PDA

View Full Version : how to prevent this from happening

Milk
13-02-2004, 11:59 AM
hiya, my names alan, and i just came back from hk and relise my gf bought a set of rims for her EF civic....they are nice, but unfortunately her car doesnt fit it(who sold it to her? :P ) and its a bit too wide and will hit the guard, but she really likes the rims and nagging to keep it
so i am here to ask...is there a way to resolve this or no should i just sell it back on market again for her. thanks heaps guys

MrPlow
13-02-2004, 12:22 PM
you can try something along the lines of:

1. try smaller tyres on the rims, say if its 205 try 195
2. lip and roll the gaurds
3. dont serverly lower the car
4. remove the inner plastic gaurds

if they fit the stud pattern, i dont see how they wouldnt fit nice ....
try smaller rubber, and lip the gaurds, it might just do the trick!

A'PEXi
13-02-2004, 12:32 PM
iif the stud pattern doesnt fit then you could get them re-drilled? don't think its very safe tho... why not sell them, and buy a set which is exactly the same style - but a size which suits the car.... got any pics of how badly they dont fit?....

[[d a n n y]]
13-02-2004, 12:33 PM
iif the stud pattern doesnt fit then you could get them re-drilled? don't think its very safe tho... why not sell them, and buy a set which is exactly the same style - but a size which suits the car.... got any pics of how badly they dont fit?....

haha if u want him dead :P

Milk
13-02-2004, 01:04 PM
lol its 4 stud and it fits but its too wide
and my gf took a diggy pic of it but its too big and i dunno how to resize it(shoot!)
so i am still trying the best to make her satisfy coz shes whinging and its annoying me lol:P

Milk
13-02-2004, 01:05 PM
apexi- she cant find these black rims here....we asked..only comes in silver or gunmetal....and she wants black
stubborn old woman~_~ dont tell her i said that:P

SP0017
13-02-2004, 07:18 PM
I am the one who sold it to her, it came off my EK Civic and my car is lowered and i never had problems with it hitting the guard. When i advertised it i also stated that it was 15 x 7. here's the link to my ad.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2842&start=0

Is the EF lowered a lot?

SP0017
13-02-2004, 07:23 PM
Anyway, I don't do dodgy deals. Your gf has my number, you can give me a call to discuss this.

Cheers

Milk
13-02-2004, 07:27 PM
haha is ok mate!
shes not upseting about u!
shes upseting about herself:) never said u are dodgy...was joking all the way :) so chill:)
shes getting a EG now...so everything solved...( she wanna get a civic for the rim or coz she dun like the EF anymore i dunno)
but all is waiting for is the test drive on the EG tmr when that chick drives down melb.
hope all goes well
i dont wanna see her biting me again haha

SP0017
13-02-2004, 07:32 PM
NO worries i'm chill...so she's buying a new civic for the rims?

Cool and good luck :)

Milk
13-02-2004, 07:40 PM
yes mate:D
haha coz so many hassle with the EF
she doesnt want it anymore
and aiming for a EG...well whatever she likes :)
and i think ur rims would fit in the EG wouldnt it?:)i dunno much about hondas as i drive rx8 and i am thinking of getting new rims as well...just come across this forum so help my gf to resolve prob

A'PEXi
13-02-2004, 09:50 PM
lol if you really wanted new ones, im sure you could get them, or buy the gunmetal ones and have them painted. anyway, since you are getting a eg, problem solved :D post some pics when its done.

Milk
13-02-2004, 10:04 PM
thnx for that:)
ye she will...but its stock..would be a headache to do it up from scratch
but shes enjoying it...what can i say lol