PDA

View Full Version : Roadworthy Quote

Flanderz
27-07-2005, 12:59 PM
Damn, My mechanic just called and its gonna cost me 950-1000 bucks to get a roadworthy done on the Integra, (WITHOUT 4 NEW TYRES) I'll post the quote when I get it but I was only expecting arount 600 fully done. what a set back. He was saying something about engine mounts and rear trailing arms only being genuine honda parts, is this true??? When I post the parts for the quote could someone tell me if i'm being ripped off or not? I heard about urathane engine mounts to stop wheel skipping? would I be better off getting these instead of the genuine honda parts??? Thanks for the help.
Also there is alot of road noise comming from the front, i got told it was my wheel bearings, but this guy said it was just my tyres and that you cant really judge until you get new tyres and see if the car still makes alot of road noise.????? Thanks again

IRI
27-07-2005, 01:57 PM
Dont you know someone that knows someone that can get a RWC for $50?

bubblecivic
27-07-2005, 02:05 PM
Dont you know someone that knows someone that can get a RWC for $50?

That means putting an unroadworthy vehicle on our roads? Placing "US" at risks?

IRI
27-07-2005, 02:17 PM
Are you seriously that anal?

dc2dc2dc2
27-07-2005, 02:33 PM
lol......ur gettin' jipped badly ! dude u need more connections, i don't know one person who has paid close to $1000 for RWC !

Felix
27-07-2005, 02:51 PM
lol......ur gettin' jipped badly ! dude u need more connections, i don't know one person who has paid close to $1000 for RWC !

maybe the reason its that much is because it requires work done to it to get it roadworthy.

bubblecivic
27-07-2005, 02:52 PM
maybe the reason its that much is because it requires work done to it to get it roadworthy.

Exactly.

kOncept
27-07-2005, 03:03 PM
have you tried taking it to another mechanic?

when i went to get a roadworthy for my car the first mechanic said he couldn't give me one till i fixed a list of thing one been my transmission mounts, i thought this was odd as i do regular check ups and so i got a second opinion from a very highly respected performance mechanic and the car was roadworthy except for the 2 front tyres.

careful of mechanics who are tryin to scam you, i've met many of these dodgy bast$#ds, they act all nice while they're emptying your pocket

ekslut
27-07-2005, 03:24 PM
If you don't really trust the mechanic, then get a second opinion. But do the work that needs to be done. Engine mounts and rear trailing arms are fairly serious, and if not fixed can put you and other peoples lives at risk.

But make sure he isn't ripping you off and making stuff up, get a second quote.

Flanderz
27-07-2005, 03:48 PM
careful of mechanics who are tryin to scam you, i've met many of these dodgy bast$#ds, they act all nice while they're emptying your pocket
LOL
Yeah well he acted very nicely, while emptying $66 for the quote, I thought I could trust him, my family have been for years now. Oh well still gott pick up the car and have a look at the quote.

Flanderz
27-07-2005, 04:02 PM

don't suppose you have any connections you could pass on???? help a bro out? :)

Flanderz
27-07-2005, 06:16 PM
Ok The quote is in could i ask for some comments on where I can find these parts cheaper and how easy they are to install myself???

Wiper blades (yeah yeah I know K-mart)

Few lights here and there

R/H Headlight corner cracked and needs to be sealed $50 odd bucks

Both front & rear engine mounts are broken and need to be replaced, quote was $300-350 including labour

R/H drive shaft noisey and needs to be replaced, quote was $190 and $100-$150 to install

Both Rear control arms & front round bushes broken around $374

4 New tyres which is not included in the price. Says there bubbled and have scrubbing on the outside.

hey at least he didn't say anything about my 120db exauhst note and the pod filter that has been plumbed the qualified plumber way (PVC Pipe anyone??), I really need to do some work :(