PDA

View Full Version : EK4 suspension VS CTR

JunEKfor
11-02-2004, 12:34 AM
yo guys, is CTR suspension n EK4 suspension the same? ive a EK4 so can i buy suspension off a CTR? sorry im dumb

eknine
11-02-2004, 12:37 AM
what for waste money? can't you put it to better coilovers?..it like you are trying to take a leap but fell into the drain in front of you... :D

McChook
11-02-2004, 12:41 AM
the only real differences

spring rate
shocks
pressed rear arm
THE SAME AS AN INTEGRA TYPE R!!!!! completely the same as far as I know

otherwise no difference. So spend your money on a good set of aftermarket suspension parts and have something ebtter

JunEKfor
11-02-2004, 12:59 AM
ohh nono cos i know someone selling a set of aftermarket suspension for CTR so i was just wondering if it will fit. since it will, i mmight buy it hehe

McChook
11-02-2004, 01:04 AM
you will need to change your rear arms as the CTR arms are pressed, and the local EK4s are cast. The CTR arms have eylets, EK4 shocks have forks.

Go to honbits, ask for the "pressed rear arm off an imported civic or integra with eyelets" and you will get what you need. Won't be too expensive

eknine
11-02-2004, 01:31 AM
i think you might wish to help him by giving him a pix...he might not understand and the the wrong item:)

JunEKfor
11-02-2004, 02:19 AM
huh? not sure if its that easy getting that kinda stuff here in melb..will try anyway..and yea ! haveu got pics? HEHe thanks heaps

dcii_sir
11-02-2004, 02:40 AM
what he means is that the CTR uses a round ball type of joint. it is connected on the side of the control arms.. the standard civic ones are like a fork.. it goes over your existing arms..dunno if this is clear enough

madgrk
11-02-2004, 09:59 AM
What they all mean is just buy new coilovers and it will save the hassles and you will have a better ride anyway :)

McChook
11-02-2004, 10:56 AM
not true.

The pressed rear arms are easy to buy. The reason you ask for the pressed arms is so you avoid saying "type r" when you ask, they jack the price up for words like that

I don't have a picutre, I can only explain

Call Honbits in Sydney, they wil have the rears arms and they will send it to you.

eknine
11-02-2004, 01:04 PM
What they all mean is just buy new coilovers and it will save the hassles and you will have a better ride anyway :)

agreed:)

McChook
11-02-2004, 01:18 PM
ohh nono cos i know someone selling a set of aftermarket suspension for CTR so i was just wondering if it will fit. since it will, i mmight buy it hehe

See, read guys - it is not standard CTR suspension, it is AFTERMARKET.

What if it is a set of Proflexes or Drummands with external canistors and a set of custom cold wound springs..... I'd think it would be cheaper to buy used and change the rear arms, and better value than anything else ya gonna buy....

So it really depends on what the suspension is... If its a set of Pedders, DON'T DO IT

madgrk
11-02-2004, 01:21 PM
lol @ pedders.. Had em on the Falcon and god damn are they retarded :?

A'PEXi
11-02-2004, 10:02 PM
not exactly the same.... but the ek4 does already come with a good sussy setup.

ckkl
11-02-2004, 10:42 PM
I'm quite sure all EKs can use EK9 suspension.

So to answer the first question: yes, you can buy aftermarket CTR suspension for your non-R EK Civic.

[edit: I've gone through the trouble to clarify for this poor chap what to look out for below.]

What ppl are trying to tell you (incorrectly) is you can't use EK9 suspension since it uses the "eye" suspension mount, as found in EG6/DC2R (and all JDM DC2s). This is what the eye suspension looks like:

EYE (the pair on the right) for DC2R
http://www.kidimports.com/item_pics/apex_n1coilovers.jpg

Below is a set of Civic Type R suspension (which fits on EKs and Aus-spec DC2s -- excluding DC2R).

FORK (Mugen EK9 suspension set) can fit any EK Civic
http://www.kingmotorsports.com/images/products/mugen_5way_adjustable_suspension_3.jpg

You can use EK9 suspension on your EK Civic.

McChook
11-02-2004, 10:55 PM
edit once I learnt to read...

*retardo kid*

sorry

ckkl
11-02-2004, 11:11 PM
[edited to remove old content]

Summary:

EK9 CTR uses same suspension mounting to rear LCA as ANY EK Civic, which is a fork. You don't need to change the rear LCA -- there's no problem.

eknine
11-02-2004, 11:17 PM
this is what i call good explaination....good stuff ckkl :thumbsup:

McChook
11-02-2004, 11:18 PM
yep, perfect explanation

I honestly thought the EK9 rear arms were the same as all the other Jap Spec EK rear arms... hmm, I will have to go back to honda general knowledge school

JunEKfor
15-02-2004, 12:46 PM
thanks clarence! hehehehe loved ur eg6!

bengbear
15-02-2004, 01:56 PM
thanks clarence! hehehehe loved ur eg6!

yeh, i sure do miss it

thank for the info clarence

ckkl
15-02-2004, 02:25 PM
Damn I miss it too... :(
But I guess my loss is someone else's gain :D ;)