PDA

View Full Version : Australian GP in trouble maybe?

LUD02C
21-07-2005, 05:23 PM
Well sitting in tec today during Electrical Magnetism Math’s, I got thinking about some tracks that are being built around the world.

- Sepang ( still count Sepang rather new)
- Shanghai
- Bahrain
- Turkey

With that in mind think of the countries that are currently building tracks or are about to start.

- South Africa
- Mexico
- Russia (building 2)
- China (another one)
- Dubai
- Las Vegas (are thinking about it, if street circuit isn’t approved)
- Switzerland (is fixing there old international track)

I know there are some others, but I just can’t think about them right now.
Now, with the way F1 is going, Street circuits might be banned except Monaco due to its history and some politics, but with safety issue and actual facilities for drivers, teams and the fans how does Albert Park compare to places like Spa, Hockenheim or Suzuka?

It doesn’t.
This is why I think our GP could be in some trouble in the next couple of years, yes I do realize that asking our great government for $400 million to build a world class motorsport arena is abit much but with the money they make from different fields coming here it would be a success look at WSID as an example.

Oh and I’m guessing it would cost a lot more then $400 million like Turkey/China/Bahrain due to the cost of labor.

Your thoughts on this?

Mr Vti
21-07-2005, 06:16 PM
Hey i agree with everything u said. Australia doesnt really have any good race tracks other then street circuts. I mean eastern creek, phillip island and all of them are ok but for f1 that dont even come close. I reckon they should build one next to WSID. Maybe even on the old Wonderland site would be good thats if it is not being used for other things.

TwEigh
21-07-2005, 07:03 PM
Most of the drivers dont like Australian GP anyway.. (even mark webber)
every year they are always complaining and whinging about it.
mostly because for being the first GP in the season

asking our goverment to spend $400 million on a race track = wont make tax payers happy

LUD02C
21-07-2005, 09:31 PM
Mr VTI - The old wonderland site has been sold to industrial companies like LG and that.

IRI
22-07-2005, 10:14 AM
Whats wrong with the facilities at albert park?

^^v
22-07-2005, 12:23 PM
true true
imo aust needs a world class racing faciality.. or major upgrades to current ones
but 400million+ is a big ask

jackosimm
22-07-2005, 02:05 PM
move em to Bathurst:p hehe but seriously good point there, spose time will tell