PDA

View Full Version : Horn problem on my EK4

roar
14-07-2005, 04:17 PM
the problem is....when i press the horn....nothing happens...

not too sure if its a problem with the horn itself or just the wiring (more possible) since i just bought it (and didn't even check in the test drive *kicks self*)

also theres an aftermarket alarm on it and it works but the volume is practically inaudible unless you put your ear to the alarm itself

so two problems:
-where can i get wiring info for civic horns (from horn to button on wheel)
-ne ideas on how to adjust volumes for alarms

help is much appreciated

aozora
16-07-2005, 07:14 PM
If there's an aftermarket steering wheel... more then likely the horn hasn't been wired up properly. Not anything difficult, pull it apart yourself and have a look... if it isn't aftermarket, yer probably wiring again, if there are air bags I wouldn't touch it though unless you know what you're doing.

The alarm, I'd probably say your siren is rooted. Try replacing it/checking wiring then seeing how that goes? Cause I've never heard of an alarm with volume adjustment :p

|N|
16-07-2005, 07:20 PM
have u tried checkin the fuse?

bennjamin
16-07-2005, 09:09 PM
maybe , the actual connection to the horn ( located in the bumper i think on Eks....on EG's its right at the front , next to the ps cooler) might be loose or disconnected from a previous accident or bump in the front ?!?

bumography
17-07-2005, 02:36 AM
maybe , the actual connection to the horn ( located in the bumper i think on Eks....on EG's its right at the front , next to the ps cooler) might be loose or disconnected from a previous accident or bump in the front ?!?

yep, sometimes they get very loose and it takes the slightest nudge for them to fall out.
I dont know about your car but my crx has 2 stock horns, one on each side.
Also check ur brake lights too see if they're working, because the fuse for the horn is also connected to the brake lights on my car.
:P
if not take teh horn button off the steering wheel and see if the wire is connected, u can test it too by touching that piece of wire on the bolt of the boss kit. (as it just needs to be grounded)

roar
22-07-2005, 07:07 PM
can you guys recommend some good auto electricians for this...good as in cheap and effective...i mean doesn't need to be the work of jesus...its a horn ffs

bennjamin
22-07-2005, 07:15 PM
dont go to a auto electrician.

Call up Hannys performance , at Smithfield in Sydney. They will fix the problem pretty much whatever it is - and help with anything else.

Call 9725 5115. Ask for Robert or Peter - tell them Ben sent ya !

danish
26-07-2005, 08:40 PM
Is it an aftermarket wheel??

If so dont waste money on an auto electrician till you've at least pulled the horn button off and check the wiring.

I had the exact opposite problem to you 2 weeks ago where a connection cam loose in my wheel and the horn constantly sounded while i was driving!!