PDA

View Full Version : Civic Type R to come to Oz?

Civic Si
10-02-2004, 10:45 PM
Spoke to someone tonite and he 's pretty confident that da Civic Type R is coming down under! :|

Sez that it's coming out around Oct?

Can someone please confirm this rumour? :)

Think K20A in a lighter body....! :nod:

McChook
10-02-2004, 11:00 PM
won't happen unless someone does an import scheme under SEVS

but, however, if it does come out, i will be the first in line for it.. dunno where I will get the money from, but I must have it

it won't happen.... Honda Australia wouldn't bother - they would see every CTR sale as a lost ITR sale... not true, but that is how they would view it, hense it would not be worth bringing here

We'd be more likely to get the 3 door Si version - they need to spruce up the Civic image BADLY

vti-2
11-02-2004, 08:50 AM
Spoke to someone tonite and he 's pretty confident that da Civic Type R is coming down under! :|

Is this someone inside Honda? How accurate is this information?

Civic Si
11-02-2004, 06:33 PM
There's gonna b a cruise on Saturday nite where da guy who told me is gonna b there, so I'll find out how accurate this info is! :)

My assumption is that it's within da import scene not Aussie delivered!

McChook
11-02-2004, 10:51 PM
yeah, it'll be import. Even so, I will be in for the right price and helping out. I know the right people, so I can get it in a magazine, which helps a lot. That was a main reason why Nissan Stageas got put on the list. So let me know if they need anyone to get it into a performance car mag and I will organise it

eknine
11-02-2004, 11:07 PM
hummm:)

wynode
13-02-2004, 03:13 AM
Hows about a bit more than speculation.........show us some facts ppl! :)

madgrk
13-02-2004, 07:42 AM
I highly doubt that a car of that magnitude could make its way into Australia without a lot of scrutineering beforehand. If it was as easy as everyone says, then there'd be a hell of a lot of them on the road (seeing as they are pretty popular judging by the specs/looks).

If this does happen, it would be a good idea to find out who brought it in, under what legalities it has been brought in, and whether it will be for strictly race use or not.

[[d a n n y]]
13-02-2004, 08:19 AM
civic TYPE-R yes plz

i would love 1

2L i-vtec
11.0 compression
147KW@7400RPM
196NM@5900RPM
best of all 6 speed
6.6 secs to 100KM/H

this is the ultimate hatch :twisted:

Morkz
13-02-2004, 09:44 AM
why would they bring out the civic type-r when it's going to have the same power as the ITR. And even if it did they said it would cost atleast 36k, not many ppl are going to pay that for a civic

McChook
13-02-2004, 09:47 AM
]]
2L i-vtec
11.0 compression
147KW@7400RPM

It has the same engine as the ITR, so it is actually 162kw, like the JDM Type Rs.... and compression is *from memory* 11.4 in the JDM Type Rs

And Honda Australia will never bring them in. NEVER.

why would they bring out the civic type-r when it's going to have the same power as the ITR. And even if it did they said it would cost atleast 36k, not many ppl are going to pay that for a civic

IF HA did bring them in, they would charge more like $40K, to compete with the ITR. They would also have to get one that is detuned to the same engine spec as the ITR. Honda Japan won't like that.

[[d a n n y]]
13-02-2004, 11:05 AM
i recon it's better than a ITR

lighter

same engine

loghter body

faster as well

McChook
13-02-2004, 12:53 PM
the EP3 CTR is a real monster. If they someone imports them, I will drop the 'lude in an instant.

[[d a n n y]]
13-02-2004, 12:56 PM
the EP3 CTR is a real monster. If they someone imports them, I will drop the 'lude in an instant.

i'll drop the lude anywayz :P

joke mate :D

McChook
13-02-2004, 01:00 PM
:x

don't diss the lude... Hopefully, within the month, she will be kicking serious ass....

poid
13-02-2004, 01:47 PM
i do remember Honda Australia looking at the CTR as a possible import if the exchange rates improved, so its a possibility. The reasons given before was that it would be too expensive to sell.

