PDA

View Full Version : type s vs dc2r

Mugen_B16B
18-07-2005, 11:59 PM
friend of mine just bought a brand new type s [ lucky bastard] neway he can beat a dc5r but im not sure if dc5s can beat dc2rs????

panda[cRx]
19-07-2005, 12:00 AM
why can't he beat a dc5r? the extra kw not helping him?

Da1nONLY
19-07-2005, 12:02 AM
dc2r all the way! =P

s2king
19-07-2005, 12:17 AM
dc2r all the way! =P

amen to that brotherin.

Well I think dc2r's are better, my opinion, just an opinion, nothing alse, people with dc5's dont get your nickers in a twist :p

CaP
19-07-2005, 12:26 AM
did you read the new SPEED mag, the type S is the WINNER , 6 speed

STTICH
19-07-2005, 12:29 AM
if its a brand new type s.. shouldnt b trying to beat anyone ! ..the engine's still new ..give it time ..test it later :)

Mugen_B16B
19-07-2005, 01:03 AM
sorri guys i had cant not can its meant to be can, he can beat the dc5r lol my bad

Mugen_B16B
19-07-2005, 01:05 AM
but yeah its a demo with 7k on it and it seems ok to trash :D its a honda i couldnt help myself:P

toE
19-07-2005, 02:58 AM
sorri guys i had cant not can its meant to be can, he can beat the dc5r lol my bad

Say what? :confused:

nipnip
19-07-2005, 09:49 AM
if its a brand new type s.. shouldnt b trying to beat anyone ! ..the engine's still new ..give it time ..test it later :)

yeh i read it, he said the s "feels" better. but i'd definitely want more concrete details. its still debatable. lap times and quater mile times from the same driver would've been helpful

hebe
19-07-2005, 01:38 PM
he will beat a dc2r!

Mugen_B16B
19-07-2005, 01:49 PM
r u sure???? dc2r's r pretti fast, they can beat a dc5r then i reckon they would be just as fast as the dc5s

JINRAI
19-07-2005, 02:21 PM
hmph does it really matter? unless ur plannin to drive and challenge stock cars...p.s. the cars don't drive themselves

IRI
19-07-2005, 02:23 PM
p.s. the cars don't drive themselves

:wave: (if i could give you a rep point for that i would;))

Mugen_B16B
19-07-2005, 02:41 PM
ok u got a point there

type one
19-07-2005, 03:40 PM
have we clarified where this beating will take place? road, track or mountainside? LOL...

Across which part of the powerband the beating will take place? Because i am pretty sure the DC2R doesn't have the top end to match the S.

At the "traffic light olympics" where the fastest shifters rule the roost then i would put my money on the DC2R uleh.

FR33K
19-07-2005, 04:04 PM
theyre all just as fast as eachother with the average driver

z3lda
19-07-2005, 04:20 PM
i reckon the proton is faster

_CiVIC_
19-07-2005, 04:48 PM
my mum has a typeS and believe me, when I drive that thing, compared to any dc2r or dc5r i have driven, the typeS is more responsive and has better top and bottom end compared to the others, it doesn't feel like its going to bog out at low rpm compared to the dc2r and dc5r.. more torque in the typeS too, and weighs about the same as the dc5r :)

DaPlaya
19-07-2005, 05:31 PM
i'd take the dc2r anyday...

CJL
21-07-2005, 02:10 AM
Originaly posted by: feekygeek clubrsx
http://members.iinet.net.au/%7Efreakygeek/images/typervtypes/speed01.jpg
http://members.iinet.net.au/%7Efreakygeek/images/typervtypes/speed02.jpg
http://members.iinet.net.au/%7Efreakygeek/images/typervtypes/speed03.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/%7Efreakygeek/images/typervtypes/speed04.jpg
http://members.iinet.net.au/%7Efreakygeek/images/typervtypes/speed05.jpg

THE_MASS
22-07-2005, 12:30 AM
very interesting facts. but doesnt say anything about quater mile runs??
so dont know what to say??

locote
22-07-2005, 12:44 AM
typeS has no LSD but

DOHCVTEC
22-07-2005, 02:06 AM
The Type S might be easier to drive on roads that ain't perfect. The S gives more refined and user friendly handling, But DC2R will definitely be faster in the race track. If you have driven a front drive car with no LSD in the race track u will know what I mean.

