PDA

View Full Version : Wiring assistance needed

Zdster
27-07-2005, 10:31 AM
Hi all,

I have a bit of a problem and am not that good with wiring - so whoever answers can you please do so taking this into mind.

At the moment I have run some wiring through my car and have run all of the wires correctly - including grounding the relevant wires. I have tested that it all works by taking the one remaining wire that I have left (the power wire) and run it through an in-line fuse and hooked it to the battery - and it all worked!

My question is though - I want to attach this power wire to the fuse box. I have examined the box itself and there are a number of empty slots. How do I actually attach the wire itself to the fuse box? I take it I strip the end of the wire down but then what? I preferablly want to run the wire to a seperate fuse so that if anything blows it will be easier to diagnose etc. Can anyone help me with this??? (I hope that I have made sence).

Your help is much appreciated.

Zdster
27-07-2005, 08:04 PM
Can anyone help me here? :arrowu:

ECU-MAN
28-07-2005, 12:22 AM
you would have to solder the wire to a fuse connector inside the fuse box

Zdster
28-07-2005, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the response ECU-MAN. As a novice can you further explain what you mean:

1. WHat is a 'fuse connector'?
2. When you say solder to it 'inside the fuse box' what exactly do you mean?

Thanks again.

Zdster
28-07-2005, 12:13 PM
Bump for answers.

tinkerbell
28-07-2005, 12:33 PM
1. WHat is a 'fuse connector'?
2. When you say solder to it 'inside the fuse box' what exactly do you mean?

if you are asking these questions - your best/safest/least costly option would be taking it to an auto-electrician ;)

Zdster
28-07-2005, 01:28 PM
if you are asking these questions - your best/safest/least costly option would be taking it to an auto-electrician ;)

Ok, that wasnt the type of answer I was looking for :D. I have no problem with wiring (ie soldering, running wires etc), but when faced with the front of the fuse box I just get a bit confused.

I have tried a few auto electricians but most of them didnt want my business as they thought it was a to fiddly job that would take to much time :thumbdwn:.

If anyone else has any ideas (on how to run this) please let me know.

tinkerbell
28-07-2005, 01:30 PM
you "have no problem with wiring" yet ask what a "fuse connector" is?

okies :D

maybe just run a fused wire from the battery and avoid the scary fuse box???

that is an option...

Zdster
28-07-2005, 01:42 PM
:D :D :D

The problem really is I dont know how and where to 'plug' the power wires into the fuse box.

maybe just run a fused wire from the battery and avoid the scary fuse box???

I think this is what I am going to do. Seems much easier since no one can walk me through how to wire to the fuse box. At least with this I have a much better idea of what to do. Just need to run a wire, through an inline fuse in and away I go.

Just thought that someone might be able to help with the fuse box but oh well :confused: :).

Shraka
28-07-2005, 02:21 PM
Auto elec man. Try more of them.
Mate of mine has done a few conversions himself (4A-GE into AE86, 1JZ-GTE into MA70, lots of other little ones) and ALLWAYS sais don't bother with electrics. Get a professional to do it.