PDA

View Full Version : [Euro] Worth upgrading to the new Luxury-Red?

Thorn2004
19-07-2005, 08:04 PM
I currently own a 2004 Accord Euro standard, Arctic Blue, Auto, with close to 20K's on it.

Now I love my ABP Euro, but I saw one of those new Milano Red Luxury's with the 17 inch rims on it, spoiler with bodykit. Wow!! :thumbsup: Damn hot, originally I thaught it was too much red for the Euro's large panels, but hell was I wrong when I saw one in person on the showroom floor! Throw some nice dark tints and the bodykit on it and the red Euro looks red hot, no pun intended ;)

Now I know that the luxury has curtain airbags, leather seats etc, but it is the rims which I like about the 2005 model, fills out the car better. Plus the black leather looks nice and hell I am sick of the cloth seats that I have in my current Euro, gotta vacuum the hair, cat hair etc off them every week! Leather should be better for that.

Now I have spoken to my dealer and they reckon there is a Australia wide sale on this Weekend, so I was thinking about mosing on over to take a look. I have been offered 32K for my ABP Euro which is fine by me coz there is a scrape on my passenger side door (some a#@hole hit it with a trolley) which needs fixin, the dealer reckons they will have to paint the whole door again to match, 370 bucks worth! So why not get the new Red luxury and let them fix it? The trade in will cover most of the cost anyhow!

What do you guys think, worth an extra 10 grand to upgrade to the luxury? What do you guys think of the red? Anyone here have one, do they like it, does the red fade?

Thanks guys.

gldsaucer
19-07-2005, 08:10 PM
are you sure that he is gonna offer 32k and not raising the price for luxury model that you gonna get?cos the price is pretty good..i would expect less than 30k for ur car..IMHO...

seihoa
19-07-2005, 08:10 PM
iv seen the red ones ... bloody nice !
10 k extra = / mayb an extra 6 k sounds good=]

Aratahu
19-07-2005, 08:21 PM
iv seen the red ones ... bloody nice !
10 k extra = / mayb an extra 6 k sounds good=]

Yeah I saw the red one too, out at my local shopping centre parked with the sunroof on tilt --- and it was just awesome. If I wasn't so hell bent on getting black this would definitely have been my colour. And to be fully honest it is probably even more striking than the black, the rims really stand out - and yes, those 17s are fantastic.

Also you'll absolutely love the leather interiour, it's just plain luxurious. Not sure whereabouts you are, but seat warmers are certainly becoming handy these days here in Melbourne. Check out the image in my "vgarage" (link under my nick) for a little something to tease you whilst you are trying to make up your mind.

There might be a tad bit more road noise from the 17s, but then again there's also more grip. And the Xeon lights are brilliant at night. Plus curtain airbags could potentially be a life saver if you ever were to get tboned by a 4WD in what is called the "compatibility problem".

Let us know how you go :D

FR33K
19-07-2005, 08:35 PM
does the red fade?

lol YES
trust me...
but not if you look after it
and if u dont plan on keeping the car for 20 years then dont worry about fading

exISeuro
19-07-2005, 08:36 PM
For 32k, i would have signed some papers right there and then.
How much did u pay for it $36000 max ? 1 year old car, 20000km + damage = no depreciation ?

I know what you mean about the Milano Red Luxury, there are two in my area.
Full OEM kit, dark tint... one is lowered :)~

yfin
19-07-2005, 08:36 PM
Seeing it in person I would actually now rate the red behind all the other Euro colours.

The paint is really flat. I think the sparkle of the metallic paints makes a huge difference in terms of how classy the car looks.

If you really want the luxury go for it. I wouldn't pay 10k but that is your decision. You mention how great leather is - but it does have its disadvantages too - especially in summer or if you have children.

aaronx88
19-07-2005, 08:53 PM
Hi,

10k to upgrade? Definately YESSSS. The reason, standard and luxury is already 7k difference. 3k depreciation for 20000 km driving is definately worth it.

Plus, you will get brand new 5 year warranty + 5 years roadside assistance for Honda sold on 23th July 05.

Hope this information helps.

Aaron

evolution42
19-07-2005, 08:58 PM
I have to say I totally agree with yfin on the colour. i think the red degrades the "classiness" of the car. no offence to people who like it or own a milano red euro, but i think it's the colour you'd find on econocars like barina's etc. doesn't suit a luxury car like the euro at all imo, it's more suited to a Euro-R.

Aratahu
19-07-2005, 09:01 PM
Seeing it in person I would actually now rate the red behind all the other Euro colours. .

That's the new milano red you are talking about here? The old red-ish one is not one of my favourites but I found the new quite striking.

I guess that's the beauty of taste diversity - it would be a pretty boring world if everyone liked the same things :)

albii
19-07-2005, 09:25 PM
I currently own a 2004 Accord Euro standard, Arctic Blue, Auto, with close to 20K's on it.

Now I love my ABP Euro, but I saw one of those new Milano Red Luxury's with the 17 inch rims on it, spoiler with bodykit. Wow!! :thumbsup: Damn hot, originally I thaught it was too much red for the Euro's large panels, but hell was I wrong when I saw one in person on the showroom floor! Throw some nice dark tints and the bodykit on it and the red Euro looks red hot, no pun intended ;)

Now I know that the luxury has curtain airbags, leather seats etc, but it is the rims which I like about the 2005 model, fills out the car better. Plus the black leather looks nice and hell I am sick of the cloth seats that I have in my current Euro, gotta vacuum the hair, cat hair etc off them every week! Leather should be better for that.

