PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with my alarm?

_Daniel
18-07-2005, 05:52 PM
My alarms seems to be playing up and the central locking doesn't work at all

the indicators blink as usual, but the doors don't lock
its also confusing as sometimes I'll open the door and if it feels like it, the alarm will trigger.

Anyone know of a good place to get it checked out?It just happened randomly once when I was getting into the car, I unlocked it via remote as usual, but when I opened the door the alarm triggered

juzz
18-07-2005, 06:09 PM
hey,
i had a problem with my alarm. but the thing was that it didn't unlock but did lock wen i pressed the button on the remote.
i took the car to the honda dealer in chadstone and the guy was nice and took a look..
in my instance there was somethin wrong with the lock mechanism so that was fixed..
but maybe jus ask a honda dealer technician to chekc it out..maybe

elim
18-07-2005, 06:57 PM
I had a similar problem too, when you try to press the button to lock/unlock, you can hear the motor going but the locks don't change.

Opened the door panel and found out that the motor arm wasn't holding tight onto the lock mechanism so when I press it, the arms actually slip rather than pulling/pushing the metal bar to lock/unlock the car.

VTC-8OY
18-07-2005, 08:13 PM
Its ur wires.. probably rooted, u see wen u have door closed the wires aren't touching therefore alarm is not triggering, and when u open ur doors n trigger alarm the motors lock, i had this problem before.. either that or its simply your central locking door motors are gone n need replacing..