PDA

View Full Version : [EURO] Mugen Bodykit...W00t!

stephen8512
14-07-2005, 11:46 AM
Hey guys
just wanted to let u guys know that i put a deposit down for my mugen bodykit today. im getting it from carquest over in Perth and having it shipped.
Talked to Raymond who is the owner. seems like a fairly decent and nice guy.
I should have the kit over here in about 1 months time as he is working on 4 other mugen bodykits first since he had a flood of orders for them. i'll be gettin his 5th make....

First major mod is comin guys! and im excited as hell.....i should have the car primered/painted/fitted in about 2 months time or so....so around september, early october sometime hopefully. (when i get mine done, mike (Pum[Z]) would have been goin thru the same thing this time last year for his kit :thumbsup: ) hahahaha

Anyways, will keep u guys updated.

baboo
14-07-2005, 11:53 AM
Great news!!

your Euro should be looking schmick by then

Any plan to drop the car and wack on a set of 18s or 19s?

VirIIx
14-07-2005, 12:18 PM
excellent to hear dude! you have to meet up so you can show it off to me :)

i've been thinking more about kits, i've been considering just an oem - because it'll make life simpler.

stephen8512
14-07-2005, 12:33 PM
Great news!!

your Euro should be looking schmick by then

Any plan to drop the car and wack on a set of 18s or 19s?

ohh baboo mate u know me
hahahah
next after kit

TEIN type flex coils with EDFC
then some 19" deep dish chrome lowenhart LS1's

car should look like this with the kit

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/stephen8512/AccordEuro-138.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/stephen8512/AccordEuro-136.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/stephen8512/AccordEuro-135.jpg

with these rims

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/stephen8512/LowenhartLS1Chrome.jpg

baboo
14-07-2005, 01:49 PM
BLING BLING~~

Pum[Z]'s twin brother

TwEigh
14-07-2005, 02:00 PM
Talked to Raymond who is the owner. seems like a fairly decent and nice guy.

lol

|N|
14-07-2005, 02:06 PM
stev i cant wait man

kam
14-07-2005, 02:57 PM
how much is the kit gonna cost you? looks awesome man :D

stephen8512
14-07-2005, 09:33 PM
lol

wats with the LOL?

stephen8512
14-07-2005, 09:34 PM
stev i cant wait man

hahahaha nick man once i get it, i'll cruise around with ya man. u and nicole........fark! i wanna get a cruise happening

euro77
15-07-2005, 10:23 PM
is it genuine mugen or replica?

Pum[Z]
16-07-2005, 03:11 AM
Wicked Stephen...

Raymond is genuinely a nice guy.. A big bear... Well its good that his mugen replica kits are selling like hot cakes...

Wicked gonna have a twin brother for my car now hehehehe...

TwEigh
16-07-2005, 03:42 AM
']

I think you already have twin brotherS ehehhe

Pum[Z]
16-07-2005, 03:44 AM
Tweigh.. U gonna get ur ass down to the Perth Euro Cruise on the 31st of July??

TwEigh
16-07-2005, 03:49 AM
wah 31st.. i dont think i can make it.
sorry

tuffAC
16-07-2005, 11:14 AM
im really starting to like the mugen kit!!! Looks very classy and has really tight sleek lines. pat on the back to those who have it and about to get it.

im actually waiting on my luckystar kit. I have never seen it on before. To my surprise its quite big and "cartoony" when i saw it at the factory. Anyone with feedback from seeing one of these fitted to a euro? i have about 10 days to change my mind!!!! :o

stephen8512
16-07-2005, 02:31 PM
']Wicked Stephen...

Raymond is genuinely a nice guy.. A big bear... Well its good that his mugen replica kits are selling like hot cakes...

hahaha mike for sure man. u n me leadin the way in blinged up euros :wave:

stephen8512
16-07-2005, 02:32 PM
is it genuine mugen or replica?

genuine mugen woulda cost me just under 5K with fitting and everything....shipping from japan. couldnt justify the cost of purchasing something cosmetic for that much money

EuroAccord13
17-07-2005, 02:07 AM
When you have the kit fitted, be sure to post some pics up for us in the Appearance Gallery... :D

Pum[Z]
18-07-2005, 01:48 AM
hahaha mike for sure man. u n me leadin the way in blinged up euros :wave:

Yeah... But to break the news i may be up for selling my car soon... My missus is pregnant and she is gonna sell her car and she can't drive a manual car.. Plus my car is inpractical to drive with a baby...

So thinking to sell the car and buy the bigger Honda Accord V6 Luxury automatic...

PERTH_EURO
18-07-2005, 09:44 AM
congrats mike...
**** ponders what do i want from mikes car ?****

bigdongers
18-07-2005, 10:46 AM
']Yeah... But to break the news i may be up for selling my car soon... My missus is pregnant and she is gonna sell her car and she can't drive a manual car.. Plus my car is inpractical to drive with a baby...

So thinking to sell the car and buy the bigger Honda Accord V6 Luxury automatic...

congrats!

If your Euro was an auto, I would buy it in a heartbeat. But then again you probably wouldnt need to sell it if it were auto.

stephen8512
18-07-2005, 10:33 PM
hey congrats mike!
**I CALL THE ROCKER COVERS!**

J-MuN
18-07-2005, 10:37 PM
nice one :)

congrates on the puurchase. cant wait to see the result ;) :thumbsup:

panda[cRx]
18-07-2005, 10:59 PM
sounds good but you can go deeper than those 'deep dish' lowenharts ;)

jl88rl
18-07-2005, 11:31 PM
So thinking to sell the car and buy the bigger Honda Accord V6 Luxury automatic...[/QUOTE]

Hey pumz, go Odessey man!

stephen8512
18-07-2005, 11:49 PM
']sounds good but you can go deeper than those 'deep dish' lowenharts ;)

hahah panda i know i can but lowenharts look nice and i dont wanna go TOO deep....
its also gotta be practical as its my daily driver

[stealth]
19-07-2005, 12:35 AM
got the kit yet??

stephen8512
19-07-2005, 12:56 AM
']got the kit yet??

no...give me about.....3 more weeks for it to be delivered.....then another 1-2 weeks or so to have it primered, painted and fitted
so in about 1 months time or so it should be ready

Pum[Z]
19-07-2005, 01:18 AM
Hey pumz, go Odessey man!

Seen the Odessey and Accord V6... Accord V6 nice car and smooth but no HID's and looks too similar inside to Accord Euro...

Odessey looks real nice.. Again no HID's and 118kw i think is not enuf for me :0P

Would like to stick with a Honda... But the AWD Nissan Murano is coming out next month...

4wd with detuned 350z engine.. pushing out 172kw with a 6 speed CVT.. comes with HID and 18ich alloys standard... That car is attracting me big time :D

http://www.nissan.com.au/murano/images/g05m.jpg

typicalmale
19-07-2005, 01:21 AM
well be sure to post up some images when u got it on :)

bigdongers
19-07-2005, 03:12 AM
']Seen the Odessey and Accord V6... Accord V6 nice car and smooth but no HID's and looks too similar inside to Accord Euro...

Odessey looks real nice.. Again no HID's and 118kw i think is not enuf for me :0P

Would like to stick with a Honda... But the AWD Nissan Murano is coming out next month...

4wd with detuned 350z engine.. pushing out 172kw with a 6 speed CVT.. comes with HID and 18ich alloys standard... That car is attracting me big time :D

http://www.nissan.com.au/murano/images/g05m.jpg

I would go the MDX instead of the Murano. Although I hear the Murano is only gonna be from about $52,000 which is decent value. Then again, it is a Nissan and just doesnt compare against the big H :)

albii
19-07-2005, 04:36 PM
i think if you are spending $52000 if it was me i would really consider the liberty 3.0R

toE
19-07-2005, 06:29 PM
This is getting out of topic now boys.
Keep to the topic please.

seihoa
19-07-2005, 06:57 PM
dam its gona look nice man = ]

adammet04
19-07-2005, 11:25 PM
im really starting to like the mugen kit!!! Looks very classy and has really tight sleek lines. pat on the back to those who have it and about to get it.

