PDA

View Full Version : Civic eg - which supension shock will fit

Sitwy
29-07-2005, 11:55 AM
I just wondering which other oem supension shock will fit directly to a EG civic!

I heard that DC2 shock will fit ...is it?
how about EK VTIR one?
and which shock more stiff....coz I dun want some jelly one...^.^
thanks guy

barefootbonzai
29-07-2005, 12:07 PM
Yeah i think DC2 will fit. ITR will also fit but you'll need the ITR lower control arms. EK will fit but you'll need to shave the bushings. But I don't think there is much gain in changing to any of these. Not unless yours is busted and you can score a free set. If you're looking at an upgrade, go for some aftermarket ones, much better.

Sitwy
29-07-2005, 12:11 PM
yeah man, mine one busted....now driving like on rock!
so have you got any idea how much it cost me to get a better after market one?

spoondc2
29-07-2005, 12:50 PM
yeah man, mine one busted....now driving like on rock!
so have you got any idea how much it cost me to get a better after market one?

Try to source suspension for EG rather than DC, they can fit but they will have different spring rates, at least on mine, fits on EG but you will need softer springs on the front

They cost around 500-5000 depends on 1st hand or 2nd hand and performance
I think you should expect to pay $1500(new) for some good ones. Cheapest choices should be ITR shocks + spoon springs(F6.5 R5.5), or maybe koni + kgmm springs (F8 R6.5), or coilovers like Zeal(F12 R6-7)

Sitwy
31-07-2005, 11:43 PM
I got a lowed spring for my eg on a original shock, what about if I can put the spring on EK VTIR shock and put it on my EG......
will this fit directly????

EG5[KRT]
31-07-2005, 11:59 PM
ek fronts fit but not ek rear shocks need diff control arms..

tried fitting some on but didnt fit .. so u got eg sedan tho so it mayb different.

Sitwy
01-08-2005, 12:07 AM
so around how much to get the control arm....and anyother parts need to be change?

sesshoumaru
01-08-2005, 12:22 AM
what EG5[KRT] said is incorrect.:thumbdwn:

Barefootbonzai is on the ball, everything he said is 100% accurate.

Yeah i think DC2 will fit. ITR will also fit but you'll need the ITR lower control arms. EK will fit but you'll need to shave the bushings. But I don't think there is much gain in changing to any of these. Not unless yours is busted and you can score a free set. If you're looking at an upgrade, go for some aftermarket ones, much better.

to fit EK rear shocks on your car you'll need to use your standard LCA and shave the bushing that the shock sits on... it's not difficult with the right tools.

the fronts will fit no problem.

EG5[KRT]
01-08-2005, 12:43 AM
well mine didnt fit

oh well didnt really bother with shaving the bush coz i had both eg and ek suspension.

wat ever tickles ur fancy.. id just buy shocks meant for ur car. save u all the hassle.

sesshoumaru
01-08-2005, 12:47 AM
well obviously they didn't fit if you didn't shave the bushings :rolleyes:

Sitwy
01-08-2005, 07:48 AM
what about the spring?

Sitwy
01-08-2005, 07:51 AM
And u mean to shave the bushings on the top or bottom?

Terry
01-08-2005, 08:11 AM
Aftermarket one i will go for Tein.......:D

sesshoumaru
01-08-2005, 11:47 AM
springs will fit.

you need to shave the bushing on the LCA that the shock 'sits on'...

barefootbonzai
01-08-2005, 01:40 PM
You need to let us know what you want to achieve with your car in the long run. Like do you plan on modding this car quite a bit or you just want to fix your shocks. Do you just want looks, performance or both. How much $$$ are you looking at spending.