PDA

View Full Version : type R wont start!

superR
31-07-2005, 02:23 AM
i am recieving my turbo ina couple of days so i decided to throw in my new fuel pump ( walbro 255lp/h).
i got it all in ok , then when i went to start it it wouldnt start, it turns over but thats it!
ive been up for hours trying to find the problem by checking everything i did.
i got the multymeter out and there is 12.2 volts in the battery, which should be enough, pump is working (i tested it with multymeter and i can here the winding noise most big pumps make). i just cant work it out.
any ideas from anyone as to what i can do to find the problem?

Fattony
31-07-2005, 04:12 AM
Have ya checked to see if your fuel rail is getting any petrol, you might have arse about your fuel lines when you installed your pump. Just a guess

r`Geno
31-07-2005, 09:42 AM
Definately something to do with the fuel pump installation - either you didn't install it correctly or it's faulty.

ATSE
31-07-2005, 10:36 AM
Did you prime it? As in leave the key on the second position for 5-10secs before starting the car. Also check your main relay and also the connection at the pump itself, it might not be on tight enough.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNTA2ODY0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE=.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNTA2ODkxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE=.jpg

superR
31-07-2005, 05:01 PM
The pump itself has power going to it but it wont pum the fuel. i disconnected the fuel lines straight after the pump but nothing is coming out

BLKCRX
31-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Looks like you have a broken pump then ... or u have + and - around the wrong way...
thus the pump is pushing fuel not suckin fuel...

Regards James

superR
31-07-2005, 05:54 PM
i may just check that the + and - are the right way around..... but there is a red and a black wire ..... how can i fark that up lol? but ill check anyways .... i may even swap em round and see what happens.

tinkerbell
31-07-2005, 06:31 PM
or u have + and - around the wrong way...

how to turn a 3 hour fuel pump install into a 6 hour fcukaround!

been there, done that, always triple check the connections!

superR
01-08-2005, 04:48 PM
tell me the hell about it ..... its justa damn fuel pump! im gonna get it flow tested to see if it is the fuel pump just not working properly.
hey tinkerbell what was the problem with yours?

ginganggooly
01-08-2005, 07:18 PM
how to turn a 3 hour fuel pump install into a 6 hour fcukaround!

been there, done that, always triple check the connections!

nah, dc2 fuel pump installs take about 20 mins :)
nice and easy to get to.

superR
01-08-2005, 08:06 PM
hell yeh its easy to get to ( centered under rear seats) but not so easy when you cant start the car after the install lol.
ill get it fixed ..... i think its a malfunctioning fuel pump. Guess i'll see one it get flow tested.

ECU-MAN
01-08-2005, 10:45 PM
hay mate
I have been there before as well

what I found was the new pump had the stariner pointing upwards not downwards into the fuel, the pump was the wrong pump for the car, the car had 3/4 tank or fuel but the stariner was not in the fuel, was tired and getting late and i overlooked it, but shortly found the problem.

check it out

tinkerbell
02-08-2005, 09:05 AM
sweet, the DA and CRX both had to have the fuel tank removed to get to the fuel pump!

now i have a DC2 i dont have to drop the tank??? fukin yay!!!

the EF CRX had the strainer facing *slightly* to the side, and would not draw fuel when low...

that was a PITA install that one...

ginganggooly
02-08-2005, 09:19 AM
yeah, the strainer is very fiddly. I ended up re-using the old one as the walbro one sits too high in the tank. i was getting fuel starvation at about 1/2 a tank.

*yes i know it's bad to re-use them, but the pumps are cheap...