Now I have spoken to my dealer and they reckon there is a Australia wide sale on this Weekend, so I was thinking about mosing on over to take a look. I have been offered 32K for my ABP Euro which is fine by me coz there is a scrape on my passenger side door (some a#@hole hit it with a trolley) which needs fixin, the dealer reckons they will have to paint the whole door again to match, 370 bucks worth! So why not get the new Red luxury and let them fix it? The trade in will cover most of the cost anyhow!

What do you guys think, worth an extra 10 grand to upgrade to the luxury? What do you guys think of the red? Anyone here have one, do they like it, does the red fade?

Thanks guys.sorry to say but in my opinion you are wasting your money......10k changeover seems hard for me to swallow....plus the blue looks heaps better than the red..the red is bloody awefull

stephen8512
19-07-2005, 10:08 PM
i wouldnt say its "bloody" awful :D
hahaha nah but seriously, red euro can look quite nice...with the right touches. its just in stock mode that it looks a bit iff but thorn, i wouldnt trade in ur abp euro. if u wanna trade in ur car, i say get another car....10K seems quite a lot for the same car with diff paint and a few extras such as HID and leather.....

Thorn2004
19-07-2005, 10:33 PM
are you sure that he is gonna offer 32k and not raising the price for luxury model that you gonna get?cos the price is pretty good..i would expect less than 30k for ur car..IMHO...

Nah that is what he offered, I won't complain... my Euro does have the OEM spoiler, Ming Tints, and the Euro Matt set so I guess that makes it different from the ordinary base model. Could be why it is worth a couple of extra grand?

coladuna
19-07-2005, 10:38 PM
You've got to be kidding.
Red is the worst colour IMO.
I've seen it in flesh and it's even worse than in photos.
First of all, the chrome finish doesn't match AT ALL with the red colour.
Besides, it's not even a nice looking red. it looks very boring and plain.
Also, it's a waste of money upgrading to luxury if you already have standard Euro. if someone was buying new, I'd recommend them to get luxury, but there's no point in trading in your Euro to get it.

Having said that, the dealer offered you a bloody good price on your Euro.
When I asked a Subaru dealer just out of curiosity, he was talking BS figures around $30K max for my Euro Luxury when it was only like 4 months old with 7000km on the odometer. I just thought to myself, "dream on a-hole"

Thorn2004
19-07-2005, 10:38 PM
Yeah I saw the red one too, out at my local shopping centre parked with the sunroof on tilt --- and it was just awesome. If I wasn't so hell bent on getting black this would definitely have been my colour. And to be fully honest it is probably even more striking than the black, the rims really stand out - and yes, those 17s are fantastic.

Also you'll absolutely love the leather interiour, it's just plain luxurious. Not sure whereabouts you are, but seat warmers are certainly becoming handy these days here in Melbourne. Check out the image in my "vgarage" (link under my nick) for a little something to tease you whilst you are trying to make up your mind.

There might be a tad bit more road noise from the 17s, but then again there's also more grip. And the Xeon lights are brilliant at night. Plus curtain airbags could potentially be a life saver if you ever were to get tboned by a 4WD in what is called the "compatibility problem".

Let us know how you go :D

Yeah I live in Melbourne so seat warmers would be nice :) You are right, the red does sorta stand out and make people take notice !

Thorn2004
19-07-2005, 10:42 PM
Seeing it in person I would actually now rate the red behind all the other Euro colours.

The paint is really flat. I think the sparkle of the metallic paints makes a huge difference in terms of how classy the car looks.

If you really want the luxury go for it. I wouldn't pay 10k but that is your decision. You mention how great leather is - but it does have its disadvantages too - especially in summer or if you have children.

No kids no, but I do have a cat ;) Which is why I am sick of vacuuming the cloth seats, it seems to attract hair, fluff and fur !!

Thorn2004
19-07-2005, 10:45 PM
That's the new milano red you are talking about here? The old red-ish one is not one of my favourites but I found the new quite striking.

I guess that's the beauty of taste diversity - it would be a pretty boring world if everyone liked the same things :)

Yes I am talking about the new Milano red :) I found it quite striking and bright but looks great when the Luxury has dark tints, tinted sunroof and the bodykit, seeing it in person, nice and shiny I was quite suprised as it wouldn't be a color which I would think suits the Euro. I don't think it detracts from its classiness besides I am youngish I think it makes it look more sporty, but each to their own.

Aratahu
19-07-2005, 10:54 PM
No kids no, but I do have a cat ;) Which is why I am sick of vacuuming the cloth seats, it seems to attract hair, fluff and fur !!
Hmm, does the cat have claws??? :)

Thorn2004
19-07-2005, 10:55 PM
hahaha nah but seriously, red euro can look quite nice...with the right touches. its just in stock mode that it looks a bit iff but thorn, i wouldnt trade in ur abp euro. if u wanna trade in ur car, i say get another car....10K seems quite a lot for the same car with diff paint and a few extras such as HID and leather.....