More power with the S but it will have trouble getting it down on corner exit. The stiffer suspension setting on the double wishbone layout will also help the Type R to be faster in race track corners. It only calls for a better skilled driver and more delicate control cos it's designed to oversteer while turn in, but it's so easy to control, u can use this to your advantage with some practice.

The 3 Ultimate track weapon that DC2 Type R has got (relative to DC 5 Type S):
1. Double Wishbone layout in front and rear suspension;
2. LSD to aid power down (141Kw isn't little power) in corner exits;
3. Weight saving measures = Less weight = higher cornering speed/ less time wasted and better braking distance, all things being equal.

gelo
22-07-2005, 02:14 AM
hmph does it really matter? unless ur plannin to drive and challenge stock cars...p.s. the cars don't drive themselves

my friend will defiantely be up for a challenge
stock for stock

on track of course
none of this i beat u at the lights business

personally, i would go DC2R any day
being a car enthusiast, more specifically, honda lover
id like to think of myself as more than just an average driver
the DC2R is raw and uncompromised
i love the hard ride
love the narrow recaros
love the oversteer-y nature of the car

thats what a driver's car should be like
it excites you everytime u drive

CeeVicK
22-07-2005, 07:56 PM
Amen to that, the brudda knows what he's talkin about...

The Type S might be easier to drive on roads that ain't perfect. The S gives more refined and user friendly handling, But DC2R will definitely be faster in the race track. If you have driven a front drive car with no LSD in the race track u will know what I mean.

More power with the S but it will have trouble getting it down on corner exit. The stiffer suspension setting on the double wishbone layout will also help the Type R to be faster in race track corners. It only calls for a better skilled driver and more delicate control cos it's designed to oversteer while turn in, but it's so easy to control, u can use this to your advantage with some practice.

The 3 Ultimate track weapon that DC2 Type R has got (relative to DC 5 Type S):
1. Double Wishbone layout in front and rear suspension;
2. LSD to aid power down (141Kw isn't little power) in corner exits;
3. Weight saving measures = Less weight = higher cornering speed/ less time wasted and better braking distance, all things being equal.

Mugen_B16B
22-07-2005, 08:26 PM
ok i got my friend out and we dragged a dc5r in his dc5s and killed it, got to drag a dc2r also and pretty close but the dc2r started pulling away:D thats what i wanted to see cause im not a fan of the type s, type r was the original, none of that wanna be crap, plus im getting a dc2r soon

SAWAKITA
22-07-2005, 08:31 PM
So is the DC5S good or not??
What about DC5R?? is it any good?
I'm buying a Integra tomorrow if eveything is right.
I was going to buy a DC2R but its too hard to find one in good condition.
So I'll be getting a DC5R or DC5S.
Any suggestions?

hong_ung
23-07-2005, 12:34 AM
So is the DC5S good or not??
What about DC5R?? is it any good?
I'm buying a Integra tomorrow if eveything is right.
I was going to buy a DC2R but its too hard to find one in good condition.
So I'll be getting a DC5R or DC5S.
Any suggestions?

the question is within yourself
are you are good driver? I believe each car mentioned can performs very well in their own way.
I know people brag about dc2r being the real deal, but it doesn't take much for a dc5's to beat a dc2 IMO. It's Driver baby, i've beaten turbo'ed machines before, but that doesn't mean that my cars better nor quicker..
what are you looking for in a car? stock power or a car with greater potential for easy power gains?
would you compromise comfort for handling?
are you easily distracted and spend your weekend stripping your car to look for rattles? ie. a fussy owner?

