PDA

View Full Version : question about price on integra??

mike_cheung
11-02-2004, 02:56 PM
hi im just wondering if a 93 integra vtir thats done 180,000km is worth $14,500

im scared that it will cost me alot to fix after i buy it, thats if it does have a problem, so i thought it was wise to ask you guys before hand. This car is in melbourne if that makes a difference. Also the engine and that sounds really smooth

ginganggooly
11-02-2004, 03:00 PM
are you in sydney?
if so, might be worth your while to get it checked over at hanny's. thats if the seller lets you.
14k is an alright price. it really depends on the condition and so on.

Spunkymonkey
11-02-2004, 03:19 PM
hi im just wondering if a 93 integra vtir thats done 180,000km is worth $14,500

im scared that it will cost me alot to fix after i buy it, thats if it does have a problem, so i thought it was wise to ask you guys before hand. This car is in melbourne if that makes a difference. Also the engine and that sounds really smooth

price will vary according to your area, and what the tegs are going for...have you checked you local papers?

Its sounds ok. Any car will cost you normal maintenance....with that many kms you will need to change the timing belt soon.

vti-2
11-02-2004, 03:20 PM
Don't worry about the kays too much, as long as the car has been serviced regularly and treated well you shouldn't have any problems.

Price sounds about right, you can probably bargain it down a bit more cause of the kays. You getting RWC and rego?

mike_cheung
11-02-2004, 03:45 PM
yeh $14,500 for everything on the road and 3 yr warrenty, im in victoria if that helps on the price

so you guys think its a good buy on a '93 dc2 vtir? the body and interior looks pretty neat when i checked it out today. with so many k's you think the car will have any dramatic problems like anytime soon?

m2h
11-02-2004, 03:52 PM
for that Ks, u should look for the clutch, u know clutch wears pretty much at this Ks, u might get slipping clutch. And the hoses if its leaking

Spunkymonkey
11-02-2004, 04:00 PM
yeh $14,500 for everything on the road and 3 yr warrenty, im in victoria if that helps on the price

so you guys think its a good buy on a '93 dc2 vtir? the body and interior looks pretty neat when i checked it out today. with so many k's you think the car will have any dramatic problems like anytime soon?

It's a honda...don't think you'll have any dramas with the k's or anything. Setanta has done over 260K on his b16a motor with no problems.

mike_cheung
11-02-2004, 08:38 PM
so is the car alrite to buy at 14,500 even with the high kms, i dont wanna get jibbed thats all?

XXpl0Sive
11-02-2004, 08:58 PM
Take it to a garage to get a proper inspection if you're buying a car with that many Kms.

totti
11-02-2004, 09:25 PM
personally, i wouldnt pay $14,500 or even $14,000 for a 93 model with 180,000kms

my opinion is get a 94/95 with less km's

my mate just bought a 94 with 60,000kms for $14,000, there are plenty in this price range

BlakTegra
11-02-2004, 11:58 PM
Is this gonna be your first car? If it is, I'd doubt you'll keep it that long therefore buying that Integra maybe be a problem in the near future if you decide to sell for a better/newer Honda. By that time, you'll prob do 220+ kms on the clock, and prob have a hard time selling it as I did with my old car.

As totti said, get a newer model Integra with less k's is the safest bet up until ur next Honda car. You wouldn't believe how many buyers judge the car soley on the milage rather than engine condition, body and service history.

Ironfist
12-02-2004, 02:24 AM
Well i reckon here in "Melbourne" that would be an acceptable price.

Not bagging you or anything totti but "my friend this my friend got that blah blah blah etc" is just pure luck, you can't compare one person's experience and make that the par.

Getting low K's on a 10 year old car is damn hard, but like tottis friend i got my 94 vtir with 77K on the clock 1.5 years ago. It now has 100k's cos i actually DRIVE my car around.

I think the "norm" for a melb driver is around the 15 to 20k a year so if you say ((10 years x 20K's) = 200k in 10 years) which is fair, somthing like the K's on the car that your inspecting.

Don't be worried if the car has a few scratchs, so long as the engine runs good. When i bought mine it had a few scratchs and probably has a few more from ppl banging their door into your car. But that is expected.

Either way my car is black and everyone know's that black is da bomb :P

Good luck, going to bed now after washing and polishing the car :)

totti
12-02-2004, 08:43 AM
i have been surfing the trading post lol...and there have been a few like (5 or 6) that have gone for under $14,500 that seemed to be a decent purchase.

i know you have to be lucky and buy at the right time, but there are bargains out there and also rip offs (ie. mike cheung's example)

Boost
12-02-2004, 08:41 PM
How much would you pay for a integra Vtir 96, midnight blue with 70kms on the clock... legit kms.. no windings and sh^t. Just curious.

mike_cheung
12-02-2004, 08:41 PM
so i take it that its a jib deal?
hmm look like more searching around then

A'PEXi
12-02-2004, 10:00 PM
i think you could get it for a bit cheaper considering the amount of k's :D

Boost
12-02-2004, 11:54 PM
it sounds like mike is buying it off a dealer, if thats the case then id say that 98% the car is a rip off. Go private and check it out, get a freind that knows how and where to check. And if you think its worth going futher then get a NRMA inspection or drive it to a mechanic you trust and get him to do a run down on the car. Most of the time when you buy it from dealers they rip you off and they put out insentives like 3 years warranty. If you car does break down, and you decide to bring it back, trust me they will make up excuses, either putting the blame on you and saying that you neglected it or saying it wasnt part of the contract. So yeh, you are best off staying away from car dealers and going private sale. There are heaps of cars out there, ones that are really good priced too and lower ks than 180k. Those that say that higher ks car are still good as long as the engine is fine, thats true but after time wear and tear plays a major role and in my opinion you are better off going with one with lower ks. Take your time and look around i reckon, there is bound to be one around, time is the key. hhahha good luck mate :)

mike_cheung
13-02-2004, 07:48 PM
thanks for the tip guys
i really appreciate it, saved me from buying a rip off car
:)

olda
14-02-2004, 08:41 PM
thanks for the tip guys
i really appreciate it, saved me from buying a rip off car
:)

just quickly,

wouldn't touch any VTiR under 15k in Mel :idea: :idea: :idea:

DarkCoupe
17-02-2004, 04:12 PM
yeah man it was a total rip off ... for around 15k you can get a newer car with lower kays easy!