PDA

View Full Version : V6

BusterSonic12
23-07-2005, 09:01 AM
:wave: hi, another question.... my brother just got off his Ps. he doesn't use the internet much so he ask me to looking around the answer for him...
He has been driving a Camry Sportivo V6, and now dad is not thinking of buying him a new car so, :D so any ways of boostin the V6's performance in anyway???

jamchen
23-07-2005, 09:20 AM
um... did u fully understand what this forum is for :D:D
think this tread will so be moved...
mum drives a camry 99' v6, the only mod with is the K&N filter...

BusterSonic12
23-07-2005, 09:23 AM
What's K&N filter?? and do u know toyota car site??
Is turbo or super charge possible in a V6 ?? it is a Camry Sportivo '03

jamchen
23-07-2005, 09:26 AM
sorry to hurt you but i dun think there are mods for the camry....
especially the new one... they r too big compare to the previous version. maybe try search any US sites... u might found some coz i remember i found one before when i needed info to leveling the headlight on mum's camry...

jamchen
23-07-2005, 09:27 AM
oh, and the K&N filter is a brand of air filter u can get which gives u better air flow to the engine...

aaronng
23-07-2005, 10:34 AM
What's K&N filter?? and do u know toyota car site??
Is turbo or super charge possible in a V6 ?? it is a Camry Sportivo '03
I'm not sure if there are many Camry modders there, but you can try au.toyotaownersclub.com

There are many Corolla owners there, so you could try asking them about mods for the Camry.

mooshie
23-07-2005, 12:31 PM
uh this is a honda site dude, you need to research toyotas. honestly why would he want a camry if he is after performance? sure you can mod it but they are not the prettiest cars in the world and i would think there would be better performing, more cost effective, options. just my 2c.

BusterSonic12
23-07-2005, 03:04 PM
thanks for the info guys, i ll pass it onto my bro. cheers

supersamEK
24-07-2005, 09:54 PM
intake and exhaust will help considerably cause those things are pretty restricted...to keep quiet and stuff as is family car. that'll help a far bit. those engines are pretty sweet but imo.

Shraka
25-07-2005, 05:21 PM
There are definatly mods you can do to a Camry. No easy bolt on mods, but any car can be modded with a little nowhow.

Having said that, don't freeking bother. They're crap for preformance (the V6 makes dick all power considering it's size). Sell it to some granny and get a Euro Accord (if you like barges), or Integra Type R/VTiR or Civic VTi-R/Type R.

Don't bother modding cars. Get something that's awesome off the shelf. It's easier and less hassle and more often than not, cheaper with a better car at the end.

jamchen
25-07-2005, 06:18 PM
there are some heavy modded camrys on toyotanation.com so maybe u can check out!:D haha i used to drive my mum's 99 camry like nuts with drifting it using handbrake when raining:D:D

supersamEK
25-07-2005, 09:20 PM
same..mad shit :D:D