PDA

View Full Version : Installing angel eyes + altezzlas

Rico
26-07-2005, 07:53 PM
Hey guys I just ordered myself some angel eyes headlights and jaguar altezzla tailights for my 94 accord.
I was just wondering is it hard to install and does it require alot of time?
Those who have done it could you just outline how it went for you?
Cheers guys and gals!

sivic
26-07-2005, 08:06 PM
altezzas are as easy as stock lights. just take note of where each globe goes.
the angel eyes are pretty easy as well. the only part which needs a bit of work are the halos. these are the parkers. from each halo there will be 2 wires. usually a red and black or black and white. solder together the wires of the same colour - so the 2 black ones together etc... then get the joined wires and crimp and solder on a male 1/4" blade terminal. this leaves you with two 1/4" blade terminals from each headlight.
get your stock parker bulb and pull out the stock socket from the harness. this will reveal two female blade terminals in the harness. simply insert the male terminals into these (test to see which goes into which) and away you go. then just bolt up your lights.
get a mate to help and it should be done in about an hour, maybe 2

ICACHA
26-07-2005, 08:06 PM
remove the bumper blinkers and you will find 2 bolts on either side that hold the bumper in there, but do them last.

you will need to unscrew the ends either side in front of the front rims first then move to the lip where you will find a few 10mm bolts to undo and a plastic plug to sort of unscrew.

then unbolt it. make sure you have someone handy as you would want to do it with someone else as you might scratch the guards if you try and remove the bar by yourself.

then the rest is self explainitory, you will see the 10mm bolts holding the OEM head lights in and all you have to do is unplug and unbolt then remove as one. dont bother trying to remove the parker as it can be removed with the headlights.

the tail lights you need an 8mm socket to remove the nuts holding them in. that will be the easier of the 2 to do...

sorry i didnt take pics when i was doing mine :(

sivic
26-07-2005, 08:13 PM
also, before you do it get some whiter bulbs for the low beams as the ones that are in there are pretty yellow.

ICACHA: your avatar is pretty stupid considering many of the ppl on this forum.
unless you're trying to have a laugh:confused:

Rico
26-07-2005, 09:04 PM
alright thanks guys, I'll try it when I get them.

ICACHA
26-07-2005, 09:39 PM
sivic, go and read the thread on the professor that got sacked and that will answer your question :D in short yes its meant to be funny, unless you cant see that? :D

dundas
27-07-2005, 06:44 PM
take off front bumper... for halos so i think installing the headlights are a BItch..altezza are simple as 4 bolts -
ensure u put ur bumper on straight when puttng it back on :)

Rico
02-09-2005, 02:05 PM
altezzas are as easy as stock lights. just take note of where each globe goes.
the angel eyes are pretty easy as well. the only part which needs a bit of work are the halos. these are the parkers. from each halo there will be 2 wires. usually a red and black or black and white. solder together the wires of the same colour - so the 2 black ones together etc... then get the joined wires and crimp and solder on a male 1/4" blade terminal. this leaves you with two 1/4" blade terminals from each headlight.
get your stock parker bulb and pull out the stock socket from the harness. this will reveal two female blade terminals in the harness. simply insert the male terminals into these (test to see which goes into which) and away you go. then just bolt up your lights.
get a mate to help and it should be done in about an hour, maybe 2

hey I got my angel eyes about 3 weeks ago (just got my car from the panel beaters just then) and was gonna get a pro to do this for me but they charge like $80 a hour which is shite!
So I solded both the black and red wires together (seperately) but I don't get "then get the joined wires and crimp and solder on a male 1/4" blade terminal" - As in do I solder the soldered black and red ones together?? also wats crimp?
thanks lolll

V-techWhore
02-09-2005, 02:07 PM
wot do altezzlas lok like?

Rico
02-09-2005, 02:32 PM
well i ordered the red jaguar ones but got like chrome versions of them instead which was a shock at first but they've kinda grown on me...
http://images.andale.com/f2/123/123/8506892/1082915172321_1079587530871_new_94_95_Accord_chrom e.jpg I actually am starting to like them alot they go well with the theme of my car...will post pics in a week or two when i get my car lowered.

Rico
02-09-2005, 09:59 PM
yooooooooo anyone help me here??? I'm stuck with the halos??? YO????

dundas
06-09-2005, 05:55 PM
will have a DIY soonish...

Rico
07-09-2005, 03:02 PM
awesome! Cause I've gone to heaps of service departments, electricians and such and the cheapest I've found is $75 a hour!

jspec civic
24-09-2005, 01:24 PM
how much is the angels eyes anyways....