PDA

View Full Version : Lsd

Andys
18-07-2005, 09:42 PM
Has anyone bought, tested, or know anything in general about the Spoon LSD kit?

- Andrew

spoon fit
18-07-2005, 09:55 PM
i really want to know how much?
and is it only for manual?

MRFIT
18-07-2005, 10:58 PM
get a manual jazz lah, spoonfit...... its about time that you drive a real man's car.... :D
hahahahahahhaha........... j/k

spoon fit
18-07-2005, 11:25 PM
get a manual jazz lah, spoonfit...... its about time that you drive a real man's car.... :D
hahahahahahhaha........... j/k

hehe....but danny's CVT faster than ur manaul wor.....:D :D :D

CVT :thumbsup:

asiansquad
18-07-2005, 11:29 PM
but still slower than mine ;)

hahahaa

spoon fit
18-07-2005, 11:32 PM
but still slower than mine ;)

hahahaa

umm...i dun think so :D
ray said he can't c danny's taillight on sat nite when we curise to princess...haha :D

asiansquad
18-07-2005, 11:45 PM
ray car is slow that's why :P

TypeG
19-07-2005, 12:04 AM
lol
ray is not crazy driver as i sat on his car b4
maybe her gf sit next to her all the time

petrovski
19-07-2005, 12:27 AM
Keep it on topic guys . . .

Andys - this is babelfishs translation (which doesnt really help):

L.S.D kit: At the time of cornering and the load which falls on the driving wheel when accelerating, always it differs in left and right. That with the normal diff. it will escape to the driving wheel whose torque at the time of accelerator on and off the load is little, it works. With this secure blurring in cornering? Vehicle control at the time of the king and acceleration is difficult. L.S.D the driving force which it tries to escape, perceives the rpm of the left and right wheel, and the difference of torque conveys traction to the road surface securely by the fact that diff. function is restricted. In other words, sport being to be the necessity when it travels, it does L.S.D. In the spoon you adopt the mechanical cable type of 1.5 ways which it is easy to handle, actualizing the effectiveness taste of another dimension from the normal diff.. In addition, high intensity, setting also the side bearing whose extreme-pressure characteristic is high, to unite it considers also cheapness and the maintenance aspect. As for initial torque when shipping 9kg? 9.5kg (cold) it is set. As for mechanical cable type L.S.D there are times when pulling 摺 り sound of the driving wheel and operation sound and vibrating sound of the internal gear occur.

Anyay i guess it does what a normal LSD does . . . which has something to do with which way the power goes to each wheel and how it deals with wheel slippage.

Edit: Click here ----> http://auto.howstuffworks.com/differential8.htm
and here ---> http://www.answers.com/topic/limited-slip-differential
This explains LSD

Maybe try the technical forum bc im sure it will be the same as all the other hondas, just applied to the jazz.

Spoon fit - As for how much? ask tanghy. . .
it is 102,900 yen which is $1225AU approximately from spoon so to get it here is probably goin to cost more than that . . . but as i said ask a trader.

and it is only availaible for manual GD3 (1.5 vtec)

Pete :)

TypeG
19-07-2005, 12:29 AM
very technical

strepto
19-07-2005, 01:50 AM
very technical

Well, the LSD is a very technical unit :) And there is really a lot of unneccesary posts in here nowadays.. We should try to keep the posts on topic, so that its easier for new members to search and find what they are looking for :)

The Spoon LSD is a 1.5 way LSD which works the same way every other Honda LSD does - simply by moving the power to the wheel where it may be put to the ground. For any driver with sporty driving in mind - this is simply a must.

Well spent money!

TypeG
19-07-2005, 02:37 AM
yes
my old DC2R got that but no idea what he is for
and now i know
u know a lot of thing strepto
lol

spoon fit
19-07-2005, 07:14 AM
Spoon fit - As for how much? ask tanghy. . .
it is 102,900 yen which is $1225AU approximately from spoon so to get it here is probably goin to cost more than that . . . but as i said ask a trader.

Pete :)

thx! :)

Andys
19-07-2005, 08:56 AM

Damnit! I lose out again :D

I'm not gonna change Jazzes just to get a manual gearbox + LSD.. if I have to change cars it'll be to a different car .. (preferably one with an LSD as standard!) :(

I really thought it'd be a nice upgrade as I'm sometimes finding one wheel is losing traction big time when throwing the car into a corner. It even happened to me once exiting the downhill fish-hook at Wakefield, and it was a great lap until that point.

I also think its part of the secret of the Integra's superb cornering (as well as its balanced driveshafts). Oh well.

- Andrew

papaya
19-07-2005, 09:42 AM
Well, the LSD is a very technical unit :) And there is really a lot of unneccesary posts in here nowadays.. We should try to keep the posts on topic, so that its easier for new members to search and find what they are looking for :)

Agree.. perhaps chit chat should be done in another forum.. Can someone create one outside of OZHONDA.COM ???

Also, I find that this section has becoming more and more technical. Good thing... but amatuers like myself are getting a bit hard to follow due to the fact that I am Jazz enthusiast, not Mod enthusiast...

strepto
19-07-2005, 05:58 PM
... has becoming more and more technical.

Yes. It has, and I hope - to a certain degree - that I may have contributed to that end. The reason is simple. When car owners go to car forums its usually because they wan't to learn more about their cars, and the cars capabilities. Like we see in this forum, many come to ask about mods, intakes, exhaust, suspension, and so - gathering this information and putting it on display so that its easy to find - is my goal :) That way the board may attract more users, and our community grows stronger.