PDA

View Full Version : Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring (discussion)

^^v
29-07-2005, 07:58 PM
last race before the summer break! (aii 1 month without f1.. wot am i gonna do :confused: )

well... kimis first up in qualifying... what can he pull outa his bag i'd like to see..
and from wot drivers have said this track is one of the hardest to pass on
should be interesting

nEUROtic
29-07-2005, 08:43 PM
Kimi went from 10th to 1st here last year if you care to recall, one of the best drives ive ever seen. So I wouldnt worry too much. First practice also suggest renault is off the pace. See how that clears up in an hour but when second starts.

CAN HE FINISH is the big question

LUD02C
30-07-2005, 09:17 AM
I think they will fill him to the top, get him in 10th or around that in the grid area and hope Montoya wins the race and Kimi gets past Trulli quickly :)

After reading Schumacher's comments, I think he will be lucky to finish 4-5th.
He really doesn't like his chances :(

Wait for Martin and James to discuss Jenson's situation, going to be hilarious!

Vivski
31-07-2005, 12:48 AM
1:19 for Schumacher? Has he got any fuel in that thing at all? I'll be surprised if he gets 2 laps before pitting. Having said that, he could probably pit after 5 laps and still be ahead of the huge pack being held up by the Toyotas.
Alonso's race hinges on his start. If he can't get ahead of Trulli, then he will struggle. And if he doesn't beat Ralf to turn 1 then it's goodnight.

If Montoya beats Michael to the first corner, that's it, race over.

LUD02C
31-07-2005, 02:41 PM
The Ferrari could be fueled like the others (excluding the McLarens), everyone thought he was running light last week and he wasn't.

I hope Ferrari have put together a good package and Bridgestone have waved a magic stick and now they might be able to score some decent points.

Looks like the Renaults might be in some trouble, with Michael and Juan infront of the Toyota's (maybe Kimi if he jumps Trulli at the start)

And as for Mark.
Yet another disappointing result.

^^v
01-08-2005, 01:32 AM
ahahah interesting race...
lolz Alonso! what happened ahahah... the weeks leading up to this gp there were comments that Alonso was the luckiest driver in f1 this season... i guess that jinxed him.. coz he finished 11th!
mclaren mclaren mclaren.. seems that both their cars finishing a gp is a rarety these days.. but good on/for kimi for winning...
ferarri (or should i say michael.) seem to find some pace this round (for the first half of the race anywayz) with the new tyre compound... and so too the toyotas.. pretty impressive...
BAR's performance was prety dissapointing.. expected better.. but Nick Fry commented that they went with the harder compound.. n it didnt work for them in the race...

nEUROtic
01-08-2005, 10:23 AM
Ok comments.

How good was that crash haha. Haven't seen one this season like that, bit of a pile up. Good to see it shake the field up a bit. Ok so red bulls were out and it ****ed barichello and alonso basically. So, alonso starting at the back of the field eh. JPM and Kimi have both started way down the field this season, and converted it to a podium. (Hockenheim anyone?) What does alonso do? 11th. Seems he can only drive when things are going his way. He even had trouble getting past doornbos. We will see how this affects his qualifying next race too. Kimi turned a first out into a 4th. Can alonso do similar? Doesn't look like it if u look at this race. Renault in general were way off the pace. I smell a change in the constructors coming. Especially since ferrari and toyota have found pace. Renault mighten find it as easy to be in the points for the remainder.

But mclaren aren't outta the woods yet. Threw away 8 / 10 points with JPM not finishing. Definately need to sort that out soon. I hate to say it but it was good to see JPM blow up and not kimi for a change hahaa.

jackosimm
01-08-2005, 05:29 PM
yet again I couldnt stay up for the whole race, but what a start! Fair few events. Unlucky for both Red Bull car's out so early, both spectacular crashes!
Im sure Kimi and Michael would of had some battles too:D

Vivski
01-08-2005, 07:02 PM
All was going well for my tipping... Montoya, Raikkonen, Schumacher... then Montoya stopped and blew it all apart. So once again, so close to lots of points but ending up with little.

WOOHOO!!! Something bad happened to Alonso! But it really stuffed the race. It was one of the most boring races of the season. Alonso couldn't even pass the Minardis. That's pretty sad, considering even Barichello scored a podium from the back of the field.

Good to see Ferrari back on some form of pace (though Rubens was pretty slow), good to see Toyota running a better race pace this race. Although, after the first corner there wasn't much to hold up... both Massa and Coulthard out. I think Schumacher made the Toyotas look faster than they were, 'cos he was holding up Montoya and Raikkonen.

Who saw what happened between Montoya and Raikkonen on the first lap? Montoya was infront into the first corner, but suddenly Kimi was infront. I didn't see what happened. Is it possible he let Kimi through, 'cos he was 3-stopping and had a better chance of going with or overtaking Michael?

Good for the championship. Alonso really had no fight in him. It was really bad to watch. But I think the track really didn't suit the understeery Renaults. They'll be back at the top when they get to the faster tracks again.

jackosimm
01-08-2005, 07:11 PM
Who saw what happened between Montoya and Raikkonen on the first lap? Montoya was infront into the first corner, but suddenly Kimi was infront. I didn't see what happened. Is it possible he let Kimi through, 'cos he was 3-stopping and had a better chance of going with or overtaking Michael?

? I had no idea of this, very odd indeed. Wouldnt think Montoya would be so kind to do that sort of thing, even for a team mate

7th Gen
01-08-2005, 07:58 PM
i don't think it was a boring race - i mean the title race is so much more closer now, could go down to the wire

both red bulls taken out (nice roll!), JV getting on fire, montoya - engine trouble? alonso getting taken out and kimi storming to vistory!

nice to see both the schu brothers on the podium. good results for toyota, williams (after poor qualifying positions) and our mate sato bagging the last point (despite crazy talk about rubens going over to BAR)

turkey in 3 weeks, new track, no data, anyone can win. good to see that that new tracks (turkey, china) are at the end of the season, makes it so much better for both the punters and the drivers

GAME ON
(GO KIMI!!!!!!!)
PS update on the tipping comp Jase?

MRFIT
01-08-2005, 10:44 PM
finally kimi got what he deserved..... keep it up.... :)

bridgestone still couldn't make tyre that last the distance..... michael's bad year is 80% bridgestone's fault..... :D

Vivski
02-08-2005, 12:26 AM
It's always hilarious to see the championship leader get lapped. :D

**Ghost**
02-08-2005, 12:32 PM
u know i've always liked f1, but for some reason hungary grand prix was supremely boring for me i dont know y..

LUD02C
02-08-2005, 05:07 PM
First off, how did Kimi get in front of Montoya?
Montoya had racing line, was driving out of the corner when Kimi was entering it most of locked the fronts up or gone wide.

Juan would of won the race aswell, but thats motorsport.
Jenson and Sato I thought had a good race, could of been better (challenging the Toyotas) but choose wrong tyre.

Michael/Ferrari seem to be on top of things mildly, but Michael didn't seem that happy in the press conference.

Kimi yet again, another outstanding drive, Alonso is blaming Ralf but I do think Alonso went in there with expections that Ralf was going to let him through (for some unknown reason)

Both Red Bulls cars ended badly, Klein's roll wasn't that bad, but what happened to David was terrible.

I think I remember Juan saying his driveshaft broke?
McLaren 1-2 would of been good.

Well done Webber, steady race, even Heidfeld had a good race.

LUD02C
02-08-2005, 05:17 PM
Well done to ^^V scored 3 points, which made him go equal second.
Jackosimm, where were your tips?

jackosimm
02-08-2005, 06:04 PM
It was my 18th party Jase, and all sunday+sunday night I was still vomiting, didnt even cross my mind until late that night!

I watched the first few laps and thought I should try sleep, thrilling first couple of laps, from what most people are saying it didn't stay that way for long:thumbdwn: Nice three week break now!

^^v
02-08-2005, 09:57 PM
Well done to ^^V scored 3 points, which made him go equal second.

ahahah tyty .. :D