PDA

View Full Version : Anyone understand ECU's?

nhat_18
26-07-2005, 07:44 PM
:confused: My mechanic dropped in a jdm h22a in my 95 accord... but he put in a AT p13 ecu. Anybody know why he would do that???
The car doesnt feel like its performing up to a h22a standard too... is the ecu the reason?
Is it possible to make an AT p13 ecu work the same as a MT p13 ecu???

Thanks in advance.

ECU-MAN
26-07-2005, 08:50 PM
yep
send it to me, I can convert it to a manual ECU for you

you running it on premium ???

nhat_18
26-07-2005, 08:55 PM
Would it work exactly the same as a manual p13 when converted???

Yup... its running on premium.

Oh yeh... after driving about 10 minutes, the check engine light comes on. What does this mean?

Thanks.

ECU-MAN
26-07-2005, 09:02 PM
most the times they run exactly like the manual ( as I put a manual ROM in it ) but auto to manual convertions somtimes result in funny idle problems.

your engine light comes on because of code 20 EDL.
plus anything else that isnt there, or wired., do an ecu test to see what codes are there. you might even get EGR lift solenoid code.

nhat_18
26-07-2005, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the help ecu-man. Might be best to just to get the MT p13 huhz?

ECU-MAN
26-07-2005, 09:17 PM
that all depends on how cheep you find one.

good luck with it

nhat_18
27-07-2005, 05:37 PM
Welpz... i went to the mechanic today and did the ecu test. The light flicked quickly 2 times, and slowly 1 time. The mechanic said it was a code 12 which is the EGR thing. He fixed it up so it doesnt show the engine light anymore... but the car still feels weak.

I plugged in my friend's j-mt p13 and my car flies... what is wrong with my ecu???:confused:

I told the mechanic and he said nothing is wrong with my ecu... i just need to drive it for a couple days for it to get used to the car. But then why did my friends ecu work properly straight away???:confused:

:!: I payed for a j-mt p13 and got a j-at p13 that isnt doing its job properly... am i being rawted???:!:

ecu-man... im guessing u know most about this kind of thing here... can u explain any of this?
thanks.

fadz
27-07-2005, 05:40 PM
id say u drive it for a few days , let the ecu run in
its jus like sayn wen u do a engine rebuild u gota let the engine run in to certain kilometres b4 u can thrash it round
if it stil feels weak take it bak to him n make sure he gets u the ecu u askd for.

ProECU
27-07-2005, 09:23 PM
Dont discard the ECU, all can be converted to Automatic or Manual via simple jumper configurations.
The code (ECU program) is the same, the jumper settings govern the transmission type. Dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

Open the ECU case and look for a jumper labelled RP11.
If there is a resistor or jumper soldered in this place, simply remove it with desoldering it, or cutting it with some electronic snips.

Also, if your car is not throwing a code19, Auto Trans Lockup Solenoid, then chances are it is already a manual ECU.

Enjoy

nhat_18
27-07-2005, 11:05 PM
Okay.. most likely it has been converted to a manual ecu. But it still throws that code i mentioned earlier. It blinks fast twice, and slow once. Does that code mean 21 or 12???
21 is some vtec thing... and 12 is an EGR thingy.
Oh yeh... it feels like the vtec is not kicking in. The low end is good... but it seems to struggle to reach the cutout point. Could it be a code 21???

ProECU
27-07-2005, 11:20 PM
depends on the order of the flashes...

if the long flashes are first, its code 21 -> vtec solenoid.
diagnose the vtec solenoid by performing the diagnostic checks.

Disconnect the Solenoid connector & check for continuity, should have 14-30Ohm
Also check for continuity between connector & pin A4 of ECU.
If there is no continuity, you have a short somewhere.

Else, solenoid is fux0red.

nhat_18
27-07-2005, 11:29 PM
hmz... could the problem lie within the ecu? cuz my friend's j-mt p13 worked perfectly in my car.

so much headache... does anyone know where i can get a j-mt p13?? will any j-mt p13 work in my car??

ProECU
27-07-2005, 11:40 PM
so much headache... does anyone know where i can get a j-mt p13?? will any j-mt p13 work in my car??

Dude, re-read my post about converting to manual.

Also check oil level & pressure.

ECU-MAN
27-07-2005, 11:40 PM
if there was no codes in your mates ecu in your car then something weird is happening with your ecu

sounds like your ecu is registering code 2 and code 10
os sensor and IAT if it two quick pause one slow

there should be no problems with other P13'z

nhat_18
28-07-2005, 12:00 AM
Okay. The mechanic must have converted the ecu to manual already... otherwise it would be throwing that auto trans lockup code19.

But it is throwing codes whereas my friend's ecu, when plugged in my car, doesnt throw codes..
And also it doesnt perform like my friend's ecu..

The j-mt p13 works fine... the j-at p13 coverted to manual throws codes. It must be a shit ecu right?

I need confirmation before i tell my mechanic off. lolz.

Thanks for your help guys.

ECU-MAN
28-07-2005, 12:02 AM
was your mates ecu from an AUDM car

probably need to just change to a AUDM rom

nhat_18
28-07-2005, 12:04 AM
hmz... i have no idea.

he's engine and mine are both jdm. he's ecu is a jdm. do they have audm roms in jdm ecus?

ECU-MAN
28-07-2005, 12:18 AM
no. not unless you put one in there

nhat_18
29-07-2005, 01:59 PM
Okay thanks people. I just managed to get myself a j-mt p13 yesterday. It's all good now... cost me $250.