Havent heard anything definite though

McChook
13-02-2004, 01:54 PM
never. HA will not even contemplate it

poid
13-02-2004, 02:25 PM
Honda Australia is considering the hot
three-door Civic Type-R as a low volume
import candidate. Pricing will be the main
issue, as it could not be placed too close
to the soon to be released Integra
Type-R. The base model Civic three-door
is not a candidate for Australia because
the UK-built car would be too expensive.

from http://www.mellor.net/mellor/enews.nsf/edition/E8629928E2A482DECA256A8400210AC8/$file/2001.07.09_enews91.pdf

So HA have definitely contemplated it (though the article here is in 2001, i hav seen one much more recently which i cannot find that said the same thing).

Why wouldnt they think of bringing in a car that would enhance the Honda reputation here?

McChook
13-02-2004, 02:33 PM
Honda only comtemplated the 3 door - we were 3 weeks from receiving it when honda pulled the plug. we were going to see the Si model variant, which is popular in the UK and now in the US. The CTR was never on the cards.

I can only see us ever getting the 3door Si... and now it is too late in the model run, and honda australia have shot themsleves in the feet... They ****ed up bigtime, and they know it.

Setanta
13-02-2004, 04:31 PM
It's been the story with Honda since day one - we have never got the hot hatches. Basically - some idiot in marketing thinks it will encroach on the line-up of another Honda and the plug is pulled. Another reason given is that it would prolly end up in the 50K bracket.
Honda Australia sucks - always has, always will when catering to the performance civic market. Even the '74 RS1200s were private imports.

McChook
13-02-2004, 04:39 PM
The price wouldn't be that high, damn. The re only UKP12,500 in england, which is under $30KAU. The could sell it easy for $40K here, and bring in REAL DC5 Type Rs for $45K.

Honda Australia are the biggest bunch of cowards.. Worse than mitsubishi...

Setanta
13-02-2004, 07:45 PM
50 was what it was touted at when the $ was weaker.

Even if we got the Si it'd be cool.

But nope - no 3 door :?

olda
01-03-2004, 08:40 PM
i do remember Honda Australia looking at the CTR as a possible import if the exchange rates improved, so its a possibility. The reasons given before was that it would be too expensive to sell.

Havent heard anything definite though

The CTR is build in England for European and Japan markets.
Powertrain is exactly the same as the aussie ITR.
DJM ITR has a lot more powerful e/g.
HA will not import the CTR, because it would be T/E and would cannibalise the ITR sales. 8)

VTEChnique
06-04-2004, 05:06 PM
yeah you have to consider Honda Australia's position in the Aussie Market..

they arent going to shoot themselves in the foot by bringing in the CTR from Europe for $40k+ while the Integra type R is like $38k

the Civic has to be placed below the integra in the Honda Line-up.

Now I could see a small possibility of the 3-door Si being released in Australia, but to get that car under $30k would be a logistics nightmare.

HOWEVER the sales of the 7th gen Civic have been far from ground-breaking so I think honda does have an opportunity to stir-up the market.

I think if Toyota and Nissan, even Mitsibishi, release NEW corollas, Pulsars and Lancers all at once, before Honda has the 8th gen civic ready, they MAY release the 3 door Si here in Aus to compete and keep their dwindling brand image for that segment alive.

FYI the Si has the K20 as seen in the Integra iS which like the old SOHC VTEC's it only has the i-VTEC effect on the intake valves, however this motor is DOHC.

Our Aussie Integra 'type R' is basically the same spec as the USDM RSX type S.

The Accord Euro has the K24 which is very similar.

vti-2
06-04-2004, 09:18 PM
HOWEVER the sales of the 7th gen Civic have been far from ground-breaking so I think honda does have an opportunity to stir-up the market.

The reason they haven't sold many is cause they look so damn ugly. It's one of the most boring looking cars Honda have released.

McChook
07-04-2004, 07:52 PM
Are HA really going to release the 3 door Civic Si in Australia though??.... I don't see it happening myself, but more logical than the CTR. It would then effectively kill of my chances of importing the CTR on any scale....

A'PEXi
07-04-2004, 11:41 PM
si is better than no si :D

McChook
07-04-2004, 11:46 PM
IF it does come, and the price is right, I would consider it... and a big fat JDM K20a, with mugen extras.....

Toby
11-04-2004, 10:15 PM
si is better than no si :D

:thumbsup: :nod:

toE
14-04-2004, 01:28 PM
maybe we can do like a group petition and send it in to HA. :)

guess they just dont realize the sales potential, of bringing in a CTR, would do to the Australian Honda market.

well...anywhos..fingers crossed.

