PDA

View Full Version : NEWBIE HONDA ! NEED ideas for MODZ

billyz
26-07-2005, 12:04 AM
Hey guys im new on ozhonda, just bought an Honda acccord 94 and now i want to put rims on the car. I went rim shoping today and some guy gave me a good deal on some 18inch rims.

My first question is how wide can i go with out rubbing the guards. Im planning to on lowering the car also on king spring superlows.

Can i get away with 18*7.5 or do i have to settle for 18*7 and what type of tyres would i need, so that i wont rub my guards? Also would i need to lip my guards?

add stuff if you want...

razaman
26-07-2005, 06:27 AM
Have a search ,the answers are on the forum. In fact I've searched for you.

Here are some threads to read:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22433
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16152&highlight=accord+wheels
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12216&highlight=accord+wheels
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9176&highlight=accord+wheels
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6597&highlight=accord+wheels
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=435&highlight=accord+wheels

Also last time I checked king springs didn't come in superlows for the CD accords. I checked last night.

Raz

Mike_
26-07-2005, 09:22 AM
whether or not the wheel rubs or not depends also on offset. CD accords have an offset of 46, so a 7" wide wheel should not rub, even when lowered. you SHOULD be fine with a 7.5, but you could always get your guards rolled if need be.

And razaman is right, king springs only have lows, which arent much lower than stock. If you want to lower it any more you have to chop, or buy springs from japan.

If you can find "Tanabe Super Down Precedeo" springs they'll drop you low and give a good ride, that's what ive got (and naturally the only other brand i know) and I think they retail for around $600...

Ebay US has some other brands too

razaman
26-07-2005, 11:33 AM
factory offset is between 43 and 46.

Honda USA says 46, but I've heard 45 before in NZ.

Meh - close enough.:thumbsup:

Raz

poid
26-07-2005, 06:02 PM
7.5's are fine with the right offset and no guard mods are needed

there are plenty of springs/coilovers available. Kmac are an example, they will make springs at whatever height/stiffness you desire

The-Genesis
26-07-2005, 08:47 PM
are you guys like rich? i m not modding my euro just because they are some risks involved about warranty and side effects from some mods.... Wouldnt have the money to repair. I was thinking about putting golden chromes..

razaman
26-07-2005, 08:57 PM
are you guys like rich? i m not modding my euro just because they are some risks involved about warranty and side effects from some mods.... Wouldnt have the money to repair. I was thinking about putting golden chromes..

lol - you're asking us if we're rich and you're talking about golden chrome wheels? irony?:p

I'm not rich, if I was I wouldn't be driving a 94 accord - as much as I like it.

Raz

poid
26-07-2005, 09:32 PM

lol, you are the rich one...you have a euro :p

adammet04
26-07-2005, 09:53 PM

Theres a difference between being rich and being passionate...
some of the guys/gals here probobly do without in other areas (work two jobs/eat less/dont go out etc) in order to do the mods...others just have the blank cheque... I focus less on the money and more on the fun of driving the car and modding it too...if of course thats what you want to do... not meant to be a flame, just another viewpoint... :)

billyz show us some pics of wheels you might be looking at ??? have you seen other 94 accords with similar setups ?..

billyz
26-07-2005, 11:24 PM
getting the wheels on saturday morning, ill post the pics of the car after that
i think the wheels are from the g-max range (model no. called M034 http://www.gmaxwheels.com.au/catalogue.php). they look kinda like mugen style wheels, the bloke gave me a really good deal on 18 * 7.5 with decent tyres. i am also thinking about lowering it, but ill see how the rims look on the car first, also ill be colour coding my car.

btw this is my friends user, too lazy to sign up
might sign up later

razaman
27-07-2005, 06:13 AM
I like the wheels, but please tell me you're still lowering the car at the same time?

Raz

poid
27-07-2005, 10:27 AM
you will need to lower it...i put 18's on to see what it would look like at stock height and spent the next few minutes on the ground laughing before putting the stockies back on :)

billyz
27-07-2005, 10:53 AM
yeah im going to lower it, just wanna see what the wheels look like first on the car before i do any thing. at the momemnt im contemplating 2inches all round...good idea guys. im going to be taking it to DNA in clayton, those guys can do springs installed for 300ish (king springs)

28RAG
27-07-2005, 11:05 AM
yeah when i put 18"s on my car i laughed and didnt wanna drive it coz it was so high off the ground, ive got king lows, looks fine.

also ive got 18x7.5 and 235wide rubber and no scrubbing

28RAG
27-07-2005, 11:06 AM
yeah im going to lower it, just wanna see what the wheels look like first on the car before i do any thing. at the momemnt im contemplating 2inches all round...good idea guys. im going to be taking it to DNA in clayton, those guys can do springs installed for 300ish (king springs)

remember if you wanna fit a body kit later your gonna have to raise it, or youll be too low

Mike_
27-07-2005, 12:00 PM
King springs arent made in super lows for these accords. The lows only drop it about an inch and it still looks high. You'll probably want to go at least 2 inches...

I put 17's on my car, and drove it at stock height for ages. It was ridiculous. It's now between 2.5 and 3 inches lower than stock and it looks "fully sick" with the rims.

poid
27-07-2005, 12:53 PM
he wont be too low for a kit later if its lowered 2"

The-Genesis
27-07-2005, 06:08 PM
lol - you're asking us if we're rich and you're talking about golden chrome wheels? irony?:p

I'm not rich, if I was I wouldn't be driving a 94 accord - as much as I like it.

Raz

O yes the irony :P

lol i meant golden coloured... :p

I am still awaiting any safe approved mods such as hondata... hopefully it gives a bit more urge into my auto euro when racing big facons and commodores at high revs... while they push off easily with there big torquey non technological advance engines.... i pity them hehehe :P

ofcourse im being sarcastic.

dundas
27-07-2005, 06:49 PM
if u want kings... get em compressed or buy diff springs :P// compressing them will cost about $50 per spring (to what i remeber)
can drop ur car heaps.. and A LOT safer than chopping.. if u chop ur springs... be brave :D

28RAG
29-07-2005, 07:05 PM
he wont be too low for a kit later if its lowered 2"

fair enough, will it be legal ride height with a kit on?