PDA

View Full Version : Computer burned out??

Rico
20-07-2005, 12:09 PM
It's been a week and a half since I left my car at my Honda dealer's service station to fix my brakes (remember that clog clog clog noise I talked about a couple of weeks back?) and the D4 light not lighting up, anyways, they told me it would take a day to fix. Next day I get a call from the dealer telling me to come back in a weeks time as it's gonna take them a while to fix odd..anyways a week later they tell me its fixed however a new problem has arisen...now apparently the computer in the car was programed for a manual car (mines auto :o ) so they told me it's gonna take a week to replace that, now nearly a week later they ring me again saying that the computer has burned out and that it's gonna take them 3 weeks to fix??!?!? Has anyone ever heard of a computer burning out and if so how does that happen? Does it really take 3 weeks to fix a burned out computer? When I brought my car in, all I needed fixing was the brakes and D4 light now this shit arises?? Thank god its all under warranty...perfect timing too as I start uni next week and now have to take shitty public transport...

aaronng
20-07-2005, 01:22 PM
Ask for free service for the remaining life of the car.

h22a accord
20-07-2005, 02:13 PM
dang, thats a PITA, as you said, its under warranty so at least u wont have to foot the bill. A new computer from honda parts can be over $2000.00

Rufes1
20-07-2005, 02:57 PM
yeh thats if thyre not bullshitting about the problem..

Go in there and talk to them, ask to see the car and get them to point out exactly what work is being done. Its your car, your right to know

Rico
20-07-2005, 03:04 PM
The only thing is that the dealer is like across half the city, bout 1.5 hours drive for me, so it's kind of a trek, especially as I don't have a car to drive there, the train system is even longer...
they told me they have to import a new computer from japan as all the computers they have at their disposal won't work in my car.