PDA

View Full Version : Question?

FEELDV
26-07-2005, 11:52 AM
I have 2003 Type R and I want to put a set of 18" Wheels and Lower it. Will this affect Anything ?

I also Read that Whiteline and Spoon Springs are pretty good for the Type R when Lowering it. True ?

:honda: Vtec Power! :cool:

vinhy
26-07-2005, 11:55 AM
yeh ur steering.. get a alignment after u do it

FEELDV
26-07-2005, 12:02 PM
yeh ur steering.. get a alignment after u do it

Whiteline or Spoon Springs ? Do you know how much they cost ? All 4's are being Lowered.

vinhy
26-07-2005, 12:08 PM
try the traders section
hondar can get spoon springs for u... i think its $500
and ask egsi for a price on whiteline springs..

whiteline would be cheaper than spoon

FEELDV
26-07-2005, 12:10 PM
Much Appreciated Vinhy :)

I'll ask them later on, for now I goto get back to work. :wave:

dc2r
26-07-2005, 11:45 PM
I have 2003 Type R and I want to put a set of 18" Wheels and Lower it. Will this affect Anything ?

I also Read that Whiteline and Spoon Springs are pretty good for the Type R when Lowering it. True ?

:honda: Vtec Power! :cool:

Yes it will affect everything the Type-R was made for... by putting larger rims, you're going to make acceleration sluggish. Putting the incorrect lowering springs will affect handling also. And putting any lowering springs will wear out your stock shocks quicker.

Spoon springs are alright for the R... I think there are better ones though...

FEELDV
27-07-2005, 03:35 PM
Yes it will affect everything the Type-R was made for... by putting larger rims, you're going to make acceleration sluggish. Putting the incorrect lowering springs will affect handling also. And putting any lowering springs will wear out your stock shocks quicker.

Spoon springs are alright for the R... I think there are better ones though...

Yeah I know they will wear out my shocks quicker, But I got a good deal of a friend of mine that owns a Tyre/Wheels Shop and I want to make the Car Look as good as it can. Now it's pretty much a 4WD, I like my car's as low as possible. I will have to have a look into the Springs Variety and Damage they do. Thanks for the Info :)

jdmlvn
27-07-2005, 04:47 PM
it will definetley make ur car heavier hahahah

tRipitaka
27-07-2005, 04:50 PM
it will definetley make ur car heavier hahahah
are you sure about that ?

euro1978
27-07-2005, 06:35 PM
The combination of lower profile tyres and lowering will obviously affect the ride quality not that the DC2 Rs were known for their fantastic ride. I know my various cars I have owned have always felt better after putting the stock wheels back on with a bit more tyre between me and the road.

I guess you also shorten the life of various other bits and pieces such as wheel bearings, shocks, etc.