PDA

View Full Version : Ignition????

riceball
17-07-2005, 01:46 PM
Hey guyz,

Got a big big problem, my car died on me yesterday. Just took off at the traffic lights then my car's power suddenly cut off, well the engine did anywaz, my stereo and everything else was working fine :( . it felt like my car was being pulled back. Im thinking that it could be my distributor... but any other ideas before i get it checked by my mechanic???? its a JDM b16a btw.

cheers :thumbsup:

BLKCRX
17-07-2005, 02:17 PM
Pull your leads and plugs out.... attach a plug to one of the leads and crank the engine over.. and see if you have spark at the end of the spark plugs...
or ground a lead to the body of the car... and check for spark that way.
that will tell you if something is wrong with your dizzy or not... if there's no spark it could be a few things.. the ignitor, the pickup, or the coil pack, all of which are inside the dizzy.
Regards James

wynode
17-07-2005, 03:27 PM
You will have to ground the spark plug in order to get a spark.

SKREMN
17-07-2005, 04:00 PM
Cheak you ECU codes that will tell ya what it is
its the little red light flashing on you ecu when your ignition is on

riceball
17-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Cheak you ECU codes that will tell ya what it is
its the little red light flashing on you ecu when your ignition is on

so where do i find this red light? just on the dash?

riceball
17-07-2005, 04:54 PM
Pull your leads and plugs out.... attach a plug to one of the leads and crank the engine over.. and see if you have spark at the end of the spark plugs...
or ground a lead to the body of the car... and check for spark that way.
that will tell you if something is wrong with your dizzy or not... if there's no spark it could be a few things.. the ignitor, the pickup, or the coil pack, all of which are inside the dizzy.
Regards James

cheers james,

would u know if it could be the main relay? my friend told me it could be the problem, but i dont know where the hell it is or what it is...

sesshoumaru
17-07-2005, 06:42 PM
cheers james,

would u know if it could be the main relay? my friend told me it could be the problem, but i dont know where the hell it is or what it is...

when you turn the key to accessory (so the dash lights come on), you should be able to hear the fuel pump prime (sort of a buzzing noise). If you can't, the main relay is faulty or your fuel pump is broken.

But i reckon you've got a dizzy problem personally, check for spark and fuel then report back on what's missing!

panda[cRx]
17-07-2005, 06:59 PM
so where do i find this red light? just on the dash?

should be under the carpet on passenger side footwell

Baopham
18-07-2005, 01:35 AM
yeah, found the problem, its the dizzy for sure. no sparks coming from it what so ever. thanks for the tips guyz, much appreciated.

cheers, Aidan