PDA

View Full Version : Better Brakes

NightRyder
29-07-2005, 09:16 PM
Hey Guys,
I currently am thinking of upgrading my brakes, seeing I have no real knowledge of which brands or such are good, I would like to ask anyone who can lead me in the right direction.
I've seen some in the Traders section but if I was to look for a complete package deal consisting of brakes, rotors, calipers etc. Where can I source these?

I am sick of these aftermarket brake pads I've just put in (as I am trying to save money for a whole new brake system) and they are squeaking and squealing like crazy..even when I'm in motion!! :(

So, if anybody knows places in Sydney to check out or sites to buy and install, that would be a great help!

Thanks

Cheers :D

euro1978
29-07-2005, 09:25 PM
Check out dba. They have been around for quite some time.

jamchen
29-07-2005, 09:59 PM
if you want to change the whole system... which includes calipers, rotors,pads, brake lines, fluids, master cylider etc... u r looking at few grands...
depending on how GOOD u want ur brake can be... i think 4 pot would be good enough for daily drive...wiliwood is a good brand..

WPN.22R
29-07-2005, 10:18 PM
if you dont wnt to spend millions of dollars;) just go and get a set of prelude vti-r brakes, theyll do the job for ya!-elee

Zdster
30-07-2005, 09:42 AM
There are a range of options including just upgrading pads/rotors to a full change of OEM and aftermarket full kit replacements. Really depends how much you want to spend and what you want to achieve from the upgrade.

sesshoumaru
30-07-2005, 10:41 PM
my advice would be to put some good tires on your car first (if you havn't already).

...and then look at upgrading the brakes.

kenji
31-07-2005, 12:54 AM
just get some RBF600 Brake fluids, SS brake line, Pads ( fredo, endless, project mu etc ) and rotors if needed.

btw racing brake pads do squeal!

NightRyder
31-07-2005, 10:58 PM
Hey fellas,
thanks for all yor advice and tips. I should have clarified at the start, I really would just like to upgrade to better brakes for normal street driving with a bit of style in it for the looks.. :) And not really after racing brakes.

But yes, mainly for street driving/cruising that would go with my 16" Pirelli PNERO ZERO tyres.

I wouldn't mind the OEM CTR EK9 set up either..

joyride
01-08-2005, 07:36 AM
go with DBA or get other OEM honda brakes (prelude for example).