I am a sucker for new cars, and to be truthfull my Euro has 20k km's on it it doesn't feel new anymore. The red doesn't look nice in the standard Euro, too much red not broken up because of the smaller rims too. Which is why I was talking about the Luxury, it looks quite good with the larger rims, throw some tints into the mix and maybe a bodykit and spoiler and I think it looks pretty sporty :)

Thorn2004
19-07-2005, 10:56 PM
Hmm, does the cat have claws??? :)

She does but she never gets near the car, I am talkin about the fur which transfers from your clothes onto the seats every time you hop in the car!

Aratahu
19-07-2005, 11:18 PM
She does but she never gets near the car, I am talkin about the fur which transfers from your clothes onto the seats every time you hop in the car!

Lol, get you :)

I think the key to making the Milano look its best, maybe more relevant than for other cars, is frequent washing & waxing. The one I saw looked like it just came from the showroom and was sparkling with a very nice gloss. Not sure how it would look being dirty.

I washed my car for the 2nd time on Saturday and with the clear weather it is the first time it's stayed clean for more than 6 hours - the black just looks SO much better when not covered by a layer of dirt..! At least I got a proper layer of wax put onto it the first time I washed it using 3 steps of Meguiar products (and drove straight into the rain.. hehe!); just doing Meguiar's Wash'n'wax single product [the first step] was all that was required this time. I think my car's washing schedule will be the 3 steps every month, then wash every other 3 weekends.

Thorn2004
19-07-2005, 11:29 PM
Lol, get you :)

I think the key to making the Milano look its best, maybe more relevant than for other cars, is frequent washing & waxing. The one I saw looked like it just came from the showroom and was sparkling with a very nice gloss. Not sure how it would look being dirty.

I washed my car for the 2nd time on Saturday and with the clear weather it is the first time it's stayed clean for more than 6 hours - the black just looks SO much better when not covered by a layer of dirt..! At least I got a proper layer of wax put onto it the first time I washed it using 3 steps of Meguiar products (and drove straight into the rain.. hehe!); just doing Meguiar's Wash'n'wax single product [the first step] was all that was required this time. I think my car's washing schedule will be the 3 steps every month, then wash every other 3 weekends.

Yeah you are right, the Milano's I have seen were nice and shiny, practically sparkling, I don't think it would look as nice without the polishing up or if it got really dirty.

I washed my Euro last Sunday, with Meguiar wash of course! Within an hour of finishing it, and I mean I washed her up really nice, cleaned her down to the finest detail, wiped her down afterwards to stop the dirt spots forming.... then it rained ! It only lasted a few mins though but was enough to soak it nice. Not to be outdone I wiped her down again before it dried dirty! I had to go for a drive not even 40 mins after that and you guessed it it rained AGAIN !! I hate Melbourne weather, I swear it went from sunny to raining in a heartbeat !!

Slugoid
19-07-2005, 11:50 PM
$10K can buy you a lot of mods, think about it. Can get you a lot of performance mods or turn your existing Euro into the luxury with spare change. Let's see:

HID's - good but you can get a kit for less than $500.
17" rims - get some branded rims of your choice for $2K with rubber.
Leather - easily retrimmed for around $2K...maybe less.
Heated seats - gimik.
Rain sensing wipers - gimik.
Sunroof - good on sunny days. Can live without cos I live in Melb.

$5K to make a std Euro into a Luxury. Add a full OEM kit for $2500. Still $2.5K left. Enough to get coilovers, swaybars AND maybe a CAI. There is so much you can do with $10K, trust me. Keep your change and do something better with it.

PS: I see you have an auto std Euro. If that's the case I would DEFINATELY spend $10K to upgrade to a manual luxury. Anything for that sweet 6-spd....anything, ANYTHING!!

blkeuro
20-07-2005, 08:42 AM
I think the red looks awesome on the euro..especially with the black leather seats..and dark tint like you have mentioned.

second to black, which I have, I would have gone either charcoal or red...:)

PNR888
20-07-2005, 09:22 AM
Thorn2004:
If you = love the touch of new car + Like to stand out among crowds + have spare $10K around + Hardcore Euro enthusiast = Go for it!!

$32K for the trade in is bloody good.. but just make sure your dealer dont put the new car price unreasonably high..

industrie
20-07-2005, 11:02 AM
everyones right..if you love it and the look and have an extra 10k to splurge go for it...in the end you will be happy with the product...if not just spend 10k on the standard kit, rims, dump her, tint and you will still have 5k left over for yourself...

nEUROtic
20-07-2005, 11:03 AM
I love my red standard :) But definately get it tinted.

albii
20-07-2005, 04:56 PM
bingo

panda[cRx]
20-07-2005, 05:27 PM

yeah i agree. my neighbour has one. it just doesnt have the same....'sexiness' (for lack of a better word) that the darker colours have:thumbdwn:

EuroAccord13
20-07-2005, 07:26 PM
The new Milano Red will look better anytime than the maroon coloured ones offered....:D

yfin
20-07-2005, 07:41 PM
The new Milano Red will look better anytime than the maroon coloured ones offered....:D

Yes you are right. My comment about Milano Red looking the worst is subject to the maroon coloured Euros. Not a fan. I think Honda stopped selling that colour in 2003.

Aratahu
20-07-2005, 07:59 PM
Yes you are right. My comment about Milano Red looking the worst is subject to the maroon coloured Euros. Not a fan. I think Honda stopped selling that colour in 2003.

Hehe, that was the very question I asked in #10 ;)

Thorn2004
20-07-2005, 09:12 PM
I love my red standard :) But definately get it tinted.

Got some more pics of your milano red euro? :)

fabcat
20-07-2005, 09:20 PM
... Now I have spoken to my dealer and they reckon there is a Australia wide sale on this Weekend, so I was thinking about mosing on over to take a look. ...

Just saw an add on Sydney TV for this sale. It is Saturday 23/7/2005 only and they are paying for stuff like rego and compulsary 3rd party insurance on all hondas and you get 5 year warrantee. You can view the tv add on the honda web site.

EuroAccord13
20-07-2005, 10:03 PM
Just saw an add on Sydney TV for this sale. It is Saturday 23/7/2005 only and they are paying for stuff like rego and compulsary 3rd party insurance on all hondas and you get 5 year warrantee. You can view the tv add on the honda web site.

Honda holds a yearly ONE YEAR Sale.... I got an invite from my dealer, offering me lots of goodies for another new car LOL

Aratahu
21-07-2005, 12:38 AM
The roadside assist card is great value, in my opinion - especially if you do some travelling from state to state. One number, wherever you go. I've only had to call them once and they did an amazing job of patching the job through to RACV for me. I'm not sure what RACV's phone centres are like, but there was pretty much zero wait time on Honda's end for me.

V205
21-07-2005, 09:01 AM
Let us know which way you decide to go. I'm interested in knowing. :)

h22a accord
21-07-2005, 09:40 AM
i like the red in the luxury as well.

I can say that a dirty red euro doesnt look that bad at all. I have to clean one every 3 weeks for a customer. I say go for it mate!

coladuna
21-07-2005, 12:04 PM
$10K can buy you a lot of mods, think about it. Can get you a lot of performance mods or turn your existing Euro into the luxury with spare change. Let's see:

HID's - good but you can get a kit for less than $500.
17" rims - get some branded rims of your choice for $2K with rubber.
Leather - easily retrimmed for around $2K...maybe less.
Heated seats - gimik.
Rain sensing wipers - gimik.
Sunroof - good on sunny days. Can live without cos I live in Melb.

$5K to make a std Euro into a Luxury. Add a full OEM kit for $2500. Still $2.5K left. Enough to get coilovers, swaybars AND maybe a CAI. There is so much you can do with $10K, trust me. Keep your change and do something better with it.

Why would you spend that sort of money to make a standard Euro look like a luxury Euro? It's even a bigger waste of money since when it comes to selling it, it'll still be a standard Euro. Nobody except a few car nuts buying privately will care if you have mods or not. Therefore, it's the worst suggestion anyone has ever made here. IMO, just stick to the standard Euro since he's bought one already and save the money.

BTW, standard Euro owners will never know how great the heated leather seats are. They call it a gimmick because they never had the luxury of using it in cold weather. :thumbdwn:

aaronx88
21-07-2005, 12:54 PM
BTW, standard Euro owners will never know how great the heated leather seats are. They call it a gimmick because they never had the luxury of using it in cold weather. :thumbdwn:

The heated seats are great especially in cold bitter winter. The only grip I have is that the passenger side seat is not fully heated, only your ass get heated. I wasn't even told when I bought the car and I thought it was faulty until I read the manual.

baboo
21-07-2005, 01:22 PM
once your ass is warm, your whole body is warm. That's the general idea.

Heated seats are really useful at this time of the year!!

aaronng
21-07-2005, 01:33 PM
But but, we don't need seat warmers in the first place because our seats are not cold in winter! Now, all I need is a gear knob warmer.

VirIIx
21-07-2005, 01:55 PM
lol...

I wish we had heated side mirrors. Miss that feature from my old car, but the heated seats are damn nice, keeps u all nice and warm with the aircon as well. Just don't make it too warm and comfy or you'll fall asleep inside the car ;)

V205
21-07-2005, 02:06 PM
So the driver side's back is also heated?

The heated seats are great especially in cold bitter winter. The only grip I have is that the passenger side seat is not fully heated, only your ass get heated. I wasn't even told when I bought the car and I thought it was faulty until I read the manual.

aaronng
21-07-2005, 02:35 PM
lol...

I wish we had heated side mirrors. Miss that feature from my old car, but the heated seats are damn nice, keeps u all nice and warm with the aircon as well. Just don't make it too warm and comfy or you'll fall asleep inside the car ;)
What does it do? Stop the side mirrors from fogging? So far I haven't experienced side mirror fogging yet (coldest that I've brought my car to was 3 degrees in the Blue Mountains)

baboo
21-07-2005, 03:40 PM
But but, we don't need seat warmers in the first place because our seats are not cold in winter! Now, all I need is a gear knob warmer.

Leather maaaaatttteee~

Aratahu
21-07-2005, 03:49 PM
What does it do? Stop the side mirrors from fogging? So far I haven't experienced side mirror fogging yet (coldest that I've brought my car to was 3 degrees in the Blue Mountains)

Handy for when you'd otherwise have to scrape ice off them mirrors. Try a few -30c winters and you'd really appreciate them - the number of times I scaped my father's then-cool Toyota Camry back home when younger makes me think they would have been great.

It was so cold we needed to run an engine warmer system off the garage's mains in order to be able to start it in the morning. My little 50cc power castrated moped didn't have such luxuries and doing morning paper runs it'd at worst take me about 15 minutes to kickstart the thing. Quite fun to ride in the snow and on the ice though!! :)

aaronng
21-07-2005, 03:56 PM
Handy for when you'd otherwise have to scrape ice off them mirrors. Try a few -30c winters and you'd really appreciate them - the number of times I scaped my father's then-cool Toyota Camry back home when younger makes me think they would have been great.

It was so cold we needed to run an engine warmer system off the garage's mains in order to be able to start it in the morning. My little 50cc power castrated moped didn't have such luxuries and doing morning paper runs it'd at worst take me about 15 minutes to kickstart the thing. Quite fun to ride in the snow and on the ice though!! :)
Man, I'm glad we don't have -30 C winters here. Is there anywhere in Vic that has that kind of temperatures?

I think Australia does not have that cold a temperature, so they omitted the heated mirrors to cut costs.

yfin
21-07-2005, 04:01 PM
Why would you spend that sort of money to make a standard Euro look like a luxury Euro? It's even a bigger waste of money since when it comes to selling it, it'll still be a standard Euro. Nobody except a few car nuts buying privately will care if you have mods or not. Therefore, it's the worst suggestion anyone has ever made here. IMO, just stick to the standard Euro since he's bought one already and save the money.

Coladauna - it is unfair to say this is worst suggestion ever. The member was merely suggesting that with $10k lots of things can be purchased including coilovers, leather seats, etc. Not everyone cares about resale - if you keep the car for a reasonably long time (eg 7+ years) the difference in resale between a lux and a standard Euro is going to be peanuts. Have a look at how much 10 year old luxury cars are worth. People seem to only want new cars these days.

aaronng
21-07-2005, 04:26 PM
Leather maaaaatttteee~
I have the Honda aluminium knob. But my sparco gloves keep my hands warm in winter. I just don't like having to explain during RBT why I have a pair of red sparco gloves on.

albii
21-07-2005, 04:55 PM
Coladauna - it is unfair to say this is worst suggestion ever. The member was merely suggesting that with $10k lots of things can be purchased including coilovers, leather seats, etc. Not everyone cares about resale - if you keep the car for a reasonably long time (eg 7+ years) the difference in resale between a lux and a standard Euro is going to be peanuts. Have a look at how much 10 year old luxury cars are worth. People seem to only want new cars these days.
thats right.............btw the standard has held its value very well as i have seen 03s selling for about 32k still with about 30000km .

VirIIx
21-07-2005, 05:28 PM
I have the Honda aluminium knob. But my sparco gloves keep my hands warm in winter. I just don't like having to explain during RBT why I have a pair of red sparco gloves on.

lol... i guess having an aluminium knob in summer isn't that hot crash either?

As far as re-sell goes, if you look at the big old luxury models eg BMW 7 series, they're cheap as dirt compared to their 3 series cousins.

I'm surprised a standard Euro 03/04 has a resell value that high, especially with that kind of mileage too.

In theory my car should be worth 35-38K :D :thumbsup:

aaronng
21-07-2005, 06:34 PM
lol... i guess having an aluminium knob in summer isn't that hot crash either?
As long as the sun doesn't shine directly onto it, I'm fine. I can escape the sun, but I can't escape the cold. :D

albii
21-07-2005, 09:57 PM
I'm surprised a standard Euro 03/04 has a resell value that high, especially with that kind of mileage too.

In theory my car should be worth 35-38K :D :thumbsup:
iam talking about brisbane.......dont know what theyre worth in sydney but i'm guessing less because there is more cars in sydney..

Slugoid
22-07-2005, 01:51 AM
Why would you spend that sort of money to make a standard Euro look like a luxury Euro? It's even a bigger waste of money since when it comes to selling it, it'll still be a standard Euro. Nobody except a few car nuts buying privately will care if you have mods or not. Therefore, it's the worst suggestion anyone has ever made here. IMO, just stick to the standard Euro since he's bought one already and save the money. Learn to read as well "Keep your change and do something better with it". That was my final suggestion.

Thanks for the "positive" reply there. Those were mearly examples how money can be spent if he really wanted the more useful extra's in the luxury and have money left over. The author of this topic asked whether he should upgrade to a luxury Euro for $10K, and the reason why he want the luxury one is mainly because of the features. So I said $10K can get him a lot of things for his std Euro (if he wants to) to make it look and feel like the luxury one. I never said anything about the resale price of the Euro .

Oh yeah, just like to let you know I have a luxury Euro as well, so I've had the "luxury" to use the heated seats as well :rolleyes:. It's nice to use it duing the cold weather now, but it's something I can live without.

VirIIx
22-07-2005, 09:05 AM
iam talking about brisbane.......dont know what theyre worth in sydney but i'm guessing less because there is more cars in sydney..

Or the market just plain sucks and is expensive but we've all learnt to deal about it :) *stops crying*

Just going OT, my mate is flying to QLD to pick up a 20 month old Nissan 350z - only done 7000k mileage. He wouldn't tell me how much, but hey, $60 bux to fly up, tank a petrol on the way down - why not if it's gonna save you a few thousand :)

coladuna
22-07-2005, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the "positive" reply there. Those were mearly examples how money can be spent if he really wanted the more useful extra's in the luxury and have money left over. The author of this topic asked whether he should upgrade to a luxury Euro for $10K, and the reason why he want the luxury one is mainly because of the features. So I said $10K can get him a lot of things for his std Euro (if he wants to) to make it look and feel like the luxury one. I never said anything about the resale price of the Euro .

and your point is?
he asked if it's WORTH upgrading to luxury model.
You suggested an option that is most undesirable,at least from a financial perspective.
Since you blindly only thought of getting a std euro to look like a luxury euro, I added another variable for the OP to think about and if that's pissing you off, I don't give a crap.

BTW, I never said you said anything about the resale price of the Euro. I just added that to remind the OP how much of a bad financial decision it is to change his car that soon and I don't see much point as he's not looking to change to a car that's drastically different to his current car. If you were clever enough to point out the resale value side of things, I wouldn't even have posted. ok? lol

Slugoid
22-07-2005, 01:40 PM
Each to their own I guess. Given the choice I would keep the standard Euro too. Since we both share the same final decision, I'll leave it at that. I thank other members here who at least acknowledge some valid point in my post.

albii
22-07-2005, 03:45 PM
Each to their own I guess. Given the choice I would keep the standard Euro too. Since we both share the same final decision, I'll leave it at that. I thank other members here who at least acknowledge some valid point in my post.
yes and you do bring up a knowledgable one unlike some ppl who like to argue for the sake of it.......... :wave:

coladuna
23-07-2005, 11:18 AM
yes and you do bring up a knowledgable one unlike some ppl who like to argue for the sake of it.......... :wave:

Yeah totally agree with you there.

[***YFIN edit - lets keep things friendly Coladuna]

albii
23-07-2005, 01:26 PM
haha..........

Thorn2004
23-07-2005, 09:19 PM
UPDATE:

Ok so I ventured into my dealership today and saw the stocked up Luxury Milano Red Euro in person... all I can say is WOW! Dark tints, sideskirts, underspoiler front and back, black leather interior, tinted sunroof, spoiler, all looking shiny and pretty... seriously, I thaught the ABP was nice untill I saw this one sitting on the showroom floor!

I crunched some basic figures and they did an evaluation of my current Euro, they are offering 29K not 32 like the dude originally offered, and we have one of the owners of the dealership looking at getting the best deal possible since we are already customers there. Going back tomorrow morning, - Sunday Morning to crunch some more figures, but at this stage the extra 4 grand for sideskirts and the underspoilers is probably going to push it too far. We are trying to get the tints and spoiler thrown in for free, but everything else will have to wait :(

I will take some pics of her tomorrow morning, you guys will see what I am talking about :) Should have seen all the folks milling around this Euro, hopping in and out... free 5 year roadside, free Rego, 5 year Warranty... good time to buy :)

Aratahu
23-07-2005, 10:14 PM
The gap you'll be left covering might be about 14k or so and thus may not be the most economical idea, but if it is what your heart wants & the pocket can afford it ... hehe, go for it man! :)

5y roadside and warranty is nice, especially if you're planning on keeping it for a longer period this time. I like having that one card with one number to call if I should ever get in trouble.

Looking forward to seeing those shots, please upload some high res ones?!

gldsaucer
23-07-2005, 11:27 PM
UPDATE:

Ok so I ventured into my dealership today and saw the stocked up Luxury Milano Red Euro in person... all I can say is WOW! Dark tints, sideskirts, underspoiler front and back, black leather interior, tinted sunroof, spoiler, all looking shiny and pretty... seriously, I thaught the ABP was nice untill I saw this one sitting on the showroom floor!

I crunched some basic figures and they did an evaluation of my current Euro, they are offering 29K not 32 like the dude originally offered, and we have one of the owners of the dealership looking at getting the best deal possible since we are already customers there. Going back tomorrow morning, - Sunday Morning to crunch some more figures, but at this stage the extra 4 grand for sideskirts and the underspoilers is probably going to push it too far. We are trying to get the tints and spoiler thrown in for free, but everything else will have to wait :(

I will take some pics of her tomorrow morning, you guys will see what I am talking about :) Should have seen all the folks milling around this Euro, hopping in and out... free 5 year roadside, free Rego, 5 year Warranty... good time to buy :)

i told ya they will not offer 32k!:)29k is a good price though..i would go for it..
anyway goodluck with ur decision mate..take more pics...hehe..
which honda dealer u went to?

Thorn2004
24-07-2005, 01:36 AM
The gap you'll be left covering might be about 14k or so and thus may not be the most economical idea, but if it is what your heart wants & the pocket can afford it ... hehe, go for it man! :)

5y roadside and warranty is nice, especially if you're planning on keeping it for a longer period this time. I like having that one card with one number to call if I should ever get in trouble.

Looking forward to seeing those shots, please upload some high res ones?!

Yeah 48K drive away I am pretty sure they said, if they throw tints and a spoiler in I might be tempted, too early to say though! I just bought a 800 dollar digital camera, I will take some happy snaps when I go in there today, already saw some people taking photo's of this Milano red Euro so I won't feel stupid ;)

Thorn2004
24-07-2005, 01:38 AM
i told ya they will not offer 32k!:)29k is a good price though..i would go for it..
anyway goodluck with ur decision mate..take more pics...hehe..
which honda dealer u went to?

Yeah 29 is a good price according to them too, they reckon the most they will make on it is like 3 grand, and only because there is a spoiler and ming tints on it too.

I am dealing with Essendon Honda, fomerly known as Josh Sady, but he retired, met one of the new owners today, nice fella.

PNR888
24-07-2005, 09:35 AM
Best of Luck with your negotiation today... Are you sure you need 5 year warranty?? (dont get mad, just joking.) I got extended warranty when I purchased my car as I am not in the position of changing car every couple of years..

Red is surely very seductive....

Thorn2004
24-07-2005, 06:16 PM
Did the paperwork today so I guess I am getting one :) Well it ended up 46k driveaway, 30K for tradein in the end with Ming Tints, a Spoiler, a full tank of petrol, floormats and some touchup paint thrown in. I did take some happy snaps of the one on the floor, some are a little blurry coz I can't hold a camera still obviously but most are ok! Keep in mind I couldn't afford the sideskirts or underspoilers as that would have pushed the price over 50K which means you have to pay more tax etc, although the dude I spoke to reckons he will give us the sportskit at cost price!

Thorn2004
24-07-2005, 06:19 PM
Ok I made up a picture gallery and added it to my current Euro gallery at cardomain, images around 400K when enlarged and in 1280X960 res. These are of course of the red kitted out Euro on the showroom floor of my dealership.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/795907/3

Nice Eh? :D Some came out blurry but you get the general gist, definatly sportier than my blue, catches the eye more.

aaronx88
24-07-2005, 06:25 PM
Congrats on the new purchase. Guess you have to update your signature :D When is the expected delivery date?

Aaron

gldsaucer
24-07-2005, 07:11 PM
Ok I made up a picture gallery and added it to my current Euro gallery at cardomain, images around 400K when enlarged and in 1280X960 res. These are of course of the red kitted out Euro on the showroom floor of my dealership.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/795907/3

Nice Eh? :D Some came out blurry but you get the general gist, definatly sportier than my blue, catches the eye more.

awesome..good choise there..is that the car that u will be getting?cos it has got full bodykit..awesome i must say..

btw how come 46k?shouldnt they go like $42.5k for the luxury?cos its like their one-day sale on sat yeah?

yfin
24-07-2005, 09:04 PM
Congratulations man! Probably not the best financial decision ($16k changeover for essentially the same car) - but money isn't everything.

I am sure the excitement you get the day you pick it up will be worth every cent.

Aratahu
24-07-2005, 09:22 PM
Looks great mate, congratulations! I also made my purchase at Essendon Honda [unless someone has made an exact duplicate of their showroom that is! :D] and was very happy with the quality of service there. Looking forward to more shots of your very own car once delivered!

Thorn2004
24-07-2005, 09:46 PM
Congrats on the new purchase. Guess you have to update your signature :D When is the expected delivery date?

Aaron

Thx dude, not sure on the delivery date, they will call back and let us know when they have had a look around for one, hope we don't have to wait for a delivery from Japan :(

Thorn2004
24-07-2005, 09:49 PM
awesome..good choise there..is that the car that u will be getting?cos it has got full bodykit..awesome i must say..

btw how come 46k?shouldnt they go like $42.5k for the luxury?cos its like their one-day sale on sat yeah?

Minus the sideskirts and underspoilers yeah, couldnt afford the extra 4 grand because that would push the price over 50K, that is in another tax bracket and means we would have to pay 5 percent instead of 4, adds a fair bit. But my dealer dude reckons he will give the sports kit to us at cost price which is cool, will do that a few months down the track.

They wouldn't deal too much over the price of the car, they did up our tradein 3 grand and throw a spoiler and tints, matts in for the same price so I guess it wasn't too bad a deal.

Thorn2004
24-07-2005, 09:54 PM
Congratulations man! Probably not the best financial decision ($16k changeover for essentially the same car) - but money isn't everything.

I am sure the excitement you get the day you pick it up will be worth every cent.

Well the things that made me (and my missus) decide to go up to the luxury overwayed the extra cost as far as we were concerned. For starters the driver side door needed repainting coz of the scrape on it, 400 bucks worth, we won't fix that now, they can ;) It is also due for its 20k service, that is 290 bucks, we won't do that either, so that is pretty much 700 bucks worth of savings! The leather seats were a plus coz of our cat shedding hair onto our cloths and covering our seats all of the time, then there is the fact that we like the new 17 inch rims, and the new suspension to go with it.... plus we liked the red ALOT, and gathering by the amount of people looking at this one on the showroom floor we wern't the only ones :) The repayment is pretty much the same, 100 bucks a month more, and it is only 12 months added onto the current loan so it worked out ok, worth the cost we reckon.

yfin
24-07-2005, 10:00 PM
Well the things that made me (and my missus) decide to go up to the luxury overwayed the extra cost as far as we were concerned. For starters the driver side door needed repainting coz of the scrape on it, 400 bucks worth, we won't fix that now, they can ;) It is also due for its 20k service, that is 290 bucks, we won't do that either, so that is pretty much 700 bucks worth of savings! The leather seats were a plus coz of our cat shedding hair onto our cloths and covering our seats all of the time, then there is the fact that we like the new 17 inch rims, and the new suspension to go with it.... plus we liked the red ALOT, and gathering by the amount of people looking at this one on the showroom floor we wern't the only ones :) The repayment is pretty much the same, 100 bucks a month more, and it is only 12 months added onto the current loan so it worked out ok, worth the cost we reckon.

You don't need to justify it to me! You forgot to mention the curtain airbags - could save your life.

Thorn2004
24-07-2005, 10:02 PM
Here is a few of the pics for those who don't wanna go to my cardomain page ;) Remember this is the same as the one I am getting minus the sideskirts and underspoilers!

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/795000-795999/795907_25_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/795000-795999/795907_21_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/795000-795999/795907_19_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/795000-795999/795907_23_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/795000-795999/795907_22_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/795000-795999/795907_26_full.jpg

Tell me she isn't sexy, I dare you :D

Thorn2004
24-07-2005, 10:04 PM
You don't need to justify it to me! You forgot to mention the curtain airbags - could save your life.

Right, I forgot about that, curtain airbags, a good safety option :)

PNR888
24-07-2005, 10:10 PM
Congratulation. You have fullfilled your dream!

Is your dealer getting you a new car?? or they just going to strip down the side skirts and body kits from the one in the show room??

albii
24-07-2005, 10:14 PM
Tell me she isn't sexy, I dare you :D
congratulations good to here that you are happy and i guess that means more than the dollar...but sorry i still dont like the red ,give me silver or graphite anyday........ :D

Thorn2004
24-07-2005, 10:53 PM
Congratulation. You have fullfilled your dream!

Is your dealer getting you a new car?? or they just going to strip down the side skirts and body kits from the one in the show room??

Very good question, I was just wondering about that myself before, I guess if they are struggling to find one around Melbourne they may just do that!

Thorn2004
24-07-2005, 10:55 PM
congratulations good to here that you are happy and i guess that means more than the dollar...but sorry i still dont like the red ,give me silver or graphite anyday........ :D

Each to their own, but did you actually look at those pics I posted lol? Tell me she isn't just a little bit sexy, sporty, doesn't catch your eye more than a siver or black euro? :D I think the nice deep milano red attracts your attention, always liked red cars but that may be just me :)

Aratahu
24-07-2005, 11:04 PM
Imo, the milano I saw in the shopping mall was just purrrfect - showrooms don't have the nicest colour surroundings to bring the best out of the car. Any unless you have a $$it hot SLR lens you may want to use a tripod for indoor shots... ;) I want a Nikon D70s myself, when I get one you won't be able to stop me posting shots...

Now, I prefer the black @ night as it is very enchanting. But that sparkling clean milano on a sunny day was even better.

Btw, for the value of curtain airbags - check out this article (http://www.iihs.org/news_releases/2003/pr082603.htm) . It was in fact one of the main reasons why I went luxury over standard.

aaronx88
25-07-2005, 12:47 AM
Very good question, I was just wondering about that myself before, I guess if they are struggling to find one around Melbourne they may just do that!

If they are going to do that, tell them dont bother to strip her and deliver the car as it is to you since it is a demo car and should cost less than a brand new car.

baboo
25-07-2005, 09:33 AM
Sweet!! Congrats, the red colour is definately growing on me.

albii
25-07-2005, 04:49 PM
Each to their own, but did you actually look at those pics I posted lol? Tell me she isn't just a little bit sexy, sporty, doesn't catch your eye more than a siver or black euro? :D I think the nice deep milano red attracts your attention, always liked red cars but that may be just me :)
na :D sorry......hey you got to like it not everyone around you........in my opinion silver first and graphite second is MY preference.....my opinion is that even though it is a nice red it just doesnt suit the euro....

evolution42
25-07-2005, 07:38 PM
totally agree with albii

Thorn2004
25-07-2005, 08:43 PM
If they are going to do that, tell them dont bother to strip her and deliver the car as it is to you since it is a demo car and should cost less than a brand new car.

Yeah I am hopin it is a demo with like 1K on it, that way I can get the sideskirts etc thrown in for the same price... might be wishfull thinking but I won't know untill I ask :)

Thorn2004
25-07-2005, 08:47 PM
na :D sorry......hey you got to like it not everyone around you........in my opinion silver first and graphite second is MY preference.....my opinion is that even though it is a nice red it just doesnt suit the euro....

Well that is the freedom of choice :) What other color was I meant to get anyhow, black? Nah don't like the ivory interior, ABP? I already own one of those, would like something different... Silver? See WAY too many Silver Luxuries floatin around with full sports kit etc, I sort of like different colors, colors that attract the eye. The ABP certainly did that, got alot of compliments... but the red should do the same I am guessing.

euro77
25-07-2005, 09:17 PM
congrats on your purchase man. Now bring the car when we have a melbourne meet :D

gldsaucer
25-07-2005, 09:39 PM
mate, i thought u are getting a brand new euro with a price tag of 46k?how come demo?

Thorn2004
25-07-2005, 11:01 PM
mate, i thought u are getting a brand new euro with a price tag of 46k?how come demo?

I am lol, I was just throwing around the idea of getting the one on the showroom floor with the bodykit thrown in for the same price, I really doubt that will happen, more likely I will get another BRAND new one :)

SSML
25-07-2005, 11:58 PM
good to hear ur final decision. Red definately is very eye catching.

u also can enjoy power operated front seats with heating function.. which will be great for cold melbourne winter.

Thorn2004
27-07-2005, 08:38 PM
Well it is official, getting my new Milano Red Luxury with Tints and Spoiler next week. They already have one in stock, just gotta tint the windows and the sunroof and throw the spoiler on.... can't wait to take some happy snaps and show you guys :) Will let you know when I pick her up .... I can't believe this but I am actually excited, like when I picked up my current Euro... its like a disease, new car disease... I think I am addicted lol :D Damn you Honda for making such a nice car :D