im actually waiting on my luckystar kit. I have never seen it on before. To my surprise its quite big and "cartoony" when i saw it at the factory. Anyone with feedback from seeing one of these fitted to a euro? i have about 10 days to change my mind!!!! :o

LOL..it will look good with the rims you have imho...the only thing holding me back from a bodykit that isnt oem or mugen is the fibreglass and me doing country k's....to freaked it will shatter if a rock hits it...

the mugen kit is also very choice though....i tihnk there are pics of luckystar kits in the forum somewhere...

stephen8512
17-08-2005, 07:26 PM
got word from carquest. my bodykit will be shipped out next week W0000TTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

TwEigh
17-08-2005, 07:45 PM
how much did you pay? with and without shiping?

Chris_F
17-08-2005, 09:34 PM
awesome stephen...you gotta take pictures straight away - your cars gonna look mad :D

stephen8512
17-08-2005, 09:56 PM
paid 1550 incl. shipping (front bar, rear bar, spoiler, sideskirts)
200 for freight
1350 for parts w/o shipping. raymond from carquest said freight should be 200 bucks and if its more, he'll cover me for the difference
it was originally 1400 with shipping but at the last minute decided to get spoiler as well :D

Reagan
17-08-2005, 10:05 PM
reckon you'll get it done before the cruise?

stephen8512
17-08-2005, 10:35 PM
hahaha
seriously doubt it reagan....
prob take at least 1 week for it to arrive......prob get here after the cruise unfortunately
but dont worry......ima be takin many happy snaps at diff locations so i'll keep u posted ;)

nexace
18-08-2005, 09:38 AM
Congrats on the purchase...

Kit looks nice, and it's giving me some bad ideas! :D

PERTH_EURO
18-08-2005, 09:43 AM
:D :D :D Sweeeeeeet :D :D :D
:honda: :honda: +Mugen = :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

stephen8512
18-08-2005, 12:00 PM
Im gonna get it fitted then see how low it is before i buy some coilovers....
dont wanna be scrapin....but i also want it dumped for everyday use....
hrmmmm.......decisions decisions.....

TwEigh
18-08-2005, 01:28 PM
I wonder if some shop out there sell copied of mugen front lip for euro

X8TEENX
18-08-2005, 02:36 PM
i hav an same mugenkits from carquest as well...he is quiet a nice man...i bought the kit for 1100 without the spoiler...and i fit it ...very nice kit....however you hav to find a right man to paint and fit it..cause not really fit to euro...

TwEigh
18-08-2005, 06:13 PM
yeh carquest get their stuff from HK or malaysia,
kinda dodgy somtimes.
but if u find good workshop to fix the imperfect fibreglass. then its all good

stephen8512
18-08-2005, 09:41 PM
i hav an same mugenkits from carquest as well...he is quiet a nice man...i bought the kit for 1100 without the spoiler...and i fit it ...very nice kit....however you hav to find a right man to paint and fit it..cause not really fit to euro...

doesnt fit properly?

Pum[Z]
18-08-2005, 11:17 PM
yeh carquest get their stuff from HK or malaysia,
kinda dodgy somtimes.
but if u find good workshop to fix the imperfect fibreglass. then its all good

Thats true.. Carquest gets it their mugen replica kits from HK. The panel and paint shop has to have a real good track record with fibre glass because there is a lot of work involved with sanding and perfecting the fibre glass ready to paint it...

But my panel and paint shop said its not that bad the mugen kits from Carquests... The front mugen bumper needs a lot of work but the side skirts and back were a perfect fit... They have seen and done work to a lot more much worse fibre glass kits...

Wicked Stephen, show us the pics when u get em...

stephen8512
18-08-2005, 11:39 PM
hmm....
now im pretty scared
cuz i know a guy willing to do front, side, rear fittin/primer/painting it for $650.....
i dont like how the front bar needs to be "sanded down" and worked......

because my friend got his front bar done for his R32......he got his GTR front bar fitted
what the guy did was, he put the front bar on, checked to see if it fit, took it off, put the old front bar back on, he (panelguy) kept the front bar with him and took my mates petrol lid so he can match the paint.....
called back a week later, front bar fitted and looks nice......but yeah fitment is sorta weird on one of the sides....sorta pokes out but very very not noticeable

the benefit in this was that he was able to use his car while his front bar was getting painted.....and when it was done, he just went there and got it fitted

not sure if the panel guy "sanded" or "worked" his front bar....