Civ_97
04-05-2004, 06:52 PM
when u guys say 2 door Si do u mean the hatch or the coupe? btw does anyone have any design pics of the 8th gen civic or have they not yet started designin it

wynode
04-05-2004, 07:04 PM
CTR doesn't come in a coupe

VTEChnique
11-05-2004, 02:15 PM
when u guys say 2 door Si do u mean the hatch or the coupe? btw does anyone have any design pics of the 8th gen civic or have they not yet started designin it

sorry.. the Si is actually a 3-door hatchy - same as the CTR.. but I love the coupe also.. WAY better than our sedan..

http://www.hondacars.com/images/banners/2004/civic_si/exterior_gallery/photo_06_large.jpg

Civic Type R
11-05-2004, 04:05 PM
I will have an orgasm if the EP3 CTR is sold in Australia.

McChook
11-05-2004, 06:15 PM
There is a guy in Perth and another in Qld working together to get them SEVS eligable and start importing early next year - notice how they ar already on the list (I did that bit), well now it might just come to life

Civ_97
12-05-2004, 11:18 PM
now that honda have said they arnt gonna sell the ITR in aus do u think there is more of a chance that they will bring the CTR over?

McChook
12-05-2004, 11:19 PM
now that honda have said they arnt gonna sell the ITR in aus do u think there is more of a chance that they will bring the CTR over?

Nope, and for the same reasons - petrol, cost, buyers

Speeder
21-08-2004, 07:22 PM
i know the newest CTR are made in england so if it does land in oz, the price would probably be more then a ITR which makes no scense to me.

bizee_1
25-08-2004, 05:21 AM
well i was thinking, if there is no Type-R, no Prelude,
what performance car from Honda is gonna be under the $75K S2000 ? Honda Accord Euro R ??

im :confused:

Setanta
25-08-2004, 05:40 PM
Honda don't care about niche markets in Australia. The CTR is an enthusiast's car and they ruined the enthusiast market with the detuned DC5 "not-an-ITR"

Face it, Accords and CRVs are Honda Australia's bread and butter, they make more money flogging those than having to worry about service and support of a car few people will buy.

We have NEVER got the top model Civic or 'teg or anything else - right back to the 70s when we missed out on the Civic RS1200. 80's 2G "S", '84 Si, '89 SiR, '92 SiR, '96 SiR (VTiR came close but wasn't the same as its JDM EK4 cousin) or CTR...the list goes on. Honda Aust just doesn't care - they wont even help people who private import cars not in their line-up - whereas Honda NZ will.

Cliffs notes: Honda Australia sucks :(

JINRAI
26-08-2004, 01:51 PM
Honda don't care about niche markets in Australia. The CTR is an enthusiast's car and they ruined the enthusiast market with the detuned DC5 "not-an-ITR"

Cliffs notes: Honda Australia sucks :(

Really come on...what do you mean its not an ITR?! What is it then!?!?

SiR
27-08-2004, 03:35 AM
ITR by name, not by nature. ;)

SiR
27-08-2004, 03:36 AM
I would definitely trade my Civic for a CTR or Accord Euro R if either of them made their way over here.

JINRAI
27-08-2004, 09:28 AM
By name and not by nature....it just has different specs! think most people need to get over it....and the worst thing is the actual owners don't seem to be complainin as much...

wyl03
27-08-2004, 01:33 PM
and why would they be complaining after splurging $40+ Ks?

gelo
27-08-2004, 01:40 PM
By name and not by nature....it just has different specs! think most people need to get over it....and the worst thing is the actual owners don't seem to be complainin as much...

different specs....
if i put a recaro interior and badged my car differently
its still not a civic type R is it

JINRAI
27-08-2004, 01:58 PM
different specs....
if i put a recaro interior and badged my car differently
its still not a civic type R is it

That's totally diff, that's definitely not a Type-R...The Aus-spec Type-R is a Type R, it's just not a Jap-Spec one, it's as simple as that...btw, Recaros and badges didn't have to be fitted from stock therefore it is a Type R

JINRAI
27-08-2004, 02:00 PM
and why would they be complaining after splurging $40+ Ks?

better than CXI's splurging 10-15K to convert to CTRs.....

Setanta
27-08-2004, 08:20 PM

The Aussie spec DC5 R is actually a RSX (USDM specs) not ITR (JDM specs). Softer suspension and not as much power for a start.

It's a piss-poor cousin to the real R. Once again Honda Australia gypped its enthusiast market.

jackosimm
27-08-2004, 08:38 PM
it would be sick if they did make it out here...

JINRAI
27-08-2004, 09:17 PM
The Aussie spec DC5 R is actually a RSX (USDM specs) not ITR (JDM specs). Softer suspension and not as much power for a start.

It's a piss-poor cousin to the real R. Once again Honda Australia gypped its enthusiast market.

too tired to keep this going...but callin it a piss-poor cousin is abit harsh considerin is you're drivin an EF

Setanta
27-08-2004, 11:46 PM
too tired to keep this going...but callin it a piss-poor cousin is abit harsh considerin is you're drivin an EF

Oh waaaa... did the little man get his feelings hurt and have to resort to put-downs?

I'm hurt and your argument is obviously so superior to mine :D

Actually, in it's time, my car was the top model of the Civic range in Japan, It's genuine and not some watered-down wannabe. I like it. That's all that matters to me. Your opinion on the other hand, means less to me than belly-button lint. Go cry somewhere else plz.

Cliff's notes: Aussie DC5 is not comperable to it's JDM spec relative, my car > you (regardless of what you drive) due to it having class and you having none.

Have a nice day :)

toE
28-08-2004, 01:52 AM
JINRAI - I suggest you start another thread to argue/debate. I clicked on this topic to find out news about the CTR coming down under...not a debate about DC5s...in other words...Can we get back to the topic?

JINRAI
28-08-2004, 11:03 AM
Oh waaaa... did the little man get his feelings hurt and have to resort to put-downs?

I'm hurt and your argument is obviously so superior to mine :D

Actually, in it's time, my car was the top model of the Civic range in Japan, It's genuine and not some watered-down wannabe. I like it. That's all that matters to me. Your opinion on the other hand, means less to me than belly-button lint. Go cry somewhere else plz.

Cliff's notes: Aussie DC5 is not comperable to it's JDM spec relative, my car > you (regardless of what you drive) due to it having class and you having none.

Have a nice day :)

Lol :) Well talking about class and all...you crack me up...first of all don't bag somethin you probably can't afford and to say the Aus-Spec DC5R is not genuine shows the sort of mentality you have... :rolleyes:

Keepin' fingers crossed for the CTR to be available here but don't think it will

Setanta
30-08-2004, 05:25 PM
/me snickers

I've been working for 19 years now, I guess I just might be able to afford one. :D Then again, I have priorities such as a family etc which come before having a RSX with a pretty Type R badge on it :D

Besides, the DC5 is ugly - along with most modern Hondas :D:D:D

As for the CTR - Honda Aust has said no as there is "no market". SEVs is it. As was the point of my original post which obviously hurt your pride in the DC5, I restate: We have always got watered down varients of every Honda. Why would Honda Au change?

Hmmm... maybe the NSX is the exception, I don't know the JDM/Au spec differences.

civic_mods
30-08-2004, 08:02 PM
if they got the EP3 in here,then should not be so many Corolla Sprotivo in the street now...... :(

bird
05-10-2004, 01:08 PM
why would they stop bringing the ITR to oz and start with the civic?

Euro_Boy
05-10-2004, 05:45 PM
I agree.

Honda are trying to kill of the 'R' brand overall. They want to lose their 'performance' moniker and get into the boring old fuddy duddy market.

When I purchased my euro in early august, I was told that there was only 1 brand new current shape type r for sale and thats it. No more.

Civic Type R to Australia... HA! Yeah right.

F**king Honda! You could kill them but at the end of the day love them at the same time.

bizee_1
06-10-2004, 03:47 AM
October 'tis. CTR 'tis not.
I guess we could confirm it was just a rumour. As WE'd know by now, wouldn't we ?

i actually don't mind the fact that Honda Oz might not have a enthusiast market for some years to come.

aaronng
06-10-2004, 08:38 PM
Honda Australia is a bit sad... Even the JDM 2.4 litre Accord Euro has 147kW instead of our pissy 140kW.. I guess HA decided to use a detuned K24 so that Integra sales would not be affected. Bad idea.... The Euro and Integra markets are vastly different. Even ITR and CTR, those who like coupe would NEVER get a hatch, while those who prefer the space of the hatch would never get a coupe.

SiR
06-10-2004, 10:40 PM
Honda Australia is a bit sad... Even the JDM 2.4 litre Accord Euro has 147kW instead of our pissy 140kW.. I guess HA decided to use a detuned K24 so that Integra sales would not be affected. Bad idea.... The Euro and Integra markets are vastly different. Even ITR and CTR, those who like coupe would NEVER get a hatch, while those who prefer the space of the hatch would never get a coupe.

Blame that on our sh*tty fuel!

aaronng
07-10-2004, 12:19 AM
Blame that on our sh*tty fuel!

The Americans get worse fuel compared to us. Their premium unleaded is 95 RON I think. Yet, their TSX has a K24 that pushes 200hp. So I don't think it's the fuel. The engine makes power from the cams anyway. The fuel used determines how high the compression ratio can be. Euro has 10.5:1, but hey, the Corolla Sportivo runs 11.5:1 and still runs on our shitty 98 RON premium stuff. If highly-tuned Ferraris are seen running around Australia with petrol pump premium fuel, then petrol quality is no excuse, unless of course Ferrari actually sells octane booster to every Ferrari owner. :)

Terry
07-10-2004, 01:17 AM
HA sucks.......they think they can survive just by selling CRV and Jass......why they can bring the bloody hell MDX to here (which didnt sell at all!!) but reject ITR and CTR?........they think by killing ITR they can rise their image to Lexus? it totally doen't make sence to me.....

PS:Honda's product line is getting narrower and narrower and i think they will be marginalise.......

aaronng
07-10-2004, 11:19 AM
I remember reading that HA wanted to have an image like Lexus, and to focus on SUV, luxury sedan and sports sedan. No more hard core Type R. Too bad HA, Toyota can do Toyota+Lexus branding, bring in IS, ES series and also the Corolla Sportivo. Why can't HA something similar. They could have at least did the CTR on a manufacture per order basis like the ITR.

yakuza
02-02-2007, 11:13 PM
Forget about it, Honda Australia just blxxdy hopeless, they only know how to please the old people and forget about Honda's sporty image, it's quite obviously in the last of couple years. At the end, Nissan(S15, Z33 etc), Subaru (WRX, STI,..etc) and Mitsubishi (EVO8,9 & colt Ralliart) shared the oz sporty car market, Finally if u tell you mate or any chicks you have a Honda ---- something like that, they will ask how old are you? you look not that old mate.
Look! Honda's sporty image gone!!

marcus
03-02-2007, 12:10 AM
apart from the s2k...no longer any sporty image in honda ozzie

vupham
03-02-2007, 12:47 AM
Well they had the integra, to me its a much better car than other sport cars like s15 wrx and celicas? The problem is most people dont know about honda integras and its underrated so they r not big with the sales compared to s1 and wrx's. With s2000, who can afford a 70k car and its a convertable too.
I dont really know what the problem is

marcus
03-02-2007, 12:50 AM
hmm...the problem is such cars are taxed tooo much in oz...such cars are much cheaper in the states and britain

matt
03-02-2007, 01:29 AM
surely wrx's and s15 would be taxed at similar levels tho?
definately agree with vupham that the integra is very underated, but australia seems to be fixated with either V8's or turbos so that doesn't surprise me.

yakuza: there are more recent threads about the new CTRso might be worth checking out.

XB-16-AX
16-03-2007, 03:40 PM
do u know if they will come out in the 4dr civic type r?

like the JDM version?

fark i want the 4dr extra doors for the family but with balls!!

JohnnyVtec
16-03-2007, 03:48 PM
The Americans get worse fuel compared to us. Their premium unleaded is 95 RON I think. Yet, their TSX has a K24 that pushes 200hp. So I don't think it's the fuel. The engine makes power from the cams anyway. The fuel used determines how high the compression ratio can be. Euro has 10.5:1, but hey, the Corolla Sportivo runs 11.5:1 and still runs on our shitty 98 RON premium stuff. If highly-tuned Ferraris are seen running around Australia with petrol pump premium fuel, then petrol quality is no excuse, unless of course Ferrari actually sells octane booster to every Ferrari owner. :)

:p Close Aaron,

The Best fuel you can buy from a service station in the states is: 92Ron...

NeoNode
16-03-2007, 06:01 PM
:p Close Aaron,

The Best fuel you can buy from a service station in the states is: 92Ron...
Americans don't use RON to measure fuel octane number. That's why 92 octane in the states is equivalent to 95 RON here.

SIL3Nt
24-05-2007, 06:09 PM
Well I was on my way to work today and i see this car pass me.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/2669/dsc00300vk6.th.jpg (http://img402.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00300vk6.jpg)

Also on the way home from work, I saw another exactly the same but with plates TYPER-3.

dundas
24-05-2007, 06:47 PM
nice333

d15z1SUX
24-05-2007, 10:16 PM
if i see a civic type r in a car raffle ill buy a ticket. lol.

Encor3
25-05-2007, 07:49 AM
if i see a civic type r in a car raffle ill buy a ticket. lol.

i'll buy every ticket you can lol

Drew
28-05-2007, 06:29 PM
Saw a Red one North Coburg

sitta
28-05-2007, 07:36 PM
aih .... so annoying waiting for it to arrive.. since they are not giving the exact date...

nismohks
01-06-2007, 01:21 PM
has honda ever released a final specifications list?

been to the UK website, but can't find information about the transmission (esp info about dsg style auto) as well as if there is a LSD on the manual and/or the auto.

anyone know any more information about this?

Aza
01-06-2007, 02:11 PM
if i saw one i would try to get it to drag me :D

love the new type r's :)

matt
01-06-2007, 02:50 PM
has honda ever released a final specifications list?

been to the UK website, but can't find information about the transmission (esp info about dsg style auto) as well as if there is a LSD on the manual and/or the auto.

anyone know any more information about this?

did you go to this site
http://redh.co.uk/
you can dl the brocher here, presumably the specs we get will be the same
g/box is 6 speed manual only, no LSD.

sitta
01-06-2007, 11:11 PM
if i saw one i would try to get it to drag me :D

love the new type r's :)

that is so ricer like!! omg... u wont win unless u upgrade to k20a

curik
06-06-2007, 12:32 PM
after comparing the specs of the UKDM and JDM type Rs, I would not get the UKDM's at all. Its just as what Jeremy clarkson and Motor magazine said. Lack of torque, expensive, noisy, rides on brick suspension, and extra weight with no upgraded powerplant.

aaronng
06-06-2007, 05:01 PM
I'd rather find out myself through a test drive :p

fasthonda
07-06-2007, 07:50 PM
after comparing the specs of the UKDM and JDM type Rs, I would not get the UKDM's at all. Its just as what Jeremy clarkson and Motor magazine said. Lack of torque, expensive, noisy, rides on brick suspension, and extra weight with no upgraded powerplant.

I can understand the difference between the JDM Type R and the EuroType R
can make one feel a bit cheated.The WRXs ,EVOs and probably others have higher spec cars in Japan than Australia anyway.
Jeremy Clarkson is foremost an entertainer, he loves being controversial and like some journos,don't mind trolling the public.At least a CTR would get him from A to B,not like his expensive POS Ford GT he bought some time ago a real lemon and that was made known on the Top Gear show!Speaking of Top Gear what did the Stig choose as the the Hottest Hatch ?...the CTR!
Magazines such as CAR,AUTOEXPRESS,WhatCar,TOP GEAR all praised the CTR.
The EVO and the AUTOCAR mags were the only ones that thought it could've been better although,AutoCar has very recently had a change of heart after having a Civic R for a longer while and now they're saying it's a great car!
The FN2 aka the CTR,has some stiff competition mainly with turbo competitors and from what I have read on other forums from people that own CTRs,it 's holding up it's own.
It's not the fastest hatch ,however in some 1/4 mile comparisons with turbos it's just as fast or maybe just about 1/10 second slower.I don't consider the 1/4 mile figures to be the most crucial in a hot hatch,just one performance example.The Golf GTI and the Focus XR5 in some tests had similiar 1/4 mile figures to the FN2.
But when all is said and done,a true personal opinion can only be formed by taking it for a test drive.:)

d15z1SUX
07-06-2007, 09:33 PM
i bet best motoring will have a segment where the jdm type r faces off with the euro type r. that would be really interesting to see.

fasthonda
07-06-2007, 09:41 PM
Neither the Euro CTR or the US SI Civic would stand a chance against the JDM CTR.
The following clip best shows why :

http://youtube.com/watch?v=f6LQkP-yJZo

Apologies if already posted.

d15z1SUX
07-06-2007, 09:51 PM
and they should have the ep3r thrown in there for good measure to see whether or not the new type r's are a step forward in performance.

d15z1SUX
07-06-2007, 10:43 PM
wow its pretty good hey. but lol at allthe ff haters that commented on the video in youtube.

Sidor
08-06-2007, 01:35 PM
According to Honda Australia (http://www.honda.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/Honda.com.au/Home/News/Honda+Posts+May+Sales+Record) 16 new Civic Type-R have been already sold !?

Where are they if CTR has not been released yet !

aaronng
08-06-2007, 02:24 PM
and they should have the ep3r thrown in there for good measure to see whether or not the new type r's are a step forward in performance.

The FN2 CTR is already much quicker than the DC5R on Tsukuba. So it will also be just as quick when put against an EP3.

aaronng
08-06-2007, 02:25 PM
According to Honda Australia (http://www.honda.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/Honda.com.au/Home/News/Honda+Posts+May+Sales+Record) 16 new Civic Type-R have been already sold !?

Where are they if CTR has not been released yet !

If you were willing to pay cash upfront without seeing or test driving the CTR, I'm sure you could get one if you were good mates with the dealer or someone at Honda. :)

pkn
08-06-2007, 03:45 PM
I can tell you now that you don't need to be good mates with the dealer or with someone at Honda.

Dealers are taking deposits for them.

Check out the CTR's already rallying in Europe - http://www.jasmotorsport.com

aaronng
08-06-2007, 05:17 PM
I can tell you now that you don't need to be good mates with the dealer or with someone at Honda.

Dealers are taking deposits for them.

Yeah, but a few new CTRs have been spotted on the road, and WITHOUT dealer plates!

pkn
08-06-2007, 06:12 PM
Hmm I dunno how it is down there, but no dealer has a CTR in their possession at this point in time. So I'm thinking it's Honda Australia, but if so, there's only 3, and they are all the one's bought over from the UK. They definitely shouldn't be on the road in any case.

ADM Shipments have just arrived for VIC, and NSW haven't arrived yet, looks like it'll be delayed with the shocking weather we are having up here.

fasthonda
09-06-2007, 05:34 PM
I emailed Honda Australia about spotting the Civic Type R on the road.Below is
their response to my query.

"Thank you for contacting us regarding the Civic Type R.

Presently, the Civic Type R is not available to the general public until the car goes on sale mid-year. However, a number of these vehicles have arrived and are being driven by Honda employees for testing and evaluation purposes.

Kind regards,.......................................... ..........................................."

Tofu
15-06-2007, 08:17 PM
The FN2 CTR is already much quicker than the DC5R on Tsukuba. So it will also be just as quick when put against an EP3.

link?

fasthonda
15-06-2007, 08:26 PM
I think there has been some confusion.It is the FD2(JDM) that laps faster than the DCR5 .The CTR that we have is the FN2.
I don't believe our FN2 is faster than any of the JDM Type Rs.

aaronng
16-06-2007, 01:44 AM
^^ whoops, you're right. I typo'd. It's meant to be FD2, not FN2.

L a z y b O Y
16-06-2007, 01:46 AM
in dealerships next week ppl!

ALN
16-06-2007, 05:05 PM
well even DC2 stock is faster than Dc5 stock lol. But th euro CTR is 0-100= 6.6 sec that's fast lol for 2.0 L

v8legend
17-06-2007, 10:15 PM
Forget about it, Honda Australia just blxxdy hopeless, they only know how to please the old people and forget about Honda's sporty image, it's quite obviously in the last of couple years. At the end, Nissan(S15, Z33 etc), Subaru (WRX, STI,..etc) and Mitsubishi (EVO8,9 & colt Ralliart) shared the oz sporty car market, Finally if u tell you mate or any chicks you have a Honda ---- something like that, they will ask how old are you? you look not that old mate.
Look! Honda's sporty image gone!!

Hey yakka .... go to a Honda dealer and have a look at the new Honda Civic Type R ..... I went on Saturday,had a test drive and bought one .... what a blxxdy ripper car ... and really good value @ $44K on road .... leaves the other way behind and it looks really cool ... Honda Australia have got this car right in every way ...... Well done to all at Honda Australia

:D:D:D:D:D:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup: