PDA

View Full Version : Design me a setup, :p

Bol
10-02-2004, 06:37 PM
Ok, i'm lazy i know but seeing as i dont know too much about car audio i need some help.

I'll be looking at a H/U and speakers to start with and later on getting an amp and sub. Is there any disadvantage in doing this?

Just say i had a budget of $400-500 for the H/U and speakers, i'd like to get Pioneer but i suppose it isn't crutial.

So i'd need some 6" speakers for the front and a decent H/U.

any suggestions? thanks ;)

VTEC16
10-02-2004, 08:04 PM
Your problem is that if you want a good front stage.....you need tweeters and splits up front, which unfortunately will require you to run an amp.

So basically... buy the head unit now *..... and get a sub, 4-channel amp and component speakers when you have the cash...

thats my advice anyway...

* if you want a rear sound stage......you could also get some 6X9s in the rear and run them off your h/u.

cheers

vti-2
11-02-2004, 09:22 AM
Unfortunately, $500 for a HU and speakers is not going to get you a decent setup. Why? Cause most decent HU these days with at least 2-3 preouts etc will cost at least $500-600 brand new. Then you need to factor in a decent set of splits (if you want real quality and a good sound stage) which usually start at about $250 for a set. Don't forget sound deadening (for a more solid sound stage), brackets/spacers (for the splits), decent wiring and labour (if you don't do it yourself).

Later on i'd add some amps and subs and leave out the rear speakers (which only ruin your sound stage).

It all comes down to your budget because that is what will determine what you can buy. :)

SIKCVC
08-04-2004, 11:22 PM
.....you need tweeters and splits up front, which unfortunately will require you to run an amp.

since when... I have splits and they ran fine without an amp, granted they rip with one but still. mums avalone also came stock with tweeters and thats fine, not to mention most euro cars come stock with them all un-amped. My friend ran his splits for a while before we hooked up his amp and they also sounded fine. not much louder than stock but FAR better quality.

Fhrx
09-04-2004, 08:12 AM
vti-r is quite correct but if the budget cannot be stretched then something like a Pioneer DEH-P5650MP and Boston FS-60's will do the job splendidly. ;)

A'PEXi
09-04-2004, 10:09 AM
with a tight budget, i dont think you would get top of the range stuff... but maybe something like a jvc mp3 hu and a nice set of components up front would be good :D