PDA

View Full Version : Bogging Down!

MrPlow
14-02-2004, 12:10 AM
okay my ek has a problem that im going to try to explain the best way i can,

when i go to launch hard/quick, my car bogs down and the revs drop, then after a few seconds of it being bogged, the revs start to slowly pick up, my guess is to replace the clutch, has anyone had a simliar problem or know whats wrong? there is even a slight burning smell after this happens?

McChook
14-02-2004, 12:15 AM
ahahahaha
cl-utch

test this

5th gear, 10km/hr, floor it. if it just revs, she's fuct, need a new clutch. Otherwise, you are just launching bad

Weq
14-02-2004, 12:30 AM
its a bad launch :)
i do it to, u really need to slip the clutch at high rev's, not completely drop it otherwise u'll bog. Try and get a bit of tyre spin, its the best way to keep rev's up.

MrPlow
14-02-2004, 12:33 AM
okay, will do it ASAP!

azjs
14-02-2004, 10:11 AM
If your clutch was slipping, to put it simply, your revs would go up, but your car wouldn't move with it...

-az

MrPlow
14-02-2004, 12:41 PM
well thats what is happening, my revvs are climbing but my car is not going anywhere...

i did that 5th gear test McChook suggested, and the car just revvs like mad and the car hardly moving ....

wheelspin is out of the question in my car, the clutch wont let me, not even do 2nds or anything......

im looking for a new clutch, anyone know where to go, or what to get?

Spoon-Accord
14-02-2004, 12:47 PM
brass button!!! like wat i have..
its a bi&*h to shift or drift in public..
but hey ... its worth it :D

Ken

2ds
14-02-2004, 04:23 PM
Generally consensus on clutches seems to be that if you give it a bit of punishment (eg you like 6k takeoffs) get yourself a heavy duty (exidy or daiken maybe).

don't bother with a brass button unless you really need it. if you are in traffic it will kill you! actually if you are a masochist this is the clutch for you =D

oh and ofcourse if you are neither developing huge ammounts of power or driving like a hoon a stock one should be fine =)

-2ds

vuvu
15-02-2004, 06:11 PM
with a button clutch you could do dmg to ur drivetrain due to the shock between hard gear changes
my friends s14 i could do bunny hops wen u change gears too harshly.. bites too much
but hey that mite not be a bad thing aye
peace