But don't go ruling out any of the three, i think they are equally impressive in their own way

My 2c

SAWAKITA
23-07-2005, 11:26 AM
I can drive good but I don't mean race.
I drive R33 GTST atm to work everyday, its using too much petrol and not comfortable with 218rwkw + hard suspension.
I need a car that have enough power + comfort + good fuel efficiency.
So today I ordered a new championship white Type S and join the HONDA family.

the question is within yourself
are you are good driver? I believe each car mentioned can performs very well in their own way.
I know people brag about dc2r being the real deal, but it doesn't take much for a dc5's to beat a dc2 IMO. It's Driver baby, i've beaten turbo'ed machines before, but that doesn't mean that my cars better nor quicker..
what are you looking for in a car? stock power or a car with greater potential for easy power gains?
would you compromise comfort for handling?
are you easily distracted and spend your weekend stripping your car to look for rattles? ie. a fussy owner?

But don't go ruling out any of the three, i think they are equally impressive in their own way

My 2c

dc2dc2dc2
23-07-2005, 11:38 AM
type-s or dc5r ANYDAY over a dc2 ! dc2 is like a lancer so girly n small. at least dc5 and type-s have a bit of beef to them.

locote
23-07-2005, 12:30 PM
sawakita i had a 300rwhp s15 and went to a Gsi, hondas a are a totaly different feel, on straight line no dought the s15 would absolutly murder a gsi but round bends it be a dam close race, plus you get less D heads wanting to race you just cause they drive a v8 and think they r good.

CJL
23-07-2005, 01:51 PM
Interesting indeed, I wonder how many of you ppl that crap on about the dc2 been the tracking, actually do track it up...:rolleyes:

sti own:D

Chi
23-07-2005, 02:04 PM

Thats what the review based the cars to perform on.

Daily driving.

dc2r is meant to be a track car, hence it wasnt review for track capabilities.

LOL @ engine pic for dc2r !
Opened Stock OEM pod !

industrie
23-07-2005, 02:15 PM
the new type S is a great purchase..bit expensive but you will enjoy it...good choice :D

Mugen_B16B
23-07-2005, 06:22 PM
i would have just gone the dc2r ne day and with the extra cash put some CAI and some small modes to make it even with the type s, but type s is still sweet man good work :D

2NTICN
23-07-2005, 11:09 PM
yeh boyz, DC2R all the way. The orignal Vtec is wat its all about i rekon. None of this IVTEC crap. The DC5's dont even relatively look like integras. Integras are known for their small, sleek look which makes people underestimate the ballz they have. The new integras have just lost the whole concept.

_CiVIC_
23-07-2005, 11:18 PM
i think the new typeS looks sweet, i drive mum's around all the time, always getting looks by everyone and most dc2r's want to run lol.. funny aye

hong_ung
24-07-2005, 12:39 AM
i would have just gone the dc2r ne day and with the extra cash put some CAI and some small modes to make it even with the type s, but type s is still sweet man good work :D

?
i dont personally think you'd need mods for a dc2r to beat a type-s :D

hong_ung
24-07-2005, 12:42 AM
type-s or dc5r ANYDAY over a dc2 ! dc2 is like a lancer so girly n small. at least dc5 and type-s have a bit of beef to them.

If this was the case, I'd be driving a Commowhore, but really, how would you describe the Lotus Elise?

Comparing a dc2 to a lancer is like comparing chocolate to shit ehehhe (taken from Initial D)

_CiVIC_
24-07-2005, 12:16 PM
even the article says it... the typeS is more refined.. best of both worlds, it has the sporty feel and the comfort, what else could you possibly want :D

Da1nONLY
25-07-2005, 11:53 PM
?
i dont personally think you'd need mods for a dc2r to beat a type-s :D

Nopes... I've beaten a Type S in my stock R with weight addition.
started pulling away towards end of second. =)

SAWAKITA
26-07-2005, 12:14 AM
Ok enough, its all Integras all good cars and thats the END.
Bad news, no more championship white Type S untill next shipment arrive.
So I'm going for the last Magnesium in Sydney.

serenity00
26-07-2005, 01:36 AM
hmm i think its really based on the driver...
because i drive a dc5r and i beat a dc5s at the lights and pulled over.
and mine is stock at that time too