PDA

View Full Version : problem with euro

seihoa
27-07-2005, 07:51 PM
ok so i drove my friends euro today (shes a girl my age n she has a euro how lucky) well anywayz it was a nice smooth car ill love to own one.

well the problem is that when accelerating hard the steerin wheel tends to shake alittle? jst wondering if this is normal in the euro? and yes i did drive on a nice smooth road = ]

razaman
27-07-2005, 07:59 PM
She proably hit a curb and the alignment is out.

She is a 'girl' after all.

Raz (only partially kidding)

seihoa
27-07-2005, 08:02 PM
she jst got an alignment done jst a few dayz wen she changed the tyres.... she notice the problem ages ago but since the full service and all it seems to be better but its still there....

razaman
27-07-2005, 08:06 PM
Could be anything IMO, bent suspension parts, bad wheel alignment, bent rim, incorrect wheel balance etc etc

Raz

aaronng
27-07-2005, 08:11 PM
If it is just shaking a little, it could be a little torque steer.

The-Genesis
27-07-2005, 08:14 PM
mine does that to when i vtec. every one complains its too sudden when i put the pedal down. the just go slightlu back into teher seats when car approaches vtec :P

Any way. thats not a problem. you will notice that if you are driving on bumpy roads and accelerate hard. Its a FWD and all the road feel is directly feeded into steering,

splinter
27-07-2005, 08:26 PM
yea happens to me too, steering wheel feedback is abit too much in the euro. the wheel is slightly stiff as well so it makes it abit harder to drive on long trips with 1 hand.

EuroAccord13
27-07-2005, 08:34 PM
How bad is the shaking?

On acceleration, when vibration occurs, it's usually means the wheel needs a balance...

jamchen
27-07-2005, 08:49 PM
was the traction control at OFF :P or did u acceleration on stright road or you step on gas steaight after turns?

seihoa
27-07-2005, 09:53 PM
its mostly on straight roads wen i jst floor it =] it doesnt shake bad its jst lightly shakes...

yfin
27-07-2005, 09:57 PM
its mostly on straight roads wen i jst floor it =] it doesnt shake bad its jst lightly shakes...

That is not normal. Get the tyre balance checked

adammet04
28-07-2005, 09:40 PM
yeah wheel balance will fix...i haveaftermarket wheels on mine and took back 3 times to dealer to get a perfect alignment, then they stuffed it up again at last service..so i have to 'remind' them to fix it again at next service...

i had the mechanic at the dealer chat to me about it an dhe reckons euros very touchy about this and the aftermarkets dont help either plus its supposed to be looked at every 5000 as well...maybe justa sales ploy but yeah...

Chris_F
29-07-2005, 05:08 PM
yea i'm going to get another alignment done my wheel is a bit "pully". Like adammet04 said - euro's are really touchy when it comes to alignment and wheel balance (i've heard this before).

It may have something to do with the euros suspension type or just how its setup. Does anyone know a technical reason why the euros allignment and wheel balance makes such noticable difference to the steering etc?

The-Genesis
29-07-2005, 05:52 PM
Its too firm, and the aus roads dont do much good for it. On smooth perfect roads i cant feel a thing in the euro.

VirIIx
30-07-2005, 12:22 AM
the car was good from the start, there is a slight eh... now..

will be looked at soon when i go for service.. as well as a list of 'to do' things and a wheel alignment/balance to boot :)