PDA

View Full Version : OBD2 to OBD1

Trust-Me
08-09-2003, 11:11 AM
hey guys,

does anyone know where i can get an OBD2 to OBD1 coversion harness in australia???
i know you can get them in the US but thats to troublesome to bring down here.

thanks in advance

VTi-RT
08-09-2003, 09:15 PM
no, you'll have to import one from the states. They do over there as generally they don't have good aftermarket ECU's like us in Australia at low prices.

On the Australian side of things, we don't have such big market as the states, hardly anyone does conversions here.

Trust-Me
08-09-2003, 11:30 PM
thanks for the help

so what would u suggest for a good and not expensive ECU??
coz im thinkin of gettin some cams, gears, springs and bumpin the compression rate a bit. i alreadi have an cat back exhaust and intake plus a VAFC. oyeah in my b16a2 civic.

coz i kno with these mods the OBD2 will not optimize it full potentials, only a tuneable ECU is needed. i was thinkin of getting a P28 and chipping it. prob has to be from the US

BMTDC2
09-09-2003, 02:11 AM
thanks for the help

so what would u suggest for a good and not expensive ECU??
coz im thinkin of gettin some cams, gears, springs and bumpin the compression rate a bit. i alreadi have an cat back exhaust and intake plus a VAFC. oyeah in my b16a2 civic.

coz i kno with these mods the OBD2 will not optimize it full potentials, only a tuneable ECU is needed. i was thinkin of getting a P28 and chipping it. prob has to be from the US

Depending if you have ODB2a or OBD2b style plugs, our workshop is currently testing our conversion kits and custom re-mapped P28 ecu's on the dyno with great success, hopefully we should be mass producing the harnesses in the near future assuming the extensive tests are ok... At the moment we have great success utilising GReddy e-manage to do airflow/fuel/ignition for those who are not in a position to go for a full blown stand alone unit or other high end engine managment systems.

poid
09-09-2003, 08:28 AM
A TSI interceptor ECU is a good, inexpensive one. Costs about $840 from memory plus install and tuning (which would take it up to $1400 or so complete).

VTi-RT
09-09-2003, 09:55 PM
you apexi VAFC could adjust enough fuel for those mods.

integra97
09-09-2003, 11:31 PM
Hondata has Obd2 to Obd1 harnesses.

They also have an OBD1 ecu with OBD2 connectors.

Check out the Hondata website, www.hondata.com.

Here is more info.

http://home.themaestro.net/blkcrx/hondata/Hondata_flyer.pdf

http://home.themaestro.net/blkcrx/hondata/Hondata_Retail_Pricing.pdf

http://home.themaestro.net/blkcrx/hondata/Hondata_Technical_Information1.pdf

Trust-Me
10-09-2003, 11:19 AM
guys thanks for all ya help, i really appreciate it all., 8)

BMTDC2: sounds good, let me kno when your company has them for sale, ill be interested.

poid: $1400 for a complete ECU, thats pretty pricy, i mate aswell get a power fc...

VTi-RT: do u reckon the VAFC is good enough???hmm i should try it first and i see what happens, o by the way i have the same car as you!!!hehe :lol:

integra97: Hondata moved from New Zealand to the States now...its be the same as getting a harness of Ebay from the states.

poid
10-09-2003, 11:56 AM
$1400 fitted and tuned is quite good from my point of view, especially since the TSI is quite flexible and powerful. Its $840 for the ECU only

Trust-Me
10-09-2003, 01:41 PM
$1400 fitted and tuned is quite good from my point of view, especially since the TSI is quite flexible and powerful. Its $840 for the ECU only

if its tune guess its alright but im in adelaide and not much tuner kno bout vtec.

poid
10-09-2003, 01:54 PM
yeh thats the one problem, you always need to get an ECU that a tuner nearby knows well.

vtec wont make a difference to any tuner worth their salt