mike, how is the fibreglass initially on the front bar? what do u mean it needs a lot of work? a lot of work in terms of what? sanding down? fitment? can u be specific? sorry to ask the questions.....sorta gettin paranoid now.....

kam
18-08-2005, 11:56 PM
pumz, you say the new car is for your family? wouldnt a 4WD be a bit of a hassle for the (pregant) wife and small kids to get in and out of? obviously your price range is in the $60's... maybe a european station wagon? audi's are nice :D

TwEigh
19-08-2005, 12:54 AM
Dude, when it comes to fitting and painting your kit dont come to cheap dodgy workshop. you will regret it later on.

They might use cheap paint, or doesnt put enough clear on the paint.
Your kit and your car body will end up having different colour.
I know that the guy who painted my kit used MIPA paint, they are German paint.
and you have to ask them to fix the imperfection of the fibreglass.

those dont come cheaply,

hmm....
now im pretty scared
cuz i know a guy willing to do front, side, rear fittin/primer/painting it for $650.....
i dont like how the front bar needs to be "sanded down" and worked......

because my friend got his front bar done for his R32......he got his GTR front bar fitted
what the guy did was, he put the front bar on, checked to see if it fit, took it off, put the old front bar back on, he (panelguy) kept the front bar with him and took my mates petrol lid so he can match the paint.....
called back a week later, front bar fitted and looks nice......but yeah fitment is sorta weird on one of the sides....sorta pokes out but very very not noticeable

the benefit in this was that he was able to use his car while his front bar was getting painted.....and when it was done, he just went there and got it fitted

not sure if the panel guy "sanded" or "worked" his front bar....

mike, how is the fibreglass initially on the front bar? what do u mean it needs a lot of work? a lot of work in terms of what? sanding down? fitment? can u be specific? sorry to ask the questions.....sorta gettin paranoid now.....

VirIIx
19-08-2005, 11:20 AM
yeah, i'd say it's worth spending money on a good job. No use spending some cash and then having to fork out more to get it fixed up again.

German paint i've found is the best to use personally. Had that touched up on my front bumper when i first got the car, slipped and scratch :S

Pum[Z]
19-08-2005, 01:40 PM
Stephen.. $650 for fitting and painting is way to cheap... As Tweigh and VirIIx have said before its betta to pay a bit more and expect top quality work. I paid about $1100 to paint and fit my kit so thats around the mark u should be looking at to get urs painted and fitted. If its like $650 ish i'm thinking u r going to have a lot of problems with it looking dodgy and not blend in well with the rest of ur euro fine lines....

These replica Fibre Glass kits don't come out nice from the factory.. I got to admit they look crap when i first saw it... But if you have a trusted and good panel paint fitter then these fibre glass kits should be no problems. Front bar needs to be sanded plus the trianglur hole in the front bar on the sides well it wasn't trianglur when i first got it. It was like a demented triangle.. They need to cut it and straighten to make it a triangle... The rest of the kit is fine just the front needs a lot of work and attention...

Also if a painter needs to take out a petrol lid so he can match the paint colour thats a bit dodgy. Nowdays Panel beaters have computers to mix the paint so it comes very close to factory paint.. I'm sure u have quality autosalon panel & paint shops in the Eastern States. Why don't u get them to do ur car Stephen?? The place where u r going to do ur car looks dodgy... no offence... Its betta to pay more and be proud of the end product then pay cheap...

Pum[Z]
19-08-2005, 01:45 PM
pumz, you say the new car is for your family? wouldnt a 4WD be a bit of a hassle for the (pregant) wife and small kids to get in and out of? obviously your price range is in the $60's... maybe a european station wagon? audi's are nice :D

Test drove the Nissan Murano 2 days ago with my wife. My wife loves the car, I like it as well.. It handles well & the cvt transmission is very smooth. Didn't try the 6 speed sequential mode on the automatic but i'm sure its good. Its spacy and well i really like it. The only rant i can say about the car is that it only has driver electric seats. The Front passenger still has manual seats which is a bit wierd... Plus waiting list is 3 to 6 months wait...

