PDA

View Full Version : ITR EXHAUST ON EG D16

raff
08-02-2004, 11:27 PM
hi fella's
i've almost bought an ITR 2.25" catback exhaust......will it fit my eg d16y SOHC vti ok????
aparently i need a new cat...is this true and can i use the ITR cat????

Weq
08-02-2004, 11:29 PM
just get a custom cat-back from a place like liverpool exhausts. they will mandral bend everything and give a choice of what u want in ur system.. it will cost u a heep less :P
for comparisions sake, i was quoted $320 for a catback in 2.5" with mild steel. that includes resonator and muffler/tip.

bengbear
08-02-2004, 11:47 PM
hi fella's
i've almost bought an ITR 2.25" catback exhaust......will it fit my eg d16y SOHC vti ok????

It fits onto yur standard cat, provided you chop about 10 cms off on the length right after the cat. Apart from that, the bends are the same.

THis is a much cheaper alternative than getting custom made. Its 2.25" and stainless steel. PM SP0017...he has a catback for sale for 150.

Weq
09-02-2004, 12:17 AM
$150, fair enough!

A'PEXi
09-02-2004, 06:26 PM
yeh it "should" fit.... gives you better flow from the stock system... shouldn't be too expensive as well :D

raff
09-02-2004, 06:40 PM
should i out the ITR CAT ON MINE???? will it fit straight on????
how much about do u recken it will cost to get sum1 2 install the new piping with the cat?????

ckkl
09-02-2004, 11:05 PM
hi fella's

Once you fix the problem attaching the B-pipe to the cat (chopping is better btw) then you'll notice the problem of something very long sticking from the behind of your hatch. :D

raff
10-02-2004, 12:37 AM
so ur sayin it will b too long???? can i Chop the pipe? make it fit right??
and did you say that it is better to chop my old CAT then to use the ITR CAT??

ckkl
10-02-2004, 01:15 AM
so ur sayin it will b too long???? can i Chop the pipe? make it fit right??
and did you say that it is better to chop my old CAT then to use the ITR CAT??

Yes it will be too long. You can cut off the tip but it won't look as nice.

The problem with the ITR b-pipe is it has a bottleneck right at the flange. Cut that off.

But if your cat is really small then that would be more of a bottleneck then eh? In the end, not real performance difference. Do whatever's easier to get the exhaust to fit.

I'll look for a pic of the cut-off exhaust tip... I think there's one somewhere online hehe

ckkl
10-02-2004, 01:26 AM
Sorry, can't find the pic...

Here is an outline of what problems you could be facing:

(1) ITR b-pipe not long enough to reach stock cat (this was what happened in my case, but my car was JDM so different cat). Solution: fabricate an extension and chop off the ugly bottleneck while you're there. Hopefully your exhaust guy is decent.

(2) Muffler piping is too long (need to shorten, reweld)

(3) Muffler hangers may not line up

(4) Tip is too long

(5) Muffler will collide with rear swaybar

Good luck!