic vti r stock and a stock civic vti r coupe ?

tRipitaka
12-07-2005, 09:03 PM
think about it man..
logically..

BSRacer
12-07-2005, 10:17 PM
the gli has discs, the cxi has drums. Also cxi has no electric windows. Why not just buy the vtir and don't fcuk around with a conversion, just work the b16a some. Overall it's: cheaper, easier, you get a better interior and it's legal (doesn't need to be engineered).

Other thing, what you're talking about is pretty big budget. There are other cars that are small have more power and are cheaper than all this conversion gear. A mates missus just bought a 1994 vr6 golf for 12k, its 130kw out of the box, 2.8L v6, it hauls ass.

ICV 73C
12-07-2005, 10:21 PM
yeah. i thought about it. i know people here don't really wanna help as they think i'm a joke bcoz om mah age. fck it i'll learn by reading. thanks

gelo
12-07-2005, 11:40 PM
it really depends on what you want
do u wanan go fast in a straight line (no skill, bigger engine = win)
or you wanna really enjoy what real driving is all about

i do agree with civ_sik about not getting a car with so much power straight away
coz people are so eager and hyped up when they 1st learn to drive
they wanna race, they wanna drag they wanna drift
im sure everyone will agree that = trouble

my advise would be get a nice starting cheap car, get some exp into yourself
then think about conversions

i drive a full stock ek4 (vti-r) and im telling you the car has so much potential stock it will provide you will enough fun for a while

ICV 73C
12-07-2005, 11:48 PM
i'm wanna win in straight but once i'm on mah greenz i'mma think about track racing etc.. yep im gonna start with the vti r, what you reckon a decent price is for a vti r ? i'm sayin abt $12 500. my parents won't aprove of other branded cars such as audi,bmw etc.. asianz for yah either honda or toyota. so Vtec is the way tuu go. 1more thing how much are red recaro's goin for and does that come with the rails ? can sum1 gimme a quote thanks.

what mods can be done to a vti r ? that gain power but is not visable too coppa'z ? i can only think of headers and camz. ne clue ??

CONAN
12-07-2005, 11:50 PM
ek4 with a b18c7 engine would be great if u can afford it, mech wise and time wise.
your car will be sitting there for a while, plus there will involve headaches mishaps along the way
but if ur up for it, why not! would be awesome!! tell me how it goes

tRipitaka
13-07-2005, 09:20 AM
1more thing how much are red recaro's goin for and does that come with the rails ? can sum1 gimme a quote thanks.

what mods can be done to a vti r ? that gain power but is not visable too coppa'z ? i can only think of headers and camz. ne clue ??

firstly, recaros would be around 1500 for a second hand set..
if you get EK9 recaros, u can use the same rails.. but if u have any other, u'll need custom/new rails..

secondly, there's a sticky thread that recommends what should be done to gain power for a civic vtir..

thirdly, please search :)
because all of your questions have been covered before..

Perry
13-07-2005, 11:52 AM
ok mate dont know if this help ya my mate is doing similar to wat u doing full ek9 conversion.

Where u located?
How much u want to spend on the conversion?
PRe face lift(95-97) or face lift model Ek(98-2000)

if u starting with vtir in the pre face-lift model which had vtec already, um sure u will happy with the power at the moment until u want more power lata on. usually people just stick to the b16a and do internals. But there is a limit of power u will get out of a b16a.

OR
if u got $$$$ u can always get a stroker kit stroke from 1.6 to 1.8

ok back to the point
if u like my friend this is wat u need for a full real deal ek9 conversion
Ruff estimation
MOtor b18c jap - $8000-10000 with labour
brakes upgrade itr or ek9 5stude - $1500 with labour, wheels around $400 set
interior parts - cluster - $400, recaro's $1600,floor mat and carpet $ 500, door trim $200, back seats $250, ctr steering wheel $450
exterior parts, front and rear lips $$600 not painted,rear spoiler $400, ctr grill, $300, ctr head lights $600 new

thats about it i can think of

spoondc2
13-07-2005, 12:22 PM
It's not worth to get a cxi or gli and do type-r conversions and right now nearly all ek4 are overpriced so maybe you could just try to get a ITR rather spending money on the others

Z
13-07-2005, 12:55 PM
It's not worth to get a cxi or gli and do type-r conversions and right now nearly all ek4 are overpriced so maybe you could just try to get a ITR rather spending money on the others

Learning to drive in a dc2r. Solid :D

egSi
13-07-2005, 01:08 PM
sound like u have ur mind made up mate.

dont add so many 'zs'

ICV 73C
13-07-2005, 04:06 PM
sorry about the Z's. as i said b4 Y get a civic and mod it up for the same price of a ITR. yeah i kinda do have my mind up. only time will tell what happens next.

spoondc2
13-07-2005, 04:37 PM
sorry about the Z's. as i said b4 Y get a civic and mod it up for the same price of a ITR. yeah i kinda do have my mind up. only time will tell what happens next.

Hmm...... then i think it's better to get a very cheap ek4 and start to build everything up, as you are looking for "better than type-r" performance

But it's really hard to source a ek4 with resonable price