PDA

View Full Version : s2000 general maintainence

.::F[L]Y::.
20-07-2005, 07:40 PM
As title says just after some tips on how to maintain the rear plastic window and the soft top maintainence. First question is in regards to keeping the rear plastic window clean, just wanted to know what product do you guys use for ur s2k's? and where can they be purchased from (syd).

second question is in regards to the soft top maintainence. Besides parking undercover, how do you guys prevent the soft top from fading? is there any products that can be used? if so where can they be purchased from?

i have tried running a search on s2ki.com but its appears their search function is broken ;)

cheers

aka_NSX
20-07-2005, 10:20 PM
my panel beater used a fine cut polish to clean my s2k rear window, because he said plastic is just the same like paint so you can treat it the same way, but you better get some other ppl opinion . . .

cheers

s2king
21-07-2005, 01:13 AM
In all honesty, your better of in the long run by converting the convertible to glass window. Its just not worth having the plastic rear window, no defoger I think and no matter what you do, in time the plastic will go yellow. Im prety sure you cant change the plastic for glass since the plastic window is a little bigger size than glass, but you can score the conversion I think if i remember from Honda was like $3000 or there abouts.

hondaboy
21-07-2005, 03:38 PM
you can use cut and polish on the rear plastic window
cut and polish removes the oxidised layer on paint, and plastic also oxidises the same way.
instructions mention cut/polish should not be used on plastics though, only because it might discolour if left on there for a long period of time

21-07-2005, 04:03 PM
thanks guys, its a pity honda didnt make the s2k a hardtop convertible similar to the merc slk...

s2king
21-07-2005, 05:16 PM
Y::.']thanks guys, its a pity honda didnt make the s2k a hardtop convertible similar to the merc slk...

Yeah, people would have mixed feelings about that, coz if it was a hardtop convertible, then it would take much long for the convertible to retract and so fourth. I prety sure the S2000 convertible is the fastest in the world being at 5 seconds or abouts up and down.

type one
22-07-2005, 05:04 PM
has anyone here ever considered get a CF hardtop or even just the standard Honda hardtop? looks much better i think and then no maintenance issues.

CONAN
22-07-2005, 05:31 PM
anymore info on the glass window conversion, first i've heard of it.

22-07-2005, 10:34 PM
there is a DIY on the conversion on s2ki.com was reading it a while ago, looked very tedious, but the glass rear does look so much better than the cheap looking plastic

aimre
10-08-2005, 05:59 PM
you can use cut and polish on the rear plastic window
cut and polish removes the oxidised layer on paint, and plastic also oxidises the same way.
instructions mention cut/polish should not be used on plastics though, only because it might discolour if left on there for a long period of time

plastic doesnt oxide.
UV from the sun breaks it down (thats why they put UV inhibiters in it)

bobble
11-08-2005, 02:51 PM
Use Plexus or Honda Plastic Cleaner

Muz
21-08-2005, 06:21 PM
I have used the Meguiars #10 & #17 every few months with good results and a fair bit of elbow grease.

I use Plexus to maintain in between.

MuzMat (http://www.prestigeautoaccessories.com/store/index.php?cPath=28_39) has protected the inside of my window very well.

IRI
25-08-2005, 12:30 PM
Use Plexus or Honda Plastic Cleaner

yep:thumbsup: