PDA

View Full Version : ek seatbelts

insouciant
21-07-2005, 10:15 AM
are both the passenger and driver seatbelt the same?

anyone know where i can get a hold of one for the time being? also the price?
damn mechanic thats 'fixing' my car is taking forever to order it and i just want one for the passenger side for the moment to get around until it can be replaced by the new one.
if they're the same then i'll just get a new one for the passenger side and replace the driver side one with the new one thats covered by insurance.

help would be greatly appreciated guys :)

jdmlvn
21-07-2005, 10:21 AM
umz.. u need to go to the place where u got ur car..
i.e dealer or is its pruvate contact that person or if u hav no choice go 2 autobarn lmao

raff
21-07-2005, 10:26 AM
be careful coz if u got a seatbelt light in the cluster u will need the proper seatbelt to hook the wires underneath the seat upto...

insouciant
21-07-2005, 10:27 AM
seems fair i suppose.

but i'm more interested in places which will have stock on hand and not have to order it from some exotic location and take 4 weeks to receive it.

the drivers side is fine(which i believe the only one that the cluster monitors)
its the passenger side which is cut(those ****ers..)

Phantasm
21-07-2005, 04:33 PM
I also need a new seatbelt, some tosser who previously owned the car dropped a butt on the seatbelt which over time has frayed. Dunno how it passed road worthy.

Please let me know how you went with replacing yours.

insouciant
21-07-2005, 07:39 PM
no worries mate, will post my findings.

by the way, anyone know whether the front seatbelts are the same for both sides? i.e. passenger can be fit into drivers side, etc?