PDA

View Full Version : Civic Models?

LUD02C
09-02-2004, 02:45 PM
Heya!

Civic's aren't my strong point...
What models are there and what order do they go in?
As in (using Prelude's as examples)
Gen 3 = 1988 to 1991

Thanks
Jason

[[d a n n y]]
09-02-2004, 02:47 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4

have fun..

LUD02C
09-02-2004, 02:57 PM
Well that was an interesting read...
I wonder how much i remembered :?

[[d a n n y]]
09-02-2004, 03:00 PM
as far as i know

they go way way way back

from the boxy lil things

to the todays EP's

Setanta
09-02-2004, 04:30 PM
First gens were not boxy - they were bubbly ;) The 2nd gen was boxy.

1G = '73-'79. Designation SBC for the all alloy motor 1200s, don't knowwhat it was for the iron block 1500s or CVCC versions they got in the 'states. 1200s had the better motor.

2G '80-'83. Designation unknown, boxy but with more refined suspension and interior.

3G '84-'87 longer with similar refinements to the 2G. Designation unknown

4G '88-'91 Designation(s) EF/ED/EE First of the real refined civics ;)

5G ''92-? EG - stuffed if I know, everyone knows the EFs and SBCs are the real Civics :p

6G EK and EM (coupe)

7G EP

You can tell how interested I am in late model Civics - not ;)

bennjamin
09-02-2004, 05:08 PM
I want a SBC running a ZC with mikuni dual carbs and a bisimoto hangin off it...find me one Setanta plz...

Spunkymonkey
09-02-2004, 05:16 PM
3rd gen civics designations

AG or AL - hatchback
AH - GT Hatch
AK - sedan
AT - si model

third gen one of the funniest models in that...years and features are all over the place.

2 different style headlights. Most common has headlights sitting as continuation forward from bonnet. other version has headlights sitting in behind black plastic support.

Also different side trims, and during this generation was when Honda swapped from super to unleaded fuel. This happened mid to late 85.

Also some models came with taco and others didn't. I know of older civics still 3rd gen then my old one that had tacos.

For an old model civic, this civic rocks, it performs better than the power figures you get :p

Si would rock if we got it here. Si had slightly bigger bumpers, nice cloth seats (as opposed to vinyl) ZC engine and other slight differences like front park lights.

vti-2
09-02-2004, 05:21 PM
]]http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4

have fun..

If you feel we have missed a model or some information in the above link please post in there as the whole point of the thread above is to get an accurate listing of Civic models in Aus.

Don't take offence, i will lock this thread as it is unnecessary. Please refer to the link above.

PM me if you have any questions. :)

vti-2
09-02-2004, 09:53 PM
Unlocked at the request of a member. Let's see if we can get some more info people! :)

Setanta
10-02-2004, 01:35 AM
Hey Q - you don't have the 1st gen CRX info do you?

I knew the Civic Si was an AT but not the others - ty :)

I'm a 4th genner - but I have always liked the 3rd gens style - havent owned one but I would have killed to get the red JDM Si that McChook's parents owned :)

Spunkymonkey
10-02-2004, 11:12 AM
Hey Q - you don't have the 1st gen CRX info do you?

I knew the Civic Si was an AT but not the others - ty :)

I'm a 4th genner - but I have always liked the 3rd gens style - havent owned one but I would have killed to get the red JDM Si that McChook's parents owned :)

1st gen crx also known as ballade crx.

AE with EV motor
AF with EW motor
AS with ZC motor