PDA

View Full Version : Corolla stockies (89 model) on 88 CRX = bad?

phantom_civic
17-07-2005, 01:22 AM
Hey pplz, yesterday i had 2 change 2 front tires due for a AUVIS inspection coz of a dfect notice due 2 bold tread inside on the 2 front tires.

I noticed it was more of a headache putting these corolla stockies on, coz everytime we try 2 tighten the lug nuts the wheel would just move all over the place even though when lined up.

IM not sure if u can even use toyota steelies on honda, the onli reason i used them was coz i could onli grab my hands on those 2 pass the inspection which turns out now i cant drive it coz the steerin wheel would just wobble like hell if i drive it due 2 the corolla steelies.
Even the lug nuts r tight, my friend said from the outside the front looks like its on a bad camber and the wheel rotates funny.

Then after a while i checked the lug nuts n wft they r loose again.

Sorry 4 writing a shitload but am i not suppose 2 use the corolla steelies due 2 different size offset or sumfin?

help appreciated.
john.

stocky
17-07-2005, 01:44 AM
toyota's have a smaller bore hole in the center so the wheel never sits flat with your rotor/hub.:thumbsup:

phantom_civic
17-07-2005, 01:55 AM
thanks 4 the help bro, better tak em off 2day thens.

:)

:wave:

VTC-8OY
17-07-2005, 02:03 AM
dayemnss john defected again!? how many times now? hehe inspection by the AUVIS too, farkk..

phantom_civic
17-07-2005, 02:10 AM
5 defect slips on the ciivc

so far on the crx = 2.

panda[cRx]
17-07-2005, 02:12 AM
^ u doin something wrong to get 7 defects

phantom_civic
17-07-2005, 02:17 AM
that was back in the bling bling days on the ciivc
until i discovered JDM styles.

all those defects came from hanging out at Krispy kreme in liverpool on saturday nights which now i have learnt my lesson.

VTC-8OY
17-07-2005, 02:22 AM
dayem im on 3 still.. i gota beat ur civic defect record LOL

UW15HN
17-07-2005, 10:53 AM
john..

borrow 2 peoples civic spare rims and put them on your car to clear the defect

not space saver rims tho.. just the normal 14" stock spare rim

bennjamin
17-07-2005, 10:57 AM
guys , DO NOT USE non-honda rims/stockies on your honda.
There is a chance the hub , as mentioned before is a slightly different size bore.

I had some stockies on my civic for a short time - and too noticed they wouldnt line up correct when tightening - thouight nothing of it and tightened it all up.
After about 100kms of driving the wheels developed a bad wobble under braking ( and a strange noise) - took off hte front wheels and the unbalance wheel had loosened the 2xwheel hub bolts holdign the brake disc on ! the screws just fell out when i took the front wheels off :(

BE CAREFUL!

phantom_civic
17-07-2005, 03:19 PM
dam thats bad benjamin, nearly had the same problem aswell however 2day i replaced the fronts with crx stockies, but i gotta say i think i warped the rotar coz when i tightned it my friend took it 4 a drive and from the outside i see the wheel still wobbling a little bit.
Also i killed the thread on one of the rotars.
IM in so much trouble nows...

:(