PDA

View Full Version : civics with bucket seats please help

timmya2
21-07-2005, 10:38 PM
hey guys , bought a pair of bucket seats was wondering how u guys got the seatbelt clip mounted on the actual bucket seat as its on the stock seats. Or did you guys mount it on the car?

cheers

eG_YoDa
22-07-2005, 12:36 AM
do u have a 2 door car?
coz if u do its quite illegal for u to have bucket seats ............

typicalmale
22-07-2005, 01:25 AM
do u have a 2 door car?
coz if u do its quite illegal for u to have bucket seats ............

really? why?

SiR JDM
22-07-2005, 01:43 AM
only if they're non reclinable..

it depends on your definition of bucket seats ... if you consider bucket seats to be deep 1 peice (obviously non reclinable) then yes.. EG YODA is correct. But alot of people consider "racing" style seats to be bucket seats... ie - stock recaros in ITR.. alot of people (i know anyway) consider them "bucket seats" but obviously they are legal in 2 door cars.

back on topic, my previous "bucket seats" (reclineable) in my old EG had the seatbelts buckel bolted to a bolt the inside of the seat.

Seats (http://members.optusnet.com.au/%7Eakaisen/personal/civic/7.jpg) - just a lil image of my old seats if your interested .. cant see much but yea

timmya2
22-07-2005, 07:05 AM
edit:

yeh they are reclinable sports seats.

i just took another look at the stock EG civic seats, and there is a big bolt holding the seat belt clip. I checked the buckets theres no holes or mounting places to bolt it in. Another guy from fast fours suggested that there are mounting points on a car.. i dont see any places where that clip can go.. There has to be a way as ive seen so many pics of eg hatches with sports seats.

garett
22-07-2005, 10:29 AM
as you know by now the originals have the belt clips on the chairs.. the older ED/F shape has them mounted to the floor... the will just go with the bolt which holds the seat in the floor obviously the back one on the inside... but normally any racing/ aftermarket seat should have a bolt located on the inside of the seat which the original seat belt button can be mounted to.

revNhevN
22-07-2005, 12:16 PM
you can have a fixed bucket seat in a two door car. you just have to register it at the RTA as a 2
seater.

timmya2
22-07-2005, 12:43 PM
as you know by now the originals have the belt clips on the chairs.. the older ED/F shape has them mounted to the floor... the will just go with the bolt which holds the seat in the floor obviously the back one on the inside... but normally any racing/ aftermarket seat should have a bolt located on the inside of the seat which the original seat belt button can be mounted to.

OH so there should be a hole to bolt the clips on the bucket seat? I had a quick look couldnt find it.. but ill try again.

timmya2
22-07-2005, 04:20 PM
actually i think the clip is mounted to the floor..

garett
22-07-2005, 07:49 PM
try the bolt where the hinge to recline the seat is.. otherwise go to the wreckers and get the seatbelt buckles from an ed/ef

timmya2
22-07-2005, 09:26 PM
buckles. thats wat i meant.. not clips

why would i need ef/ed ones?

EKgirl
24-07-2005, 05:01 PM
i have aftermarket bucket seats and the buckle is connected to the rails ?? :confused:

timmya2
24-07-2005, 05:48 PM
sorry they are connected to the rails

PAPZ
28-07-2005, 04:55 PM
i got the recaro spg2's, i had to buy side adapters for them to fit the buckle.

call idealseat company in melbourne