PDA

View Full Version : [EURO]Camber kit question

tknova
23-07-2005, 01:08 PM
Hey, i purchased a Fulcrum camber kit and installed it on my euro. I was running neg 4.3 camber now running neg 3.2 camber. It's an improvement but not a good enough improvement, The kit is on full ajustment!

What i'm after is a camber kit that will be able to ajust my neg 4 camber to 0! Are there any camber kits out there that can convert my neg 4 camber to atleast neg -1 or something better than neg 3??

Thanks ! :)

Peekay34
23-07-2005, 01:59 PM
How low is your car I have a fulcrum kit and it went from 3 degrees out to 1 which is standard. Are you sure the fitted all 3 bushes (each side) correctly does not sound like it to me.

V205
23-07-2005, 03:44 PM
Without any drop, the euro's rear is -1 degree right? Has anyone check their stock specto see if it's in spec?

Chris_F
23-07-2005, 04:43 PM
hmm strange that it wont correct more neg camber than that...

like peekay34 said check-out the install coz they should be doing more than that.

and standard camber on the euro is -1 so going to 0 probably isn't good from a handling perspective tho tyres may last longer.

When i get my suspension done i'm going to see if i can get a slightly larger neg camber say -1.5 or -2

tknova
24-07-2005, 12:38 PM
The kit has been installed correctly per as the instructions.

I think because the cars so low the arms have moved a fair bit..

The car has been lowerd a fair bit. i would say 3 & half inches. On the 19ns it sits at the rim on the back and right on the tire at the front.. It's very low. Lets just say the exhaust hits driveways.

Thanks for all the quick replies aswell!! I don't know what i'm going to doo. After 7000km's i've had to flip the rear tires as the sides have completely been chewed and are just on legal limit! So rear tires will dissapear quicker than the fronts :)

I think i'm just going to have to put up with the problem? I like the sound of the ingall kit as i can change the camber heaps, i don't want to go bush ajustable as i cannot get enough ajustment out of it.

Oh, and has anybody lipped the rear of the euros yet? as there is heaps of plastic in the inner guards i'm a bit worried in getting it done.

Thanks guys :)

Chris_F
24-07-2005, 12:59 PM
holy crap... 3.5 inches ! thats the most agressive drop on a euro i've heard of.
No wonder the camber is out! haha. If it was me i'd be raising the car an inch or so and getting the camber right so you save your tyres whilst lookin for a different camber kit.

What are ya using for the drop anyway?

euro77
24-07-2005, 01:48 PM
go get ingall camber kit. I got one in my car at the moment, and now is set to -1.
It can be set to 0 camber as well if you want.

Chris_F
24-07-2005, 01:56 PM
anyone know the price difference between those two kits? or which is the better of the two

euro77
24-07-2005, 02:17 PM
with fulcrum kit, I'm sure you are only limited to camber.
with ingall, you can set the toe as well. Ingall kit basically replace the oem ones, and it's not bushings only like fulcrum kit, it's actually replacing the stock. Ingall comes with steel rod etc (don't know what it's exactly called, but it replaces the stock steel rod etc.).

ingall kit's price is around 400 if I'm not mistaken.

tknova
24-07-2005, 11:11 PM
Ohh yeah, there's no way i'm raising her! Looks tuff as dumped! :)

You wont belive but i'm running standard suspension with reset origional springs! Great ride, but it can get bouncy :)

But, it's a huge drop! Should of seen the look on honda's face rocking up for the first 1000 km service slammed on 19ns :P

EuroAccord13
25-07-2005, 01:06 AM
I saw euro77's Ingall Kit during the install, I would personally recommend that kit due to it's versatality of it...

Gibbo
25-07-2005, 03:57 PM
tknova talk to me about the price you want for your camber kit !!! I have the kmac one and it is SUPER squeaky !!! if your interested ill buy it for sure. P.s. my camber was at -3deg. and is now at -1deg. maybe the kmac is the one you need - if you can put up with the squeak. (lol)

tknova
25-07-2005, 05:00 PM
Haha, stuff the squeek!
I'll let you know when i change the kit if you want to buy it! :)
The fulcrum one doesn't make a sound.

ITRBoI
25-07-2005, 05:04 PM
tknova, if you want you can if LOC888 a pm on about the camber he got his one from the states, dont know what brand though but it's really good, ask him for futhre details

LOC888
25-07-2005, 05:20 PM
tknova talk to me about the price you want for your camber kit !!! I have the kmac one and it is SUPER squeaky !!! if your interested ill buy it for sure. P.s. my camber was at -3deg. and is now at -1deg. maybe the kmac is the one you need - if you can put up with the squeak. (lol)

Ive got a unused fulcrum camber kit for sale, pm me if ur interested.

tknova
26-07-2005, 05:39 PM
Thanks for all the help guys, it's been appricated!!

Just another question about the ingall kit, Can u make the top arm shorter and the bottom arm longer so i don't have to lip the guards? And it also corrects the camber issue?

euro77
26-07-2005, 10:00 PM
It definitely corrects the camber issue.
I'm not too sure about your first query (shorter top arm & longer bottom arm), but wouldn't it make a negative camber?

tknova
27-07-2005, 06:39 AM
sorry, i meant making the top arm shorter and the bottom arm shorter so it also brings the wheel in (no rubbing) and corrects the camber problem..

Sorry, made a little stuff up :)

Sulley
27-07-2005, 11:38 AM
I've got a spoon rear camber kit for sale(brand new).
Pm if you're interested.
will be posting up a forsale thread soon..
got too many parts and not enough cash!

TwEigh
27-07-2005, 03:18 PM
how good spoon camber kits are? in term of oh well it corrects the chamber and does it make funny noises?

and, as u guys said rear chamber is suppose to be -1 for euro. what the front should be?

sorry for asking dumb question, do we need the chamber kit for the rear only, or the front as well?

euro77
28-07-2005, 06:17 PM
when lowering, you only need rear camber kit, as the front's oem will still cope with the drop

Gibbo
01-08-2005, 10:13 PM
loc888 - would love to hear from you regarding the camber kit !!! im going on holidays soon annd would prefer to have it put in while im away ! i leave on the 18th Aug so any time before then would be great. Cheers Gibbo.

yfin
17-09-2005, 03:25 PM
Hi does anyone know the part number of the INgalls camber kit for the Euro? (rear only).

It seems to cost around $400 locally but can be found on ebay for the TSX much cheaper. Just wondering if it is the same part number?

EuroAccord13
17-09-2005, 06:46 PM
PM Ignatius for that :D

Peekay34
17-09-2005, 10:27 PM
Comptech also make a kit for this car Yfin talk to our mate Scott at Acura of Escu...whatever you know who I mean.

http://stores.ebay.com/Acura-of-Escondido-Parts_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm

yfin
17-09-2005, 11:06 PM
Thanks - can see that :

Has anyone fit a camber kit designed for the TSX? I ask because the stock TSX has a stock camber of up to -1.5.

Looking at the stock specs for the Euro - the stock is up to -1 (according to Bearepairs computer)

http://www.comptechusa.com/store/160068tsx.html

d_evilz
29-09-2011, 01:35 PM
i like to revive threads from the dead....
: >
so anyways. i got a question! (like always)
i brought 2nd hand ingalls rear camber kit. being a noob with these things and poor i decide to DIY on the weekend.
the pic below...

1. wheres does the arms go? short arm goes to the front or the rear?

2. does the nuts have to point to a specific direction? silver pointing towards wheels or the black ones?

I have search every thread on camber kit/ingalls and didnt get much info to my understanding..
thanks!

http://i54.tinypic.com/dz9h0k.jpg

SpiderPig
29-09-2011, 01:47 PM
i like to revive threads from the dead....
: >
so anyways. i got a question! (like always)
i brought 2nd hand ingalls rear camber kit. being a noob with these things and poor i decide to DIY on the weekend.
the pic below...

1. wheres does the arms go? short arm goes to the front or the rear?

2. does the nuts have to point to a specific direction? silver pointing towards wheels or the black ones?

I have search every thread on camber kit/ingalls and didnt get much info to my understanding..
thanks!

1. Short arm - at the front
Long arm - at the back

2. It doesn't matter which colour nut is closer to the wheel, makes no difference.

d_evilz
29-09-2011, 02:00 PM
thanks for replying SpiderPig!

richard_k
01-10-2011, 09:34 AM
another thread revival! haha

Fredoops
01-10-2011, 11:55 AM
another thread revival! haha

unlike others, it's actually a useful revival tho :-)