PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice

jdmcivic
19-07-2005, 12:40 PM
I just got a wheel alignment done, on my eg and the report says my camber is out by 2 degrees on the right front, the tyre place says that they cant adjust the camber and that something is bent underneth.
Where would i go to get it checked out a suspension place like pedders maybe?
Will the $14 saftey check find out if something is bent or do i have to pay more?
Will a camber kit realign my camber even if it something is bent?
What are my best options guys?

joyride
19-07-2005, 12:45 PM
take it to a suspension shop to get it looked at.... show them the report and tell them what the tyre shop said so they can try and find it... if youre afraid of prices just ask if they can look quickly to diagnose the problem and go from there.. ask them for quotes

luzinit
19-07-2005, 12:47 PM
i had exact same thing, as a result of a nasty pothole im assuming. heasmans suspension in sydneham diagnosed for my situation was a bent wheel hub axle or something.. cost 170 to fix, still havnt fixed it yet..

CTR Coupe
19-07-2005, 12:53 PM
A suspension place told my friend the same thing. That something was bent and that camber couldn’t be fixed. A camber kit later and its all fine.
Id say still go have the $14 check, just don’t have anything fixed there.
Something could be bent just make sure they identify what is bent.

jdmcivic
20-07-2005, 11:15 AM
Whats wrong with pedders do they rip ppl off?
wat other places are there to go to in melb for these type of problems?

babyboy
20-07-2005, 11:25 AM
its good to get your suspension checked from any reputable suspension place.. but be careful because i got that $14 check from pedders and they told me that my shocks were gone, which was true but they said my bushes were gone too and i took it too ISmotorracing and they said my bushes were fine... get a second opinion if your not to sure...

Rufes1
20-07-2005, 12:05 PM
If your camber is out something is bent. I wouldnt get anything done by pedders. Take it to Kmac at rockdale if your in NSW, they're pretty good and and know their shit.

heist
20-07-2005, 12:10 PM
welcome back rufes....

CTR Coupe
20-07-2005, 03:16 PM
If your camber is out something is bent. I wouldnt get anything done by pedders. Take it to Kmac at rockdale if your in NSW, they're pretty good and and know their shit.

or the car is lowered. that will also put your camber out

jdmlvn
20-07-2005, 05:01 PM
or the car is lowered. that will also put your camber out

when ur car is lowered. the bracing can come loose :(

Zdster
20-07-2005, 09:20 PM
Like some of the others have said take it to a few shops and get a number of different opinions. Maybe even a Honda dealership can have a quick look for you?

Newcivic
20-07-2005, 10:07 PM
Get coilovers!

CTR Coupe
21-07-2005, 12:10 AM
Get coilovers!

thats not going to fix the camber :rolleyes: