PDA

View Full Version : dc2 front bumper

tengsta
20-07-2005, 12:36 AM
hey ppplz
this may haave been asked before, but i read them already and i am kinda confused
i just need clarification ....

say i have a 94 dc2 and i want the 98+ front bumper...
i need to change the lights to the 98+ ones??
is dat it?? nuthin else needs changin.... or do i also have to change the fog lights to 98+ model ones??

i saw these lights and was wondering if they would fit on the 94 dc2

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-01-ACURA-INTEGRA-HALO-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHTS-BLK-99-00_W0QQitemZ7987894507QQcategoryZ33710QQrdZ1QQcmdZ ViewItem

there pretty sick and yeah were dc2 lights always projectors???

hope to hear from yahs :D

kOncept
20-07-2005, 03:45 AM
by fog lights do you mean the indicator and parker light on the front bumper?
if so, yes you'll have to buy the 98+ ones too, they are different.
the headlights are also different so yes you'll need new headlights too

those headlights on ebay are for the 98-01 model integras so they won't fit your 94 front bumper...

other than that i don't know any other reasons why they wouldn't fit... i'm not sure whether the supports for the headlights are different.

Boost
20-07-2005, 08:30 AM
yikes... what are those?.. one other problem that most dont realise is that if you buy from the US guys .. the projectors inside have shields that are made for left hand drive... we drive on the RHS so those US lights will 100% blind on coming traffic.. and u will be defect... get local ones.. or ones made for RHD..
In regards to parts... to get facelifted you will need, front bumper, corner lights/front indicators, and new 98-01 headlights..
Check out my FS thead.. everything except the rear bumper you will need...
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23845

zorrt
20-07-2005, 08:53 AM
man i love those lights but don't think it'll suit the dc2 tho but personal preference. Looks hot as on the eg tho.

tengsta
20-07-2005, 02:36 PM
by fog lights do you mean the indicator and parker light on the front bumper?

those headlights on ebay are for the 98-01 model integras so they won't fit your 94 front bumper...

yeah i mean to side indicators :P

yeah but if i get the 98-01 bumper i can get those lights yeah? and they should fit onto the 94dc2 ??

tengsta
20-07-2005, 02:48 PM
the projectors inside have shields that are made for left hand drive... we drive on the RHS so those US lights will 100% blind on coming traffic.. and u will be defect...

wat do u mean by the shields??
are this the shields?? lOL mi badd im a noob .. :P

dfa

tengsta
20-07-2005, 02:53 PM
lOL can u show me by a pciture coz i dont noe how to put pcitures up :( it didnt work

tRipitaka
20-07-2005, 04:00 PM
put a link to the image in those brackets..

tengsta
20-07-2005, 04:19 PM
ok hopes this works
is this wat u mean by sheilds??

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTAwOTE5NDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

jdmlvn
20-07-2005, 04:34 PM
ask Qball he should know

Boost
21-07-2005, 10:28 AM
hey tengsta.. no those are not the shields... thats the high beam.. :)
The shields are inside the low beam projectors.. they are there to block off any lumens above the cut off... if they are not there.. the lumens can not be controlled and will project outwards in all direction... this is the reason why headlights with projectors are superior over reflectors .. since reflectors produce lumens which are uncontrollable.. LHD cars have shields that cover the left side .. on the other hand.. RHD cars have shields that cover the Right side.. this is to prevent lumens from blinding on coming traffic.. Also this is the reason why projector headlights fitted with HIDs is alot safer for oncoming traffic since the projector shields blocks on unwanted lumens.. Where as reflectors dont have any shields.. so HID inside reflector headlights are not as safe for on coming drivers.. Hope this helps.. if you need to know what shields look like.. let me know.. sEE ya!

tengsta
21-07-2005, 01:18 PM
LOL yes please sorry but im very dum :P

if i do get those american ones any way to control it?

Boost
21-07-2005, 05:27 PM
hahah no one is dum!.. just lazy.. um.. nar theres no way to control it.. its the shield inside the projector. sitting in front of the bulb before the light shoots out the front of the headlight... u will need to get RHD headlgihts..

tengsta
21-07-2005, 10:57 PM
aww dammit i welll :P

how bout blue light projectors ?? i dont think they will be very bright

Boost
21-07-2005, 11:05 PM
blue has neve been legal.. and no they dont produce much lumens..

tengsta
21-07-2005, 11:33 PM
i noe a better idea... can u swap the projector with the other side

so right goes on left and left goes on right??

THE_MASS
21-07-2005, 11:33 PM
just stick with the ones you got. there heaps good
id prefer the the normal bar to the face-lift bar anytime.
but, thats my preference :)