PDA

View Full Version : dc2r recaro rails to fit EK?

Astro
18-07-2005, 10:52 AM
Hi guys,

did a search but could not find the answer.

question is, can the dc2r recaro rails fit into a EK?

or, is it possible to custom the original rails to make it fit a EK? if so where from and price range or can it be DIY?

or, can i take out my existing rails from my car and bolt them onto the recaros to make them fit?

or do i need to rails to fit my EK?

thanks guys

Civic Type R
18-07-2005, 11:09 AM
The integra rails do not full line up.
The door side rail on the integra has a flat mounting point whereas all the other points bend on an angle to line up with the mounting holes in the car chassis.

I have had both Recaros rails for the EK and DC2 and this is the only difference. A slight difference is also found in the internal rear mounting rail where the hole (oblong shaped) positions itself level with the floor but 10mm above the mounting hole. It will go in but with some weight when doing it.

OK there is now one other issue you have to think about. If you are putting ITR / CTR recaros (remember that the ITR and CTR recaros are the same seat) the centre console in the civic is too wide and will have the seatbealts scrape against them and scratch the crap out of it. You need the thinner EK9 centre console to overcome this.

But apart from that, the DC2R rails do go into the EK but 3 / 4 bolts line up :)

BTW, i did write a technical DIY on this topic too :thumbsup:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12567&highlight=recaro

Astro
18-07-2005, 11:28 AM
thanks heaps Civic Type R...

after reading your DIY, basically i just have to take the rails off my existing ek seats and then re bolt them to the recaros...and every hole on the rail lines up to the seat 100%???

so easy?? damn thanks heaps man

Waggy
18-07-2005, 11:35 AM
OK there is now one other issue you have to think about. If you are putting ITR / CTR recaros (remember that the ITR and CTR recaros are the same seat) the centre console in the civic is too wide and will have the seatbealts scrape against them and scratch the crap out of it. You need the thinner EK9 centre console to overcome this.

Could you show me exactly what parts you mean by this? I'm considering purchasing some SR-3s for my EM1 and I wanna make sure they fit right. And the seatbelts will scrape against what? The console or the seat?

Civic Type R
18-07-2005, 11:52 AM
Could you show me exactly what parts you mean by this? I'm considering purchasing some SR-3s for my EM1 and I wanna make sure they fit right. And the seatbelts will scrape against what? The console or the seat?

Are u in Perth ?
The seatbelts scrape against the plastic centre peice where the e-brake lever is

Waggy
18-07-2005, 11:54 AM
No, QLD. Yeah I see the centre console with no storage compartment now.

Do the DC5R seats fit, no mods?

Civic Type R
18-07-2005, 11:59 AM
i havent handled the DC5 seats yet but i would 'assume' they would be the same as the DC2 ??

SPEEDCORE
18-07-2005, 12:06 PM
after reading your DIY, basically i just have to take the rails off my existing ek seats and then re bolt them to the recaros...and every hole on the rail lines up to the seat 100%???

I hope Civic Type R comes back to confirm this but I believe he used "Genuine EK Recaro rails", not AUDM EK4 rails.

Civic Type R
18-07-2005, 12:44 PM
I hope Civic Type R comes back to confirm this but I believe he used "Genuine EK Recaro rails", not AUDM EK4 rails.

Yes i used genuine DC2R and EK9 rails.

EK9 rails are the same as EK4

BlitZ
18-07-2005, 10:06 PM
yeah it kinda sounds like ek4 rails onto recaros...

tekling
19-07-2005, 12:07 AM
wait a minute
so what ur basically saying is that u get ur old stock rails and just replace ur recaro rails right????

Civic Type R
19-07-2005, 11:33 AM
clearly you are all confused.

What im saying is that the mounting points for the EK4 are the same as the EK9 - where they bolt up to the chassis.

Only EK9 rails are recaro rails.
Recaros will not bolt up to EK4 rails
EK4 and EK9 share the same chassis mounting position.
DC2R recaro rails wont full line up to an EK4 / 9 ( 3 of the 4 mounts line up only)
Recaro seats are universal - only the rails attached are different.
You can change the rails easily on Recaros to suit DC2 and EK.

HRV-80Y
19-07-2005, 12:05 PM
ill answer this for u astrooooo !

i had ek9 rails...and still bolted dem into my dc2...

diff...is ek9/ek4 right rail is longer at the right rear so i bolted only 3 bolts...

dc2 rails into ek9/ek4 will not fit...as the right rail is shorter...

oem ek4 rails do no fit directly onto recaros...reason ek4 rails bolt onto oem seats on the side...recaro's bolt on from the bottomw totally dif...

do i make sense ? or sum1 correct me if im wrong...

Civic Type R
19-07-2005, 12:08 PM
You just pretty much repeated what I had already said :)

Astro
19-07-2005, 01:53 PM
thanks all for your input.

Pascoe...would u want to swap rails?? as i will be getting dc2 rails with the seats.

tekling
21-07-2005, 03:44 AM
clearly you are all confused.

What im saying is that the mounting points for the EK4 are the same as the EK9 - where they bolt up to the chassis.

Only EK9 rails are recaro rails.
Recaros will not bolt up to EK4 rails
EK4 and EK9 share the same chassis mounting position.
DC2R recaro rails wont full line up to an EK4 / 9 ( 3 of the 4 mounts line up only)
Recaro seats are universal - only the rails attached are different.
You can change the rails easily on Recaros to suit DC2 and EK.

im so dead confued
ok
u said that you can change the rails easily on Recaros to suit DC2 and EK

so what i asked before was that can i rip the dc2r rails off the recaros and bolt my stock rails on to the recaros

sorry for this but im am so confused :confused:

Civic Type R
21-07-2005, 11:21 AM
Gli, Cxi, VTiR, SiR rails DO NOT bolt onto RECAROS.

I honestly cant see how it was confusing ?

tekling
22-07-2005, 03:25 AM
ok...now u should of said that in the firs tplace =)
now i comprehend

Civic Type R
22-07-2005, 11:14 AM
i did