PDA

View Full Version : adjust friction point of clutch?

mylude
21-07-2005, 12:28 PM
hi guys...

my friction point of my clutch is really high and i am thinking of lowering the point. is anyone able to teach me how to do it??

thanks!!!

bennjamin
21-07-2005, 12:30 PM
AFAIK you adjust the actual clutch slave cylinder piston relative to the clutch pedal.
Someone else ?

wynode
21-07-2005, 12:41 PM
AFAIK you adjust the actual clutch slave cylinder piston relative to the clutch pedal.
Someone else ?
There isn't much that you can adjust on there.

How old is your clutch?

Captiva_Blue
21-07-2005, 08:06 PM
Its not something that you can adjust. The take-up point is set by the mechanics that disengage/engage the cluch and flywheel and unless the entire mechanism is re-engineered for a lower take-up point, it cannot be altered.

garett
21-07-2005, 08:24 PM
some older cars which use a cable clutch mechanism which works like brakes on a push bike can be adjusted by tightening the nuts which surround the mount where the cable is attatched.

on my old car (peugeot 205 gti) it could be done but it was an oldschool setup

Eclipsor
21-07-2005, 10:43 PM
You might be able to adjust how far out the pedal sits. But like the others have said, you can't adjust where the clutch take-up point is along the travel of the pedal....or something. Dunno if I've explained that well.

mylude
21-07-2005, 10:46 PM
my car is a 92 prelude si model. so do you think it is an old setup where i can adjust?

wynode
22-07-2005, 12:00 AM
You might be able to adjust how far out the pedal sits. But like the others have said, you can't adjust where the clutch take-up point is along the travel of the pedal....or something. Dunno if I've explained that well.
Yeah that!

my car is a 92 prelude si model. so do you think it is an old setup where i can adjust?

Depends whether its cable or hydraulic

00' coupe
22-07-2005, 12:08 AM
mate i think uve got a hydraulic clutch (means u cant adjust to fix friction point)... not 100% but if u do hav a hydraulic clutch wit a high friction point its not a good sign...
my mates got a 89 prelude n has a hydraulic clutch... couple years ago he had d same problem n had to get a new clutch...

good luck

wynode
22-07-2005, 12:14 AM
yupp....generaly a higher than normal friction point on a hydraulic clutch = worn clutch disk