PDA

View Full Version : [Euro] Safe mods? any such thing?

The-Genesis
24-07-2005, 06:42 PM
well, when i bought the euro it was long term, it is an auto. I want to increase the cars performance. Internet doesnt help a person who has no clue about mods :P most internet shops are trying to use persuasion with little or no explanation or facts.

I have read about hondata, is it coming here? i am hoping it will so i can fit it in from my local dealer hopefully that will make a difference.
I was thinking about new exhaust in the euro, i talked to a bloke who said it only makes the sound of the car louder etc. Im not a big fan of loud exhausts. if i will gain performance in terms of acceleration response from the car i will put one in sadly so far there is no significant change from putting one in so yeh. A person i knew was telling me to turbo/supercharge it. Im sure i read some where it has its side effects. Another fello adviced said port polish? i replied back with "are they any safe mods" he said there is always a risk involved.

Any good site around for the euro who has some kind of guide?

jamchen
24-07-2005, 08:07 PM
maybe try to search google for US Acura TSX forums... i am sure there are plennty forums on TSX (euro) in US.:D sorry but i am too lazy to search it.. hehe... damn uni starts tomorrow... :o

7th Gen
24-07-2005, 08:24 PM
well, when i bought the euro it was long term, it is an auto. I want to increase the cars performance. Internet doesnt help a person who has no clue about mods :P

are you the same bloke who's dad bought an auto Euro and he reckoned it wasn't fast and in turn he got bagged out on this forum? :D (just kidding mate)

i am sure there are plenty of guys with Euros willing to help you out on this forum

yes of course with any mod involves some sort of risk. provided it is done properly it should be okay. but of course usually good quality work will cost you lots more money

hope that helps and gives you some motivation (or discouragement :D )

adammet04
24-07-2005, 09:16 PM
well there is risk in everything...even modding your car.

i think as long as you ask a bunch of questions here or search the forums you will find answers..
:honda:
most of the risk around this forum is based on insurance or warranty (esp euro) because honda arent keen on you modding the car...i think its been written here a few times that if honda finds the part you added on / took off to be the cause of a fault in the car, the warranty wont apply..

i tihnk going a turbo or super charge on a auto euro is probobly a bad thing imho...based on other threads ive read here the trans may not be able to handle the power without some mods to it plus its $$$$...

the exhaust hasnt been favorable here because of the dual outlet...for best performance (again based on my interpretation from info in these forums) is that a single exhaust on euro seems to provide better BFYB than a dual exhaust...

risk is mainly determined by what you decide to do...if you go with name brands...typically they will be fine....and there are heaps of people here who also have had all types of different mods on for a while...eg i didnt get my comptech icebox intake installed until recently because i wanted to hear and listen to any issues the pioneering euro modifiers here had, so i knew what to expect..

yes im a follower when it comes to mods..because i too dont have the mechanical knoweledge required (mechanically inept, but i get a for effort :p) )...i am an enthusiast but my talents lie elsewhere...

so i think you should maybe ask about minimizing risk (eg you mean damage to your car). Start small like intake or exhaust and work/learn your way up from there.

finally going to the occasional honda cruises here is a grreat way to see and hear mods done to cars first hand too..

jst my 2c

sorry for long post

Adam

yfin
24-07-2005, 09:17 PM
What exactly are your expectations? There is quite a bit of difference between referring to an exhaust and then in the next sentence refer to turbo charging.

If you want a little bit more power (noticeable but nothing close to forced induction) - I would recommend the Comptech Icebox. I say Icebox as you refer to not liking loud exhausts so a full cold air intake probably isn't your style because of the noise up top.

Icebox is relatively inexpensive and as safe as they come in terms of intakes.

The other mod you can do is think about weight reduction. Get rid of anything you absolutely do not need in the car. For city driving toss the spare and tools and get a can of tyre fix. I know it sounds silly but if you can reduce even 40kg out of your Euro from things in your boot etc - it is as good or better than mods people pay good $$$ for.

In terms of Hondata -do a search it is on its way

In terms of a site that has a "guide" - look at the sticky in the Accord forum. You can learn a lot there.

adammet04
24-07-2005, 09:17 PM
also just cause warranty doesnt apply...doesnt mean they wont fix it (i think) it just means you get slugged with cost of part and labor etc to fix it....

The-Genesis
24-07-2005, 10:33 PM
hehehe, yeh. im just posting around to find what is safe and whats not. I had really was pushed to put turbo from some fellas i know. It just sounded to good. I guess ill wait for the hondata hopefully that will be my first mod. what do you guys reckon about headers? i saw them on some tsx site. they say it has definite gain not sure if its safe and i can get it some how.

EuroAccord13
25-07-2005, 01:10 AM
There is no such thing as a safe mod, anything can happen when you modify a car, every car is different even when they are both the same model, you have to weigh in the pros and cons yourself and then consider if you want to do it.

Then again, after reading up and seeing Adam's post.. He pretty much summed it up...

When you start modding like I do and a few of us here, I and maybe the rest who do, do not really think about warranty and reliable issues anymore. It's a passion.... I personally don't want to worry about it until it happens :D

The-Genesis
25-07-2005, 11:01 AM
im not sure if id have teh big bucks when i mod and the warranty goes of. ima a student etc. im gona go have a look at hondata. hopefully they will ahve one for automatic.