Plus my Wife is still keeping her Bmer so i don't want to have 2 european cars...

stephen8512
19-08-2005, 03:45 PM
']Stephen.. $650 for fitting and painting is way to cheap... As Tweigh and VirIIx have said before its betta to pay a bit more and expect top quality work. I paid about $1100 to paint and fit my kit so thats around the mark u should be looking at to get urs painted and fitted. If its like $650 ish i'm thinking u r going to have a lot of problems with it looking dodgy and not blend in well with the rest of ur euro fine lines....

These replica Fibre Glass kits don't come out nice from the factory.. I got to admit they look crap when i first saw it... But if you have a trusted and good panel paint fitter then these fibre glass kits should be no problems. Front bar needs to be sanded plus the trianglur hole in the front bar on the sides well it wasn't trianglur when i first got it. It was like a demented triangle.. They need to cut it and straighten to make it a triangle... The rest of the kit is fine just the front needs a lot of work and attention...

Also if a painter needs to take out a petrol lid so he can match the paint colour thats a bit dodgy. Nowdays Panel beaters have computers to mix the paint so it comes very close to factory paint.. I'm sure u have quality autosalon panel & paint shops in the Eastern States. Why don't u get them to do ur car Stephen?? The place where u r going to do ur car looks dodgy... no offence... Its betta to pay more and be proud of the end product then pay cheap...

yeah i see where you're comin from mike....i dunno....he seems like he knows what he's doing because i saw him workin on my mates R32 and the end result was a very nice and flush finish
but yeah, he's had experiences with other skylines so i dunno.....dont think he's had much exp with euros....so not sure
yeah i may go to better panelbeaters....i was given the quote of around 1400 but they all say they need to have a look at it and i dont want to be driving around from panelbeater to panelbeater with the stuff in my car....
argh
heheheh i'll figure something out

stephen8512
19-08-2005, 03:49 PM
']Test drove the Nissan Murano 2 days ago with my wife. My wife loves the car, I like it as well.. It handles well & the cvt transmission is very smooth. Didn't try the 6 speed sequential mode on the automatic but i'm sure its good. Its spacy and well i really like it. The only rant i can say about the car is that it only has driver electric seats. The Front passenger still has manual seats which is a bit wierd... Plus waiting list is 3 to 6 months wait...

Plus my Wife is still keeping her Bmer so i don't want to have 2 european cars...

u thinkin about gettin the murano mike? why not the oddysey!!! black pimpin!!!!
hahaha...but i guess murano can be pimp like with the right touches ;)

TwEigh
19-08-2005, 06:58 PM
Mike, you are married ? Im waiting you to sell ur car :p

X8TEENX
19-08-2005, 08:31 PM
doesnt fit properly?

can fit for the car but not 100% fit....seen the worker jobs

me_kevinly
04-09-2005, 09:35 AM
stephen you got your kit yet? no new about it...

kam
04-09-2005, 11:46 AM
lol i just noticed this. Reagan's post:

"reckon you'll get it done before the cruise?
Last edited by Reagan : 1-1-1986 at 05:59 AM "

must have a time machine...

stephen8512
04-09-2005, 12:46 PM
hey guys
i was supposed to receive the bodykit on friday (2/9/05) but the thing never came
so hoping this monday is when i'll receive it.
i'll take some pics asap as soon as i get it ;)

X8TEENX
05-09-2005, 12:39 AM
dun worry about the kits...that guys send few set of it already...trust the seller in perth..hehe

stephen8512
05-09-2005, 04:33 PM
hey guys
got my bodykit today! excited as hell!
i will post up pics of them ASAP. :thumbsup:

me_kevinly
05-09-2005, 06:01 PM
Congrat!!!! where are you planning to get it painted??

Zdster
05-09-2005, 06:16 PM
Nice one. It is a great looking kit for the euro. Looking forward to pics.

stephen8512
05-09-2005, 08:31 PM
alritey boys and girls after a month in waiting, here we go. PICCIES!! :D

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/stephen8512/kit1.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/stephen8512/kit2.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/stephen8512/kit3.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/stephen8512/kit4.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/stephen8512/kit5.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/stephen8512/kit6.jpg

I'm gonna give a few panelbeaters a call tomorrow and get quotes and whatnot (i already sorta know who im going to but just gonna see who else can do it and what their quality is like). Did a dummy test fit with sideskirts by just placing them over my car......got me excited as hell.......well ENJOY!!! hopefully it should be on by the next month.

P.S Carquest was professional in their packing job and make quality so i can vouch for them. 2 thumbs up :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Matell
05-09-2005, 08:41 PM
Can you grab a close up of the exterior, and interior surface so we can see the pre painted finish?

stephen8512
05-09-2005, 09:28 PM
my camera ran outta batteries matt :( but i'll get some as soon as batteries are recharged
its just ur regular fibreglass interior surface and its a mat black finish

PERTH_EURO
05-09-2005, 09:32 PM
Sweet Stephen. Cant wait to see how it all looks.

PUM[Z] of the east coast :thumbsup:

|N|
05-09-2005, 09:42 PM
woot woot steve.... cant wait... put them on and show us some pics

stephen8512
05-09-2005, 09:47 PM
hahahah timbo Pum[Z] of the east coast......i like that :D

nick, for sure man...still gotta meet up with u on a cruise la, u and Q_ball....i wanna see his turbo setup
i'll try and get this all fitted and painted before the midsem breaks ;)

Matell
05-09-2005, 09:49 PM
my camera ran outta batteries matt :( but i'll get some as soon as batteries are recharged
its just ur regular fibreglass interior surface and its a mat black finish

Thats cool then :thumbsup: No need to bother 'bout it.:D Those paint shop boys better do a good surface prep for you, 'cos your car should look very sharp afterwards.....remember....steer clear of kerbs!:(

me_kevinly
05-09-2005, 10:05 PM
are you going to keep the washer like pimz?

stephen8512
05-09-2005, 10:27 PM
yeah im gonna......for 1, legal purposes and 2, might as well use the washers as theyre there :D

Pum[Z]
09-09-2005, 01:12 AM
Wicked.. U got ur kit now stephen...

The quality of the front bumper looks so much better then when i got mine a year ago... It should be easy peasy for the panel beaters to paint and fit it to ur car...

Sulley
09-09-2005, 09:18 AM
im getting my mugen front bar soon!
it would be great if you could provide a rough idea on how much it's gonna cost you to prep, paint and fit.

anyway i noticed that the grille is missing? you gotta mesh it yourself or there are no pics?

and on another note, i'm thinking of meshing up the lower part of the mugen front bumper , something like what martell did to his stock bumper. you guys reckon it'll look good? or too much mesh?

Chris_F
09-09-2005, 10:43 AM
:D stephen - it's gona look awesome, good to see your lookin for a good panel beater too (itll make all the difference).

when are you getting your deep dish chromies to go with it?

Reagan
09-09-2005, 12:16 PM
lol i just noticed this. Reagan's post:

"reckon you'll get it done before the cruise?
Last edited by Reagan : 1-1-1986 at 05:59 AM "

must have a time machine...

I'm old school boy =)

oh btw nice house and kit 2 =)

baboo
09-09-2005, 03:26 PM
Just by looking at the kits sitting on the floor, they are HOT already!

Matell
09-09-2005, 08:15 PM
Just by looking at the kits sitting on the floor, they are HOT already!

uh-huh.... but all that fibreglass is too heavy for you baboo :D

stephen8512
09-09-2005, 08:54 PM
:D stephen - it's gona look awesome, good to see your lookin for a good panel beater too (itll make all the difference).

when are you getting your deep dish chromies to go with it?

hahah mate im sorta broke atm...but hopefully it should be about next year jan/feb for them deep dishies with the flex coilovers. ;)

stephen8512
09-09-2005, 08:58 PM
hey guys
latest update on my car
left the bodyparts at a panel shop. gonna leave my car there on friday.
i was looking at the cars they were doing and man, some very schmick rides....
ford mustang, my05 wrx with a HOT KIT (dont know what its called), 1967 holden ute restored to perfection....
so these guys seem more than capable in working with my car and they said they have experience in fibreglass.....A LOT of experience. the kit will have to be sanded completely down and primered and painted and the guy is a real nice guy....
got a quote for 1000 bucks all up.
im also getting the iVTEC rocker and the spark plug cover painted blue
this should all be done by about end of september....

FINGERS CROSSED!! :D

stephen8512
14-09-2005, 10:55 PM
alright guys another update
am going to leave my car on friday at the panelbeaters
rang em up today. said that there were a few cracks and watnot that they had to fibreglass up and fix and its been completely sanded down and worked and now paint has
already been put on it. just waiting for my car now. drop it off friday, should receive it back the following tuesday or wednesday. :D:D:D

nexace
14-09-2005, 11:47 PM
Hope it goes well Stephen! Can't wait to see some pics :)

stephen8512
14-09-2005, 11:52 PM
thanks nexace.....im sooooo excited!!!! argh! just whack the kit on already!!!!!!! :D

stephen8512
16-09-2005, 09:39 AM
hey guys
dropped off my car today in the morning and am now temporarily driving a toyota echo as a courtesy car. i saw the fibreglass work. they told me that they had to refibreglass a few bits and pieces as initially it aws very thin and they had to strengthen it up a bit as well as fix any cracks that may have been there. i am so glad i went to these guys and paid the extra to have all the fibreglass fixed up and watnot. :D

If any of you based in the sydney/hills area i highly recommend dural prestige smash repairs to fit your bodykit and for repairs. i am very impressed with these guys. VERY professional, to the point, no mucking about, decent pricing, and excellent delivery time. will prob get the car back next tuesday. w000000000t!!!!

Fr3aKi3
16-09-2005, 09:45 AM
sweet mate....

keep us updated with the progress

and when u pick up the car.... WE WANT PICS!!!!
:D

Chris_F
16-09-2005, 10:09 AM
that panel beater sounds like they know what they're doing.

everyones looking foward to the pics i'm sure , i know i am :D

now when do your deep dishes come?

stephen8512
20-09-2005, 11:00 AM
update
just got a call from my panelbeater. said that theyre prob gonna get the parts into paint on thursday and i'll have the car by friday. what Pum[Z] (mike) and X8TEENX said were right. the front bar needs to be worked a lot and u need a very good panelbeater experienced with fibreglass. apparently there has been a few dramas moving my HID washers from old bar to new bar and also, the original fibreglass was very very thin (front bar) so they had to add and add and add fibreglass to it.

but they said they got the sideskirts on and the rear bar on no problem. so fingers crossed again! argh! the wait is killing me!

PNR888
20-09-2005, 01:30 PM
Stephen. that sounds cool... bring your camera there on Friday, so u can take snap shots of freashly baked paint on your mugen kits..

stephen8512
23-09-2005, 12:24 PM
hey fellas!
well after 2 months of waiting, anticipating and agony, i finally got my euro back complete with mugen bodykit. Front aero bumper, rear, sideskirts and the mugen spoiler.
i'm a happy chappy at this point. went to the panelbeaters @ 10am and there she was.....covered in dirt and dust (prob cus of the sanding of the fibreglass). seriously, i recommend anyone in sydney hills area who is looking to get their bodykit fitted, go to dural prestige! they do top quality work and are great pple.

ok now for price. came to $1040. $900 for initial bodywork primer painting and fitting and 140 for courtesy car for 1 week. pretty decent if u ask me. all up this kit end up costing me about 2500 with parts from perth, freight, paint, fit, etc etc. Very happy with end result.
Also, i got the iVTEC Rocker cover painted in blue as well as the spark plug cover. Also installed PIVOT RAIZIN grounding unit and expecting my carbon fibre trim to arrive in the mail any day now (thanks yoram! :thumbsup: ).

I do have one dilemma though....NEED TO LOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg it looks like a euro on steroids.....4wd style to the max!!!!!!!!!
I forgot to take my camera this morning as i was too excited but i will def. post pics later on this afternoon/night. and mods, i'm gonna start a new thread in the appearance/gallery section as well. just lettin u guys know :D

adammet04
23-09-2005, 01:04 PM
sweet...im excited about this and i dont even own the car !!

lol

good to hear it was a good job

def need picccccccs !!

the pricing sounds pretty damn good too...thanks for posting...certainly gives me an idea of what to budget..

cheers

ads

TwEigh
23-09-2005, 01:22 PM
congrats dude, show us some pics of quality finish of the bodykit

PERTH_EURO
23-09-2005, 05:02 PM
Wikked cant wait to see pics

stephen8512
23-09-2005, 05:14 PM
ALRITE HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*56K will get slaughtered*

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/stephen8512/mugenkit-01.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/stephen8512/mugenkit-02.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/stephen8512/mugenkit-03.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/stephen8512/mugenkit-04.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/stephen8512/mugenkit-05.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/stephen8512/mugenkit-06.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/stephen8512/mugenkit-07.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/stephen8512/mugenkit-08.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/stephen8512/mugenkit-09.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/stephen8512/mugenkit-10.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/stephen8512/mugenkit-11.jpg

stephen8512
23-09-2005, 05:15 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/stephen8512/mugenkit-12.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/stephen8512/mugenkit-13.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/stephen8512/mugenkit-14.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/stephen8512/mugenkit-15.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/stephen8512/mugenkit-16.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/stephen8512/mugenkit-17.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/stephen8512/mugenkit-18.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/stephen8512/mugenkit-19.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/stephen8512/mugenkit-20.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/stephen8512/mugenkit-22.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/stephen8512/mugenkit-24.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/stephen8512/mugenkit-25.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/stephen8512/mugenkit-27.jpg

EuroAccord13
23-09-2005, 05:26 PM
Noice!!!!!

Now like everyone keeps telling me... :P :P Lower the CAR! :D

PERTH_EURO
23-09-2005, 06:36 PM
senfukinsational.

Love the injen filter pokin through there.
Looks like they have done a great job

did anyone mention 4wd :p

JINRAI
23-09-2005, 06:49 PM
very nice intake dude! nice job! looks great

Justin L
23-09-2005, 06:59 PM
Wow!!! That is one good looking beast! Well done!!

Euro05
23-09-2005, 09:52 PM
Seriously farkin hot. Congrats, makes me depressed looking at my stock euro though

TwEigh
23-09-2005, 10:02 PM
hawt bodywork looks excelent., just need some 19" rims and some lowering..
geez now i really cant wait for my mugen front Lip as well as side and rear kit to arrive.

stephen8512
23-09-2005, 11:40 PM
tweigh i thought u had euro R kit? u chanfgin?

yfin
24-09-2005, 12:34 AM
Nice work! :D The OEM kit is around that price - so that isn't bad at all for something more rare.

Chris_F
24-09-2005, 01:56 AM
i posted in your other thread... but ill say it again - looking good :D

forget to mention (in the other thread) that the paint work seems to be matched really really well :thumbsup:

TwEigh
24-09-2005, 02:19 AM
tweigh i thought u had euro R kit? u chanfgin?

Yea, Going to remove my current EURO-R within 10 days and sell the kit :)

aka_NSX
24-09-2005, 08:41 AM
ok now for price. came to $1040. $900 for initial bodywork primer painting and fitting and 140 for courtesy car for 1 week. pretty decent if u ask me. all up this kit end up costing me about 2500 with parts from perth, freight, paint, fit, etc etc.

NICE Euro ! ! ! :thumbsup:

so the Mugen bodykit only cost you $1460 thats cheap . . .
is that already include the freight too from Perth to Sydney right ?

cheers

me_kevinly
24-09-2005, 10:12 AM
NICE Euro ! ! ! :thumbsup:

so the Mugen bodykit only cost you $1460 thats cheap . . .
is that already include the freight too from Perth to Sydney right ?

cheers

i think he paid 1250 for the bodykit+shipping and 1460 for the painting and fitting

stephen8512
24-09-2005, 11:01 AM
i think he paid 1250 for the bodykit+shipping and 1460 for the painting and fitting

lol nah guys
i paid 1550 for bodykit which included freight. front bar, rear, spoiler, and skirts
and 900 for labour, primer, painting and fitting, and 140 for courtesy car for 1 week